I love this case, I have it in brown lychi (pebble):

Amazon.com: 2016 SIKAI� Blackberry PRIV Leather Smart Flip Case for Blackberry Priv Case Genuine Leather Power saving With 9H glass screen protector Blackberry Priv screen protector(Red Pattern + Glass Protector): Cell Phones & Accessories

I tried the Blackberry version, but this one is by far superior. The magnets hold the case closed even if you hold it face-down, and the magnets hold the panel back when typing. The quality feels good. I tried it in red, and it smelled like chemical dye (it is real leather, so I assume it was treated with chemicals for dyeing the red color), I also looked at the smooth version, but the pebble/lychi feels better in texture.

Every now and then the magnets trigger the phone into the black-screen/window mode, but I just put my finger behind it while typing to solve it, and it doesn't happen all the time.
    Still trying to decide. I've attached images. It seems that there is "magnetic cover" magnets as well as the sleep magnets. Can't quite figure out what the "magnetic cover" latch on to.

Best BlackBerry Priv Cases!-41p742v9wsl.jpg
    Best BlackBerry Priv Cases!-51nvwurnlsl.jpg
    Best BlackBerry Priv Cases!-51bwkwkrarl.jpg
    04-15-16 04:23 PM
    Interesting. The highlighted parts of the image must be the magnets?
    04-18-16 10:12 AM
    I was hoping the user who posted about this case would answer the questions.

I really would describe the official case's flap as too sloppy. It slides left/right and therefore, the underlying window info gets skewed somewhat. Plus it opens as it provides a leverage point.
    Attached Thumbnails Best BlackBerry Priv Cases!-img_20160416_141845.jpg  
    Last edited by F2; 04-18-16 at 12:32 PM.
    04-18-16 12:21 PM
    I bought the incipio clear case for my priv and it arrived this evening. I like it but I'm concerned about there being no protection for the screen if it gets dropped screen side down.

Has anyone found any good rugged case options that include protection for the screen? I have a two year old and am worried about him accidentally getting hold of it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-18-16 09:18 PM
    @russnash - you have a link to the Incipio case?

I actually haven't found much in the way of rugged protection, would love to see some suggestions here!
    04-19-16 09:56 AM
    I really would describe the official case's flap as too sloppy. It slides left/right and therefore, the underlying window info gets skewed somewhat. Plus it opens as it provides a leverage point.
    Texasman15 would say you're a "winnie"!!!!
    But I know where you're coming from, I send back 3 (!) flip cases.
    Check it out here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-seen-1056359/
    For those who wondered, I purchased a fourth (!) time with yet another vendor, which luckily turned out to be a good one, BUT after 2 weeks or so it's now collecting dust.
    a) Like many threads here proof, where people show the broken glass of their device after a fall, flip cases (or better said, BB's flip case) will not help you protect the device during a fall.
    Check here for instance: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rince-1070120/
    There is a big chance (I'd say basically 50%) that the case will flip open and will still land on its face, breaking the glass to pieces. And you'll also basically have a 50% chance that your device will fall on the back. Whether you'll have a case or not, the device will probably handle the fall just fine (so will the glass of the cam, since it is protected with this elevated metal ring). Conclusion: might as well go caseless.
    b) In the end I found the flip case style too girly for my liking. It felt like I was using some kind of coin purse or mini hand bag. I don't know why, but where I live I never see any guy using flip cases.
    Over the long haul I found the flip case not to be comfortable when you quickly want to get things done. It kinda looks weird too when you're shooting video and to take photos is also hard (selfies with back cam, which I do a lot, pretty much impossible with a flip case).

I'm actually thinking of trying the new BB hard shell case with kick stand.
    But I couldn't find any "enabling" pics/video's of it being used in practice to get me exited about it.
    Many folks talk about how the first hard shell (the second is probably the same size?) is "huge", but is it really THAT bad?

But what also keeps me away from purchasing one is the price.
    1. It's practically NOWHERE to be found here in Europe in either physical stores or E-shops.
    2. And the 2 vendors I found who do sell it online ask a whopping: EUR: 40,00 ($45,00).
    I think that is just too much for a piece of plastic.
    FF22 and r3dhrwithacrl like this.
    04-19-16 12:12 PM
    @russnash - you have a link to the Incipio case?

