Been a long time user of bb10. After a lo g deliberation, finally bought the priv on the weekend. Sleek lookin device. But cannot stand the way android works. Very clunky with million notification settings.

Hub is not the same as bb10. Simple things like attaching multiple files from Dropbox while composing an email is not possible. Also I need apps for everything like file manager integration, bed side mode etc.

So I've been thinking of selling this and gutting a lumia 950. Never used a windows device. But the videos and reviews are great for this device. Lack of apps light be an issue. I'm not a big apps user but need banking apps and whatsapp.

What should I do?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kertong likes this.
    11-16-15 01:51 PM
    My advice, havin never owned a smartphone that wasn't a BlackBerry. There has been a huge learning curve with android. I'm used to powering up a new device and being able to do pretty much anything in just a couple of motions. I'm learning that android can accomplish that but only after hour of setup and customization.
    Since you mentioned your other option being a windows phone I think it almost a silly question. Either way you're gonna have the same pains in learning a new system. Why not stick with the one that has the most apps, most options, and most likely to incorporate all the BlackBerry features we're missing, in the future.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    11-16-15 01:57 PM
    Give android 1 or 2 weeks and it will become second nature.
    11-16-15 01:59 PM
    What should I do?
    Please go to a store and get as much hands-on experience, if you haven't already with a Windows Phone before committing yourself to another purchase you may not enjoy. If you have money to burn, though, then by all means pick one up and be sure to share your experience with us.
    11-16-15 02:01 PM
    I have never used windows 10 phone, but I had a windows mobile device (motorola a3100) which I loved... very customizable... only trouble with that device is it was no good as a phone, but that's just hardware... the OS was first class then...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 02:40 PM
    As an aside, windows10 went on my win8.1 pro desktop & laptop & also my win7 pro netbook & are working great... just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 02:43 PM
    If your a long time user of BB10, and don't like your Priv(because of the things that BB10 do better), then why don't you just stay with BB10?
    kertong, russphil and BerryRipe like this.
    11-16-15 02:48 PM
    I would agree with the others. Android is actually a good system but you have to make use of it. The amount of customization options can be overwhelming at times and even annoying but it gives a lot of freedom too.

As for Windows 10, I can't give a general recommendation here. The approach is a bit different from Android. It goes more the proprietary path, just like BB10 and iOS with everything integrated, trying to offer a whole ecosystem out of one hand. In my opinion the Windows 10 approach has lots of potential but you'd be an early adopter while Android has reached a very mature level now.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 02:59 PM
    If your a long time user of BB10, and don't like your Priv(because of the things that BB10 do better), then why don't you just stay with BB10?
    I know - I'm a phone addict. Want something new - used my Z30 for almost 2 years - can't use passport with its PKB. That's why i bought the priv. If this thing runs on BB10, that will be my dream phone!!
    11-16-15 03:17 PM
    I agree. I think it makes more sense for you to get a passport SE, rather than a lumia.

edit: ah, just saw your comment later on about how you couldn't get used to the passport's pkb, hmmm. I think chances of you growing used to the passport's pkb is greater than getting used to a whole new ecosystem (android or WP), though. it took me about a week or two of regular use on the passport SE's keyboard, but I can fly on that thing now without looking. Having a harder time adjusting to the priv's PKB with its letter dropping and slight lag, though.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-16-15 03:17 PM
    Why not just return it instead of selling it?
    11-16-15 05:45 PM
    Looks like I might just sell it and wait for the lumia to hit the stores and decide after doing s full review on a demo. Priv is good but android is what I don't like. I'll use my leap in the mean time. Hopefully I can sell my priv tomorrow
    11-17-15 10:49 PM
    Android, once set up for you, is unbeatable.
    It's up to you, but a new system takes time to get used to. Noone was used to BB10 when it first came out.

I cant advocate a Windows Phone as I'm a blackberry fan and Windows is the rival that wants to put Blackberry out of business but do whats right for you
    11-17-15 10:53 PM
    I thought I would like Windows Phone a lot but after the missus got one and UI used it, I really didn't like it. I like the tiles home page concept but I don't like their stock apps at all (email, calendar, calling) or even their third party apps. Even their settings menu is a mess in my opinion. Simply put, I find bbb10 a much better solution than a windows phone.

