Would BIS work on BlackBerry Priv. I live in Nigeria and I have been using my BlackBerry Q10 and Q5 as personal hotspots for a while, I am curious if I would be able to do this with the Priv.
    11-03-15 04:41 AM
    There is no BIS on any BlackBerry 10 handsets. It was a feature of BBOS, though some carriers will not change your BIS plan if you move to a newer device.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 04:44 AM
    There is no BIS on any BlackBerry 10 handsets. It was a feature of BBOS, though some carriers will not change your BIS plan if you move to a newer device.

Posted via CB10
    Well in nigeria, the bis still works on some carriers with the bb10 devices but in respond to the OP's question, I don't think bis will be available because the priv is going to be an android device. The only way it can be possible is if carriers see the device(priv) for what is it a blackberry and link it to the bis network as they've done with the bb10 phones ( counting on glo on this one)

Sovereign sir mictol
    11-03-15 08:01 AM
    Well in nigeria, the bis still works on some carriers with the bb10 devices but in respond to the OP's question, I don't think bis will be available because the priv is going to be an android device. The only way it can be possible is if carriers see the device(priv) for what is it a blackberry and link it to the bis network as they've done with the bb10 phones ( counting on glo on this one)

Sovereign sir mictol
    In Nigeria... some carriers (in other locations as well) have "faked" a BIS service for BBerry OS 10 devices. This is because when OS 10 was introduced there was an outcry as BIS was so popular. No OS 10 device can run on BIS. No OS 10 device IS running on real BIS. There was a lengthy discussion about this when carriers (like MTN) first concocted faked BIS services for OS 10 users. It is impossible for an Android device to run on real BIS. It is impossible for an OS 10 device to run on real BIS. If your carrier claims your OS 10 device is running on BIS... they're fibbing.
    rthonpm likes this.
    11-03-15 10:35 AM