Looks like they are phasing them out. I called the west end edmonton location. They don't have the priv. The only one they sell is the classic under bell mobility. Nothing under telus. I was wanting to play with one and maybe upgrade the wife's phone. Thought I would give a heads up.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:10 PM
    How can they be phasing them out if they don't carry it?

Posted via CB10
    aspurrell likes this.
    11-08-15 12:22 PM
    I know I bought my passport there last year. What the sales guy said over the phone was there not bringing them in. The only one they carry right now is the classic. No leap no passport, no priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:27 PM
    How can they be phasing them out if they don't carry it?

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya man. I'm confused as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:28 PM
    I hear ya man. I'm confused as well.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, he meant how can they phase out the Priv if they don't carry them?
    You meant to say in your openingspost that they are phasing out the Blackberry brand in their shop.
    11-08-15 12:35 PM
    Yes that is correct. Little tired today.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:39 PM
    The question becomes. How can make the priv successful when a major retailer phases out a brand?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:41 PM
    The question becomes. How can make the priv successful when a major retailer phases out a brand?
    If the Priv sells well (so far it seems it is), then the retailers will come back.
    11-08-15 12:53 PM
    Best Buy have a Pre-Order image for the Priv, on their website. Well they do in Atlanta, GA. Weird...
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    11-08-15 01:03 PM
    Isn't it up to the carriers on how they wish to sell the device? They can use their own sales centres, or add other retailers. With the limited stock they have now, I don't think they will be sending any to the box stores yet.

As far as BlackBerry is concerned, they have chosen ShopBlackberry for direct sales in NA.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-08-15 01:10 PM
    11-09-15 05:59 PM
    Best Buy has been added as a retailer on BlackBerry's website.

I have no idea what OP is talking about. Priv hasn't even hit Best Buy yet.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 379792
    11-09-15 06:02 PM
    I called on the Sunday. I was told they are phasing out blackberry I live in alberta canada. I'll check the website again.

I asked if they have a demo so I could play with one. I was told they are not getting them in. They no longer carry the passport or the leap or the z30. Just the classic for bell mobility. He wasn't even sure if they had that in Stock. Maybe some call the west end location? I am not lying here.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:06 PM
    11-09-15 06:11 PM
    There's not enough inventory right now.

Posted via CB10
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    11-09-15 06:11 PM
    Ahhh gotchya. We'll wait and see. Saleskid trying to blow smoke and up my ****?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:12 PM
    Listing is up on the Best Buy US store today also, but none available to buy yet.
    11-09-15 06:13 PM
    Listing is up on the Best Buy US store today also, but none available to buy yet.
    Alright we'll wait and see.

I thought that all the stores would get them in since they setup new phones through the chosen provider you ask for.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:17 PM
    I called on the Sunday. I was told they are phasing out blackberry I live in alberta canada. I'll check the website again.

I asked if they have a demo so I could play with one. I was told they are not getting them in. They no longer carry the passport or the leap or the z30. Just the classic for bell mobility. He wasn't even sure if they had that in Stock. Maybe some call the west end location? I am not lying here.

Posted via CB10
    i live in calgary, and ever since they shut down future shop, it's been a constant struggle. myself and a few friends walked in asking about the older blackberry models. best buy employees response was that they do not have them, and will NEVER carry it, why? because blackberry is going out of business. this happened at more than 1 best buy location. i almost slapped one of their employees. one of my friend's screamed at a best buy employee when he was looking for a classic. every time i walk into best buy, the service is getting worse each and every time. they are not on commission, so they just don't care. i don't think they have the same training programs which i know there was during the future shop era.

it's already been pointed out that best buy will be carrying it. plain and simple, they lied to me already with the classic, and we tore a strip out of a couple of them a few weeks after the release of the classic, and they had them in stock. i haven't trusted a best buy employee in a long time.
    acovey and ricecube like this.
    11-09-15 06:21 PM
    Fair enough... I remember when I bought my passport. The response was... "are you sure you want the passport?" my response... "ummm yeah!!!!!"

Posted via CB10
    adjdudley21 and ricecube like this.
    11-09-15 06:26 PM
    Will there ever be a time where the phrase "because BlackBerry is going out of business" isn't used anymore? Smh.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    11-09-15 06:30 PM
    Ahhh gotchya. We'll wait and see. Saleskid trying to blow smoke and up my ****?

Posted via CB10
    That's the store where I got my Z10. I had to show the salesgirl how to activate it. LOL.

Just go to West Ed. There's a phone kiosk every twenty feet. Someone will have one.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:35 PM
    I never understood why people care so much about what sales reps at carriers or Best Buy have to say. Do you know that most of them are kids from college with various degree unrelated to technology or from other retailers not linked to technology ? Do you know that most of the people on this forum have more knowledge than them?

I never trust what they say. Actually I never care what they say.
    11-09-15 06:36 PM
    That's the store where I got my Z10. I had to show the salesgirl how to activate it. LOL.

Just go to West Ed. There's a phone kiosk every twenty feet. Someone will have one.

Posted via CB10
    Haa haa. That's funny.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:36 PM
    Best Buy probably won't bring in anything they can't be certain will sell right away. A close friend is a dept. mgr. at BB and is very frustrated at the way the company's run. They walk away from potentially profitable product lines, hire people that can't perform and leave the training to the floor managers. Best Buy's sales figures are not good in Canada or the US.
    Meanwhile the other BB, BlackBerry, has $3 billion in cash banked. Who's going to go out of business first?
    Last edited by Carbonman1; 11-10-15 at 12:10 AM.
    11-09-15 07:15 PM
43 12