What is it about the priv that makes you enjoy it so much. Is anyone thinking about switching back their old blackberry?

I must say I love the keyboard, it isn't by far my q10 nor passport but I love the forum factor and usability of it as well.
    01-05-16 09:42 PM
    Honestly, I really don't know what the best part of the Priv is....my wife is currently using my back up Classic right now because she had to send her Note 5 away for repair...I am one step away from giving her the Priv. I have that itch for BlackBerry 10 right now. Just missing the flow of it.

If anything, the only thing that is keeping me to the Priv is the form factor of the slider, and the perfectly working Spotify app!
    01-05-16 09:52 PM
    For me the extra apps!.. Sky news; Sky go...
    Chromecast too..

..but: that BB passport - what a winner.

Better rounded solutions.. all round: PRIV
    01-05-16 09:53 PM
    All the apps for me too. Some of the apps I've downloaded actually make the flow of my Priv like a BB10 phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-05-16 10:56 PM
    App selection is the main reason, second would be camera for me

My passport is faster with less lag between transitions, button presses, etc..

A lot of usability things are just leaps and bounds better on the passport

01-05-16 10:59 PM
    I don't know guys, I'm pretty partial to the "O" key myself.
    aecgda and NickMcBride like this.
    01-05-16 11:00 PM
    android(apps/games) and physical keyboard, texting without looking is now viable for me again. even with gloves

think im old school, but i really like the slider feel.
    01-05-16 11:29 PM
    The thing I enjoy the most is Android. Secondary is the beautiful hardware.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-06-16 12:19 AM
    Interesting how so many still love BB10 and that just because their favorite app is there now, that supersedes everything. #itsjustaphone

Posted from my Blackberry Classic
    01-06-16 12:22 AM
    If anything, the only thing that is keeping me to the Priv is the form factor of the slider, and the perfectly working Spotify app!
    The form factor, I understand. That's the main reason I want one. But I have Spotify on all of my BB10 devices and it works absolutely fine.
    01-06-16 12:35 AM
    I am still sticking to my BB Classic. The PRIV is a secondary device (as of now). Will probably give it another go (as primary) once the Hub integration (for Whatsapp and SMS / Messenger) gets sorted out (Tapping on the Hub notification simply opens up the Whatsapp APP. Same with the Messenger). Also... waiting for a NON-APP solution for shutting up the bloody SCREENSHOT taken notification.

Also... hoping there will be some way to SEND typed out emails from either touching some where at the bottom of the screen (instead of the top) or through a keyboard shortcut.

Till then... the PRIV isn't nearly as productive (for me) as the BB Classic. This is just a gimmicky toy that I find a bit annoying.
    01-06-16 12:41 AM
    It is still in my closet and it was bought at launch and sent to me sometime in the first week of last Dec. Android is quite a mess for me.

Posted from my Passport
    01-06-16 04:03 AM
    I like Google now better,watching videos better,camera,Bluetooth,apps,customizing,better support from BlackBerry!

01-06-16 06:10 AM
    As blackberry users we are apps hungry after long starvation with blackberry world. To me personally Google now is the best feature of all specially when I'm driving and I need help with directions. It's 10 times much fast than BlackBerry voice assistance and way too smarter.

Also running apps natively is much better than running them inside blackberry android emulator, but to say the truth it wasn't terrible either. But lack of apps and the fact that you have to struggle to get apps working outside blackberry world was also pain in the neck.

I see blackberry did a fair shot with BB10 they took it to the best they could. I still was hoping to see android with BB10 style where it's android but has a full launcher of BB10 with all gestures and cool tweaks. Maybe they should call it BB10 upgraded LOL and market it as new BB11 OS !

01-06-16 06:42 AM
    Android!! The device runs so smooth.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    01-06-16 07:47 AM
    Key board and apps for me. I actually like the keyboard more than the on line Q10.

01-06-16 08:00 AM
    The speed and keyboard for me plus the hub is a nice add on. The blackberry keyboard both physical and on screen are awesome.
    01-06-16 08:20 AM
    The form factor, I understand. That's the main reason I want one. But I have Spotify on all of my BB10 devices and it works absolutely fine.
    I found that it worked ok on my Passport.
    Compared to the real Android app though, it's slow and clunky on BlackBerry.
    It was terrible on my Classic. Consistently closing, skipping music, and freezing.
    01-06-16 08:44 AM
    What is it about the priv that makes you enjoy it so much. Is anyone thinking about switching back their old blackberry?

I must say I love the keyboard, it isn't by far my q10 nor passport but I love the forum factor and usability of it as well.
    Not constantly rebooting or doing a battery pull! App integration and the smoothness of the software. I also like the flexibility of the Priv. It's great to have the BlackBerry productivity that I love as well as the power of this phone. It's way faster than any previous android I had. Very happy and I have grown to love the OK Google function. I'm looking forward to future updates.

Posted from my Priv
    01-06-16 12:04 PM
    The Priv is sleek!! And I'm loving it more as I get a hang of Android platform. I'm also surprised that I am actually enjoying the easy access to abundant apps. Nevertheless, I'm still rocking the SE Passport too.
    01-06-16 02:10 PM
    Love everything about it to be honest.

01-06-16 02:46 PM
    The fact that is a slider and I can have both keyboards!
    01-06-16 03:11 PM
    After playing with one, nothing really. If they released BB10 version, maybe because I can use the apps in full screen and with more screen space and better keyboard, otherwise I sure hope my Passport doesn't die soon. I better buy another passport as back up...
    01-07-16 01:38 PM
    That I can get BlackBerry phone dialing aware email on a mainstream os phone. I don't understand why I seem to be the only person who values this. One the main things I do with my phone when I'm travelling on business (which is often) is dial into conference calls. I tried many "cc dialer" apps and none were as easy or as seamless as what BlackBerry does - pull up the appt/email, hit the "dial" button, join the call. Just like my bold ~6 years ago. Apple is close. Windows stinks, and Android has fiddly apps that try to do too much or can't do enough.

Yes, bb10 can do this, but my work will not allow it.

01-07-16 02:01 PM
    I was finding that the majority of apps I was using on the Passport were Android. And they naturally run much better on an actual Android device. For example, my FitBit would take upwards of 90 seconds to sync to my Passport. On the Priv it's more like 10 seconds. Other Android apps just load and run way faster and smoother. The curved screen and form factor are also nice, as is the improved camera.

There are some things I miss - the Android Hub is not as good as the BB10 one, the Passport keyboard, and surprisingly some of the BlackBerry apps (Travel, music player, photo gallery). Obviously there are Android alternatives to the BB apps but sometimes there are so many choices and not enough time to play with each one to find what I like.
    01-07-16 03:40 PM
27 12