Hi guys,

I am not sure if somebody else has asked the same question but recently I have bought a BB Priv.

I was wondering which are the best smart watches or fitness tracker available in the market which are 100 % compatible with BB Priv.

Thanks,
    Rahil Javaid.
    07-18-16 10:40 PM
    Samsung Gear S2 watch works great with the Priv and comes with the S Health fitness program.
    07-18-16 10:47 PM
    I thought Samsung watches will be fully compatible with Samsung fone only.
    07-18-16 11:12 PM
    I personally love the Microsoft Band 2. Very cheap on amazon right now
    07-18-16 11:15 PM
    Samsung Gear S2 watch works great with the Priv and comes with the S Health fitness program.
    I've tried all front-end and backend solutions and I couldn't get the SG2 to pair and work with the features for the life of me!? Please respond and pics would be great,thanks!

Also to add! Pebble is soon to launch their upcoming Pebble 2. Longer battery life and a heart rate monitor built in! I was one of the people that contributed to their Kickstart campaign. So I recommend Pebble!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-07-16 at 12:58 PM.
    07-19-16 12:32 AM
    Microsoft band 2 fully integrated with priv ?
    07-19-16 12:39 AM
    Thanks cellphonejunkey for your experience.

This is why I have opened the thread to understand if which are the good option for fitness tracker or smart watches to go along with priv.

I don't want to regert my purchase later so would appreciate honest reviews.
    07-19-16 12:41 AM
    Microsoft band 2 fully integrated with priv ?
    Yeah everything. Cortana, texts etc
    07-19-16 12:48 AM
    Yeah everything. Cortana, texts etc
    what about the battery time, I think Microsoft health app is having battery draining issues.
    07-19-16 03:14 AM
    Pebble, very good and long batery life
    I use it also during my running with MeeRun app
    07-19-16 03:49 AM
    what about the battery time, I think Microsoft health app is having battery draining issues.
    Doesn't affect priv, at least not mine..

It's mostly for the phone, not the tracker. I get about 18 hours use. But that's with 90 minutes of exercise (boxing) and 60 of running (with gps) a day, plus emails from five senders (ten emails a day max) and 100-150 whatsapps/texts

Normal use is generally 36 hours. That said I've never had the battery die. I just charge when I shower.
    07-19-16 04:46 AM
    The Samsung Gear S2 3G is what I use and it works flawlessly with my Priv
    07-19-16 05:35 AM
    Hi guys,

I am not sure if somebody else has asked the same question but recently I have bought a BB Priv.

I was wondering which are the best smart watches or fitness tracker available in the market which are 100 % compatible with BB Priv.

Thanks,
    Rahil Javaid.
    OP are you looking for a combined solution or one more the other i.e. more watch then fitness or more fitness then watch?

I got my eye on the moto360 gen 2 right now. It can track your fitness but it's more watch looking.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    Attached Thumbnails Best option for smart watch or fitness tracker for BB Priv?-30562.jpg  
    07-19-16 06:01 AM
    I love my Priv / Fitbit HR combo. First of all, I get call notifications - in loud environments it is great. I can move well away from my Priv, even up or downstairs and still get notifications. Also, I have, ahem, quite a collection of Invicta watches - my Fitbit is small enough so that I can wear it with one of them on the same wrist. Finally, I just like my Fitbit's purple colored band: goes great with gold, silver, and black Invicta watch bands.
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 07-19-16 at 06:08 AM. Reason: More info
    07-19-16 06:01 AM
    I don't use mine for any of the health stuff, but I 2nd the pebble time. i get about 5-6 days out of a charge (and that's with using it with my golf app for about 4 hours on Saturday mornings non-stop), it works with just about any app you want it to and it has a built in health section in the app that you can set up. i know for sure it doesn't do heart rate if you're concerned about that. i also use the alarm clock feature to vibrate and help me wake up along with my regular alarm
    07-19-16 08:48 PM
    Long thread from last October..."Blackberry Priv with Samsung Gear S2"...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ar-s2-1044462/

Start with downloading the Samsung Gear app from Google Play...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hmanager&hl=en

Then turn on S2 Bluetooth in connections and pair...good luck!
    07-19-16 10:41 PM
    OP are you looking for a combined solution or one more the other i.e. more watch then fitness or more fitness then watch?

