Just for the record the latest renders and blurry images of the slider do match well with enhanced images of the photographs taken at MWC in March 2015 and shown below:
    Attached Thumbnails Best Pictures of Slider from MWC March 2015-blackberry-slider-mwc-march-2015.jpg  
    bb8900edit likes this.
    08-09-15 04:21 PM
    Except this device is way too thick.
    08-09-15 04:30 PM
    Except this device is way too thick.
    It probably has a huge battery

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 05:09 PM
    I can see the Blackberry World icon, maybe Venice will run BB10.
    08-09-15 11:16 PM
    I can see the Blackberry World icon, maybe Venice will run BB10.
    I don't know why this is a conversation...BlackBerry invested MILLIONS of dollars in BlackBerry 10, why the **** would they ditch the PLATFORM?

Doesn't make sense to me. It's like buying a home, the value going down 10% then selling it and losing another 5% to realtor fees, land transfer, etc. You just loseloselose...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 11:32 PM
    You should do some reading on the concept of sunk costs - what you have already spent should have no bearing on what you decide to do going forward. What you actually have does but not what you have spent.

I don't know why this is a conversation...BlackBerry invested MILLIONS of dollars in BlackBerry 10, why the **** would they ditch the PLATFORM?

Doesn't make sense to me. It's like buying a home, the value going down 10% then selling it and losing another 5% to realtor fees, land transfer, etc. You just loseloselose...

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-09-15 11:36 PM
    You should do some reading on the concept of sunk costs - what you have already spent should have no bearing on what you decide to do going forward. What you actually have does but not what you have spent.
    Lol, from the basic economics course I took, the understanding I have of sunk cost is essentially "I might as well... because..."

That's exactly the opposite of how I feel regarding BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry fell into the sunk cost trap when BBOS was based on Java because Java sucked.

I genuinely believe QNX is the superior OS & it's not a matter of "might as well..." it's a matter of advancing it to optimize it for the consumer.

Do I think BlackBerry will have 30%+ North American market share ever again? **** no. But I'm confident there is a niche market looking for BlackBerry 10 phones. With the right marketing and features brought into it, it would be possible to gain 5-8% global market share.

Honestly, I have a BlackBerry Passport, I work various different jobs & I'd refer to myself as young. Youngest person in the room regularly. Not a single Android app, because well, I don't need it. I see the argument for why, but there are work arounds, more regarding partnership development, not abandoning a strong mobile platform.

Posted via CB10
    SilkySunshine likes this.
    08-10-15 12:43 AM
    I really hope this phone is not so big that it won't fit on my hip. I have always had my BlackBerry on my hip. Don't want to change.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    08-12-15 08:09 AM
    Lol, from the basic economics course I took, the understanding I have of sunk cost is essentially "I might as well... because..."

That's exactly the opposite of how I feel regarding BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry fell into the sunk cost trap when BBOS was based on Java because Java sucked.

I genuinely believe QNX is the superior OS & it's not a matter of "might as well..." it's a matter of advancing it to optimize it for the consumer.

Do I think BlackBerry will have 30%+ North American market share ever again? **** no. But I'm confident there is a niche market looking for BlackBerry 10 phones. With the right marketing and features brought into it, it would be possible to gain 5-8% global market share.

Honestly, I have a BlackBerry Passport, I work various different jobs & I'd refer to myself as young. Youngest person in the room regularly. Not a single Android app, because well, I don't need it. I see the argument for why, but there are work arounds, more regarding partnership development, not abandoning a strong mobile platform.

Posted via CB10
    Agree, I don't think BlackBerry will be dominant for a long long time, but eventually a 10-15% maker share I can see

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:20 AM
    Agree, I don't think BlackBerry will be dominant for a long long time, but eventually a 10-15% maker share I can see

Posted via CB10
    I wish I shared your confidence. I think the best BlackBerry will ever do is 2-3%. Even that seems like a pipe dream at this point.

Most people never look at BlackBerry anymore. Only qwerty lovers and corporate issues left.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    08-13-15 08:15 AM