I actually haven't found much in the way of rugged protection, would love to see some suggestions here!
    This is the one:

https://www.incipio.com/cases/smartp...erry-priv.html

04-19-16 02:15 PM
    Yes, and I just did some testing. There is something in those two areas under the screen which attracts a magnet(s). Strongest pull/attraction on the official BB case is near the lower right hand corner of the window - that's what triggers the Sleep Function.
    04-19-16 03:28 PM
    Yes, and I just did some testing. There is something in those two areas under the screen which attracts a magnet(s). Strongest pull/attraction on the official BB case is near the lower right hand corner of the window - that's what triggers the Sleep Function.
    so which do u recommend? which is better? the BB one or?
    04-19-16 07:49 PM
    so which do u recommend? which is better? the BB one or?
    Sorry, I only have the official BB flip case. I was hoping one of those others posters would give a few more details. I would prefer a case with a closure mechanism. Or if know if those magnets actually hold the flap closed.

But I have ordered the one I posted with the circled magnets but it comes from China so might be a while in transit.
    04-19-16 09:59 PM
    Seidio SURFACE

WT44 and Nephthys like this.
    04-20-16 05:45 AM
    Does anyone know if the BB Hardshell KICKSTAND case causes damage to the phone over time? I got one for free and have been using on days where I need a little extra protection (and it gets rid of most of the clicking too), but do not want to cause damage to the phone as people reported from the original version of this case.
    04-20-16 07:01 AM
    I love this case, I have it in brown lychi (pebble):

Amazon.com: 2016 SIKAI� Blackberry PRIV Leather Smart Flip Case for Blackberry Priv Case Genuine Leather Power saving With 9H glass screen protector Blackberry Priv screen protector(Red Pattern + Glass Protector): Cell Phones & Accessories

I tried the Blackberry version, but this one is by far superior. The magnets hold the case closed even if you hold it face-down, and the magnets hold the panel back when typing. The quality feels good. I tried it in red, and it smelled like chemical dye (it is real leather, so I assume it was treated with chemicals for dyeing the red color), I also looked at the smooth version, but the pebble/lychi feels better in texture.

Every now and then the magnets trigger the phone into the black-screen/window mode, but I just put my finger behind it while typing to solve it, and it doesn't happen all the time.
    Did you end up using the tempered glass screen protector? You wouldn't need it with the case I assume. Just wondering because I have been looking at some cases that only protect the back and was looking at the tempered glass protectors as opposed to the usual plastic film ones you can get. Nice case by the way ... I've added that one to my wishlist.

04-20-16 08:45 AM
    Does anyone know if the BB Hardshell KICKSTAND case causes damage to the phone over time? I got one for free and have been using on days where I need a little extra protection (and it gets rid of most of the clicking too), but do not want to cause damage to the phone as people reported from the original version of this case.
    What are your feelings in regards to the extra "bulkiness" everybody is talking about? Is it really that unbearable when holding the device? What about the pocketability? Some also mention that the hard shell makes the device very slippery all of a sudden compared to when you go case-less. Can you post some pics/vid to see how this think works in practice? Thanks.

BTW, in regards to BB's hard shell, the Seidio surface (BIG! obtrusive branding!) and the Incipio, is the case part of the front that protects the slide elevated enough that it protects the glass from breaking when it would fall flat-faced on concrete (when you aren't that unlucky that it would fall on a small pebble or stone)? Does anybody also have a kitchen scale so that they can measure the extra weight for these cases? The priv is already on the heavy side with 192 grams. Thanks.
    04-20-16 09:57 AM
    @roba5263 - I've had the hardshell kickstand for other phones, and have never had an issue with damage.
    04-20-16 01:49 PM
    I just have a clear back Imak case I got off amazon . It has been doing the job just fine .
    04-20-16 09:51 PM
    What are your feelings in regards to the extra "bulkiness" everybody is talking about? Is it really that unbearable when holding the device? What about the pocketability? Some also mention that the hard shell makes the device very slippery all of a sudden compared to when you go case-less. Can you post some pics/vid to see how this think works in practice? Thanks.

BTW, in regards to BB's hard shell, the Seidio surface (BIG! obtrusive branding!) and the Incipio, is the case part of the front that protects the slide elevated enough that it protects the glass from breaking when it would fall flat-faced on concrete (when you aren't that unlucky that it would fall on a small pebble or stone)? Does anybody also have a kitchen scale so that they can measure the extra weight for these cases? The priv is already on the heavy side with 192 grams. Thanks.
    It's absolutely bulkier, but the bulk provides a sense of protection. I am used to holding the passport so it's not bad. It does become more of a two handed device with the case on though. The front is protected as well, but I would still see the screen cracking if it fell directly on concrete.