But, I haven't tried windows phone 10 yet so maybe it will be a lot better than 8.1 though I am not optimistic.

My advice would be to try one out for a week to see if it meets your needs or not as that will be the only way to know for sure. If it doesn't, return it and try something else.
    11-17-15 11:07 PM
    I've actually come to like the notifications and being able to delete and quick reply.

I had to spend time to disable the notification tones - you have to create custom alerts in the hub for each account.

Once setup, I'm pretty happy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 11:11 PM
    Give android 1 or 2 weeks and it will become second nature.
    Will all of the action keys and text input boxes magically migrate from the top of the screen to the bottom? The amount of hand movement that Android requires is amazing. Android was not designed with useability in mind. Sure Android can do everything under the sun, but it can't do any of it efficiently or comfortably.

Posted via CB10
    anon(679606) likes this.
    11-17-15 11:22 PM
    I am very intrigued by what you describe here... my physical challenges make excessive hand movements a burden... I use the Passport finding the keyboard & capacitive feature to bring those movements down to a bare minimum.... I would find reaching up frequently & especially to a very tall screen to make my life difficult... I will think twice about the Priv & sure do hope the Passport Is updated either to a more recent android runtime or even to android via BlackBerry...we'll see what they do...

Will all of the action keys and text input boxes magically migrate from the top of the screen to the bottom? The amount of hand movement that Android requires is amazing. Android was not designed with useability in mind. Sure Android can do everything under the sun, but it can't do any of it efficiently or comfortably.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 11:34 PM
    I am very intrigued by what you describe here... my physical challenges make excessive hand movements a burden... I use the Passport finding the keyboard & capacitive feature to bring those movements down to a bare minimum.... I would find reaching up frequently & especially to a very tall screen to make my life difficult... I will think twice about the Priv & sure do hope the Passport Is updated either to a more recent android runtime or even to android via BlackBerry...we'll see what they do...
    I don't mean to steer you away from the Priv (though, I myself just ordered a Classic). Just watch the Priv promo video that was released by BlackBerry a couple weeks ago. The little demo shows the flow, and the user looks like he's edm dancing

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 07:09 AM
    At least Priv is still a BlackBerry. I can't stand Windowsphone..the only good thing in there is the Nokia camera and here map.
    I suggest keep the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 07:15 AM
    At least Priv is still a BlackBerry. I can't stand Windowsphone..the only good thing in there is the Nokia camera and here map.
    I suggest keep the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Yes - that's why the dilemma
    Its been 3 days with priv - i don't really like the way android works. There is no flow to the whole OS. Everything needs to be customized. But its just my prefernce coming from BB10.

If they can get the hub working like in BB10, I might consider keeping the priv. I've a few major issues with hub:

- sometime the emails are marked unread even after i read them - its random
    - no remote search feature availabe for shaw email account - other emails such as gmail, icloud have this option (configured as MSexchange - bb10 works fine)
    - no proper file manager integration with hub - inability to attach multiple files from drobox while composing an email from hub
    - no ability to view all attachments from email accounts from hub like BB10

But windows10 phone might have similar issues as well, who knows? I;ve to spend some time checking these issues out on lumia 950 when the demo unit is available.
    11-18-15 12:27 PM
    I know - I'm a phone addict. Want something new - used my Z30 for almost 2 years - can't use passport with its PKB. That's why i bought the priv. If this thing runs on BB10, that will be my dream phone!!
    Agreed but with Google Play Services and all the apps in Play Store working perfectly

Posted from my Priv!
    11-18-15 12:30 PM
    @OP: do you drive automatic or manual ?
    11-18-15 01:31 PM
    I've both cars!!
    11-18-15 01:36 PM
    I've both cars!!
    good then...i was going to say that going from BB10 to Android is probably like going from automatic to manual stick shift...a matter of getting used to it
    11-18-15 01:47 PM
    Are you saying that an Android user would drive a stick? Because I believe the opposite: I feel as though I have way more control in BB10. It's not as if professional software engineers are stupider than amateur app designers. There's a lot of customization options in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 01:48 PM
31 12