I got my eye on the moto360 gen 2 right now. It can track your fitness but it's more watch looking.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    Basically i want to track my fitness and have a watch as well in my hand so i dont need to change it often while working in office.

Moto 360 2nd Gen looks quite decent to me, did you tried it with Priv.
    07-20-16 05:42 AM
    Depends on what you want out of the watch.

I have a Fenix 3 (Garmin) and like it a *lot*. Integration works very well; I like the on-wrist notifications and such, but it's primarily a fitness/exercise tracking device which happens to have good integration, and it also looks nice as a watch. I get roughly a week out of a charge including 3-4 days with some form of vigorous and tracked exercise (running, biking, etc), which is also important to me -- watches that I have to charge nightly (or every couple of nights) are ones I won't put up with, and that excludes most smartwatches right up front.
    gallopiton likes this.
    07-20-16 07:04 AM

I have a Fenix 3 (Garmin) and like it a *lot*. Integration works very well; I like the on-wrist notifications and such, but it's primarily a fitness/exercise tracking device which happens to have good integration, and it also looks nice as a watch. I get roughly a week out of a charge including 3-4 days with some form of vigorous and tracked exercise (running, biking, etc), which is also important to me -- watches that I have to charge nightly (or every couple of nights) are ones I won't put up with, and that excludes most smartwatches right up front.
    I am curious why this is a deal breaker for you? I charge my phone every night, and there's no reason to think that's likely to change any time soon, so I'm simply in the habit of dropping my phone into it's cradle and doing the same with my watch as the last thing I do before I climb into bed.
    07-27-16 08:32 PM
    IMHO I want my watch on my wrist.

If I have to charge it more than once a week, I won't deal with it. It's a WATCH, not a PDA.

The Fenix 3 does this job nicely, even with ~3-4 workout sessions (where the GPS is active) a week. The others do not.
    07-27-16 09:00 PM
    Pebble, very good and long batery life
    I use it also during my running with MeeRun app
    I second this, pebble is way to go , simple and very productive

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-27-16 11:31 PM
    I've never had a smart watch; I guess all of mine are dumb. But I picked up a Zenwatch 2 from Best Buy on impulse and it has been great for getting and responding to select notifications. I don't do all of the fitness stuff because I'm already fit, but it does some interesting fitness tracking, with the exception of heart rate. And you can shower in it. Yay.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-27-16 11:35 PM
    I've never had a smart watch; I guess all of mine are dumb. But I picked up a Zenwatch 2 from Best Buy on impulse and it has been great for getting and responding to select notifications. I don't do all of the fitness stuff because I'm already fit, but it does some interesting fitness tracking, with the exception of heart rate. And you can shower in it. Yay.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    +1 for the Zenwatch 2.
    It is great and no other watch for that price has the same features (built in speaker and Mic too).

07-28-16 11:33 PM
    I second the Fenix 3 (HR in my case)... that watch is something else... I was looking for a fitness watch that doesn't look like one, track my workout but nice enough if I want to dress-up... also, as you say, even when I charge my phone every day or so, I just don't see the point of charging my watch every night as well, it's a watch after all... this watch has everything I was looking for and more... battery life is great (i have used it for 3 and a half days with 46% and still after all setup etc it's at 13%)... it's pricey, but if you have the money, give it a try...

08-07-16 12:25 PM
    I second the Fenix 3 (HR in my case)... that watch is something else... I was looking for a fitness watch that doesn't look like one, track my workout but nice enough if I want to dress-up... also, as you say, even when I charge my phone every day or so, I just don't see the point of charging my watch every night as well, it's a watch after all... this watch has everything I was looking for and more... battery life is great (i have used it for 3 and a half days with 46% and still after all setup etc it's at 13%)... it's pricey, but if you have the money, give it a try...

NIce but it does cost as much as the phone!

Too bad I don't wear a watch except on certain hikes/trips.
    08-07-16 12:50 PM
42 12