I think the hardest thing about the prospect of moving from BlackBerry 10 to Android is losing functionality we've become used to, and therefore feeling as though we're moving backwards.

For example, I play YouTube videos in the background all the time while navigating to other browser tabs or apps. It seems so basic, why hasn't Google added this to Android. Do you think BlackBerry will put such functionality on Priv?

What do you guys think will make it from the following list to Priv?

YouTube in the background
    Bedtime Mode
    Custom Profiles
    Toast Notifications
    BBM Video
    Gestures
    Shortcut Keys
    Speed Dial from Keyboard
    BlackBerry 10 Browser

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 12:39 PM
    I'm mostly interested in a consolidated inbox and calendar that includes both personal and work. Any thoughts on this?...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 02:22 PM
    Well we know HUB is coming. Thank God for that. But it probably won't be easily accessible as with a gesture, unless BlackBerry pleasantly surprises us. I am really hoping for most of the above features.

Posted via CB10
    Sparksx likes this.
    10-04-15 02:27 PM
    Youtube in the background - Available from Android 5.0 and up
    Bedtime mode - not available, but I'm sure there are apps for that
    Custom profiles - Available from Android 4.4 and up
    Toast Notifications - Available from Android 5.0 and up
    BBM video - not available (yet)
    Gestures - Android is full of gestures, and many of them make more sense then the BB10 gestures
    Shortcut keys - not availabe, but you can program shortcuts on your homescreen really easy
    Speed dial from keyboard - not available, but you can place shortcuts for speed dialing on your homescreen
    BB10 browser - not available, but a load of other browsers are available in the app store
    10-04-15 02:27 PM
    For a consolidated inbox whe have to wait and see if the Hub is coming to the Priv.
    A calendar app that includes multiple calendars is available in the app store "business calendar"

Android is not as bad as some are telling you. Yes, it's less safe, but the operating system is more fluid and intu�tieve than BB10.
    I switched from my Classic to a lower priced Android, and I must admit that the Android is much faster operating.
    Plus, there's widgets, homescreen shortcuts for settings, profiles, etc. This all is not available in BB10 (or at least one swipe away).
    10-04-15 02:29 PM
    For a consolidated inbox whe have to wait and see if the Hub is coming to the Priv.
    A calendar app that includes multiple calendars is available in the app store "business calendar"

Android is not as bad as some are telling you. Yes, it's less safe, but the operating system is more fluid and intu�tieve than BB10.
    I switchend from my Classic to a lower priced Android, and I must admit that the Android is much faster operating.
    The Hub is coming to the Priv.. no question about that. BlackBerry calendar will most likely return too.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-04-15 02:33 PM
    BlackBerry Calendar is confirmed. It was one of the Apk files found. That and BlackBerry Contacts.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 02:36 PM
    Gestures - Android is full of gestures, and many of them make more sense then the BB10 gestures
    Shortcut keys - not availabe, but you can program shortcuts on your homescreen really easy
    Speed dial from keyboard - not available, but you can place shortcuts for speed dialing on your homescreen
    BB10 browser - not available, but a load of other browsers are available in the app store
    Thanks for the info Ruudco!

Really happy to hear about YouTube in background and I hope I like Android's implementation of toasts.

I guess with gestures I'm really going to miss up and to the right from any screen to be in hub. I really hope BlackBerry throws that in. I have a feeling BlackBerry will add keyboard shortcuts and speed dial. They are after all toting that this is Android with a BlackBerry keyboard, so I'm guessing they want it fully functional.

I know there are other browser but I really like BlackBerry 10's. Smooth and fast, even with many browsers open. Chrome crashes on my PC. So not excited for it on smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    10-04-15 02:40 PM

I switched from my Classic to a lower priced Android, and I must admit that the Android is much faster operating.
    Plus, there's widgets, homescreen shortcuts for settings, profiles, etc. This all is not available in BB10 (or at least one swipe away).
    "More fluid and intuitive than bb10" hahahaha good one! That's rich lmao.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 03:24 PM
    So long as Priv has a good HUB I'm in.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-04-15 04:25 PM
    And still I hate Android! Hotmail sold us to Facebook and Google selling us to CIA! When we can get privacy???

