During these month I tested a lot of browsers and at least I tried Pyrope Browser, designed for Snapdragon Qualcomm. Really really amazing with an improvement fo 10-40% than other browser tested. Try it a let me know your thinking about it.
    11-02-16 06:11 AM
    Depends on what you're looking for. Pyrope doesn't have reader mode or text reflow, as far as I can tell. For me, these are essential.

At the moment, I'm very pleased with Yandex browser, after reading a recommendation for it here on CB. I realize some may not be willing to use it because of its Russian origin. Can't have everything.
    tonycara57 and Jake2826 like this.
    11-02-16 06:30 AM
    Yandex rocks.
    11-02-16 06:38 AM
    It also doesn't have the option to always open desktop sites... Opera is still the browser for me.
    11-02-16 07:21 AM
    It opens desktop sites, flag the function.
    11-02-16 07:24 AM
    reader mode or text reflow
    Are you talking about a reader mode that makes the screen dark and reformats to make reading text easier? Like the BB10 browser? If so, I might need to check that out. I really miss that function!
    11-02-16 09:41 AM
    Are you talking about a reader mode that makes the screen dark and reformats to make reading text easier? Like the BB10 browser? If so, I might need to check that out. I really miss that function!
    Firefox has it, just tap the book icon at the right end of the address bar.
    bigedschukar and FF22 like this.
    11-02-16 09:46 AM
    Yandex rocks.
    I had Yandex for a while, super fast browser that I liked a lot, but DTEK showed a ridiculous amount of location requests. I'm on VZW w/ LL so can't exclude individual permissions, so I went back to Habit browser classic. Not the speediest but does everything I ask it to. Deleted Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn apps for similar permission issues, now I just use shortcuts to Habit browser instead. Does the job for me. YMMV.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-02-16 10:27 AM
    I had Yandex for a while, super fast browser that I liked a lot, but DTEK showed a ridiculous amount of location requests. I'm on VZW w/ LL so can't exclude individual permissions, so I went back to Habit browser classic. Not the speediest but does everything I ask it to. Deleted Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn apps for similar permission issues, now I just use shortcuts to Habit browser instead. Does the job for me. YMMV.
    I believe the location requests were a mistake. The newer versions don't have that problem.
    11-02-16 10:34 AM
    It reformats and strips out extraneous stuff, yes. It doesn't go to dark mode.

Firefox has it, just tap the book icon at the right end of the address bar.
    Correct, but I've found Firefox (beta or regular) on Android to be pretty slow loading pages. Yandex is definitely faster. In addition to reader mode, it has an option to zoom and reflow text with a double tap. Also, Yandex is one of the few Android browsers to put the address box at the bottom of the screen instead of the top, a welcome touch for BB10 users.

I believe the location requests were a mistake. The newer versions don't have that problem.
    Yes, this was corrected with an update. For me, Yandex hits the right balance of speed and features. The built-in CM Gello browser on my OnePlus One is pretty fast, but has neither reader mode nor text reflow, so it forces me to do a lot of finger-scrolling to read many web sites. I'm just not willing to regress to that. Even the later versions of the BBOS browser had text reflow (I think; or was I using BBOS Opera...).
    11-02-16 11:41 AM
    Yandex: Can you set/define your own Home Page? I don't see it in Settings or elsewhere but might have missed it.
    11-02-16 12:45 PM
    Yandex: Can you set/define your own Home Page? I don't see it in Settings or elsewhere but might have missed it.
    Could not see it. But you can add it to the Tableu which is one click more.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-02-16 01:05 PM

Correct, but I've found Firefox (beta or regular) on Android to be pretty slow loading pages. Yandex is definitely faster. In addition to reader mode, it has an option to zoom and reflow text with a double tap. Also, Yandex is one of the few Android browsers to put the address box at the bottom of the screen instead of the top, a welcome touch for BB10 users.

Yes, this was corrected with an update. For me, Yandex hits the right balance of speed and features. The built-in CM Gello browser on my OnePlus One is pretty fast, but has neither reader mode nor text reflow, so it forces me to do a lot of finger-scrolling to read many web sites. I'm just not willing to regress to that. Even the later versions of the BBOS browser had text reflow (I think; or was I using BBOS Opera...).
    What is text reflow?
    11-02-16 01:05 PM
    What is text reflow?
    When you zoom in, the text automatically fits the page instead of making you scroll left and right to read it.
    11-02-16 02:07 PM
    Also, Yandex is one of the few Android browsers to put the address box at the bottom of the screen instead of the top, a welcome touch for BB10 users.
    This may be coming to chrome soon.The best browser, finally.-31578.jpg
    11-02-16 02:16 PM
    Could not see it. But you can add it to the Tableu which is one click more.
    Can you remove items/links from the Tableau?
    11-02-16 02:21 PM
    Be careful when choosing a browser.
    Browsers need frequent security updates.
    A lot of the Android browser do not get updated enough to be secure.
    For example, the Ghostery browser which is based off of Chromium and claims to "Increase your browsing privacy, protection, and speed" hasn't been updated since August. Chrome a has received numerous security updates since then.

This isn't even the worst example. Many browsers haven't been updated in years.
    PantherBlitz and FF22 like this.
    11-02-16 02:29 PM
    I think you can customize it however you want.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-02-16 02:30 PM
    Another neat feature of the Yandex Browser is it supports Opera Extensions (which is kind of funny because Opera for phones doesn't). My favourite is I Don't Care About Cookies, which hides most of the useless cookie warnings.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-02-16 02:37 PM
    Yes of course.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-02-16 02:49 PM
    Done some test Pyrope Browser VS Yandex: there is not battle:Pyrope snappier than Yandex and no battery drain. Anyway it's not complete like Yandex. Pyrope is a young browser but for quick inquiry on the web is fantastic. Many tnx at all
    FF22 likes this.
    11-02-16 05:01 PM

I just tried installing the latest Play version of Yandex on my phone and it still did the location grabbing. I'm guessing it's because I'm still on LL. Deleted it, but will try again after VZW pushes the MM update to us....
    11-02-16 06:32 PM
    Polarity, IMO, is the best lightweight Android browser out there.
    11-03-16 11:15 AM
    I tried Polarity which is nice & scales but if I pinch to enlarge, doesn't scale to fit, in other apps doesn't show in browser choice list??... tried Yandex which doesn't scale AFAIK, (no font size in settings) so reader renders too small for me� I had an old windows mobile Fone that had explorer browser that scaled & reflowed with aplomb... too bad these don't... I love the url bar beneath on yandex
    11-03-16 04:46 PM
    Pyrope scrolls too fast by priv pkb
    11-03-16 05:04 PM
33 12