The material is much more slippery than the naked phone, but I haven't ever felt like it was going to fall out of my hand. The mass with the case on is 226.5g using a triple beam balance (advantages of being a science teacher).

Z10 -> Passport -> PRIV
    WT44 likes this.
    04-21-16 08:44 AM
    Sorry, I only have the official BB flip case. I was hoping one of those others posters would give a few more details. I would prefer a case with a closure mechanism. Or if know if those magnets actually hold the flap closed.

But I have ordered the one I posted with the circled magnets but it comes from China so might be a while in transit.
    doesn't the official one has the magnets too?
    the lower right side of the screen does have a bit of lift, would a hard shell case fix that?
    04-21-16 10:41 AM
    Right now I'm using the OEM Blackberry PRIV Leather Swivel Holster... seems to work ok...
    04-21-16 10:58 AM
    doesn't the official one has the magnets too?
    the lower right side of the screen does have a bit of lift, would a hard shell case fix that?
    The official one has the "sleep/standby" magnet. When you close the case, the Priv goes into Standby mode and the display shows the stuff that fits in the window for a while then goes dark. When you open the case, the Priv wakes.

The 3rd party one seems to have some magnets that may keep the lid closed by magnetic attraction to something underlying the screen in those two areas. I tested with a magnet over the surface of the Priv and there's something a magnet is attracted to where those circles are on the photos.
    04-21-16 12:37 PM
    Hi guys,

I just got he Priv today and I am absolutely loving it (maybe it's because my last phone was 5 years old). For example, you can use the physical keyboard to scroll. Are you serious, that's super awesome!

I need to make a decision about a flip case today so I can start using the phone on a regular basis. Right now I have it in a bubble wrap bag to protect it as I'm using it. I got a screen protector and I'm deciding between either the BB official case or the Sikai case.

I like the magnet that's already on the Sikai, but it seems the case is higher quality. If I get the BB case I'll probably get a magnetic clip like this to keep it shut. Thoughts?
    Amazon.com: Magnetic Clip, Spigen� Magnetic Holder for Samsung Cover for Samsung Galaxy S6/Note 4/S5/Note 3 [Cover is not included] [Not Competible with Any Galaxy Edge Series] - Magnetic Clip (SGP10688): Cell Phones & Accessories
    04-22-16 07:07 AM
    Hi guys,

I just got he Priv today and I am absolutely loving it (maybe it's because my last phone was 5 years old). For example, you can use the physical keyboard to scroll. Are you serious, that's super awesome!

I need to make a decision about a flip case today so I can start using the phone on a regular basis. Right now I have it in a bubble wrap bag to protect it as I'm using it. I got a screen protector and I'm deciding between either the BB official case or the Sikai case.

I like the magnet that's already on the Sikai, but it seems the case is higher quality. If I get the BB case I'll probably get a magnetic clip like this to keep it shut. Thoughts?
    Amazon.com: Magnetic Clip, Spigen� Magnetic Holder for Samsung Cover for Samsung Galaxy S6/Note 4/S5/Note 3 [Cover is not included] [Not Competible with Any Galaxy Edge Series] - Magnetic Clip (SGP10688): Cell Phones & Accessories
    I like that add-on concept but I'm not sure it would work on the Priv. It appears one piece probably magnetically latches on to a metal part of the phone with the second part slipping onto the flip lid. I don't know if the first part would find something to latch to on the priv's side. Also, the lid part might be a point of contact/leverage against the curving screen. Wrong pressure might be exerted against the screen.

Best BlackBerry Priv Cases!-mag-clip.jpg

The Sikai MIGHT stay closed but no one with one has answered back. I guess I could leave a private message.

Oh, and WELCOME to Crackberry and enjoy your Priv. Yes, I carried mine in a similar protective bubble when I first got it and added a screen protector as soon as I could.
    04-22-16 03:39 PM
    I think I will get it a shot. See this forum post.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...closed-993414/
    The Priv has a small but usable flat edge I can stick the adhesive to. Besides, I'll be sticking the adhesive to the case, not the phone.
    04-22-16 04:48 PM
    I think I will get it a shot. See this forum post.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...closed-993414/
    The Priv has a small but usable flat edge I can stick the adhesive to. Besides, I'll be sticking the adhesive to the case, not the phone.
    Please report back. That could solve a few problems. Of course, just including a velcro flap or magnetic flap would be so easy to have included.
    04-22-16 07:23 PM
    Quick question where could I get a clear case?

Living in toronto
    Last edited by LTunezz; 04-23-16 at 09:55 AM.
    04-23-16 09:32 AM
380 1234 ...