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    10-04-15 04:45 PM
    And still I hate Android! Hotmail sold us to Facebook and Google selling us to CIA! When we can get privacy???

Posted via CB10
    And that's what I think is the interesting question. We all know that Google gives information to NSA and CIA. BlackBerry claims the Priv will give us privacy. Well how private will they make it? How much information will Google get from a Priv device vs a BlackBerry 10 one?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 05:28 PM
    And that's what I think is the interesting question. We all know that Google gives information to NSA and CIA. BlackBerry claims the Priv will give us privacy. Well how private will they make it? How much information will Google get from a Priv device vs a BlackBerry 10 one?

Posted via CB10
    It's OS+Apps who are do burglary ! Android secured by BlackBerry will secure but Apps nobody can give guarantee

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 06:54 PM
    It's OS+Apps who are do burglary ! Android secured by BlackBerry will secure but Apps nobody can give guarantee

Posted via CB10
    No that's not true. It's in the OS too.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 07:28 PM
    No that's not true. It's in the OS too.

Posted via CB10
    Thats what I said OS and Apps do! Sometimes buggy OS and most of the time apps

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 09:50 PM
    Sounds like the lost of many features, who in their right mind would want an Android phone with a Blackberry label?
    10-04-15 11:20 PM
    Sounds like the lost of many features, who in their right mind would want an Android phone with a Blackberry label?
    Millions of Android users who left BlackBerry years ago.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-05-15 05:22 AM
    Millions of Android users who left BlackBerry years ago.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it. If they left years ago they were never Blackberry fans.
    10-05-15 10:11 PM
    I doubt it. If they left years ago they were never Blackberry fans.
    Go read articles and forums posts at Android sites like Android Central and Android Authority. Your doubts will be removed. Android fans are "excited to go back to BlackBerry " to paraphrase.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, Carmels and Shadowyugi like this.
    10-06-15 01:47 AM
    Well we know HUB is coming. Thank God for that. But it probably won't be easily accessible as with a gesture, unless BlackBerry pleasantly surprises us. I am really hoping for most of the above features.

Posted via CB10
    In the one video leak he shows how to get to hub quickly. He put his finger on one of the buttons at the bottom and hub came up to the right, Google search I think was at the top and the BlackBerry assistant was on the left. It looked gesture based as I didn't see him lift his finger

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix News C003BA5E3 *-*
    10-06-15 02:42 AM
    I love the BlackBerry hub, BlackBerry Virtual keyboard and BlackBerry slide UI

If BlackBerry moving from Bbos to Android is a terrible idea, since Bbos and it's features is the best....

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 07:09 AM

You are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree with this statement.

Posted via CB10
    hellomoto921 likes this.
    10-06-15 07:38 AM
    In the one video leak he shows how to get to hub quickly. He put his finger on one of the buttons at the bottom and hub came up to the right, Google search I think was at the top and the BlackBerry assistant was on the left. It looked gesture based as I didn't see him lift his finger

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix News C003BA5E3 *-*
    I know the video you're talking about. I was wondering if he lifted his finger or not. It looked as though he had not. Let's hope it's a fast swipe gesture. That pause holding the button might kill the point of it being a gesture away.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 07:52 AM

You are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree with this statement.

Posted via CB10
    What cpu on that lower priced android? I disagree that it's much faster. Apps might load faster but task switching isn't.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-06-15 11:11 AM
    BBB video, and blackberry browser are the features to miss. I use all three mobile OSs No one can compete in terms of fuctionality like BB browser. Specially when you want to work with CMS on your mobile.

Posted via CB10
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    10-07-15 12:31 AM
144 123 ...