Hello,

my Priv is going to get exchanged for a new one, since my old get mechanical problems.

Now there is one important thing, that I need to know: How can I make the best backup, that is possible?
    For example I want to backup not only contacts and sms, but also apps and their settings (for example textpand oder NovaLauncher with its settings that I made). Anny good suggestions please .
    01-22-18 03:55 PM
    I use SuperBackup. The issue you will run into though regarding apps and their data, is that it requires your device to be rooted in order to restore, which is not possible on the Priv.
    01-22-18 04:18 PM
    Well, SuperBackup seems only for contacts, sms and stuff like that. What about Apps?
    01-22-18 04:31 PM
    If the apps were downloaded from Google Play, they will automatically restore once you log into your Google Play account from the new device. A good portion of the settings will also be backed up, but exactly what and how much is hard to say.
    -- Automatic is prob the wrong word, you will have to tell Google to do so, but it's not hard to figure out.
    I also use Super Backup, it claims to be backing up my app settings, but I've never tried to retsore from it. Note that Google does not back up SMS, or call logs, if you want to keep them, use Super. And make sure to back up to the SD card, and that the SD is NOT internal or adopted.
    01-22-18 07:39 PM
    Well, SuperBackup seems only for contacts, sms and stuff like that. What about Apps?
    Yes, I have the paid version. However, you won't be able to restore apps data on the Priv, because to do so you need to root the phone, which cannot be done. That holds true with any backup app on Play Store.
    01-22-18 10:01 PM
    Helium Backup should be able to backup and restore apps without root:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.backup&hl=de

Just needs developermode to be enabled and some initialization via desktop connection. The latter is required after each boot unfortunately.
    01-25-18 12:15 AM
    well helium backup doesnt work for the priv and after a while i found another thread that just says the same. Superbackup seems to have a few things. Well, i would also pay for a working thing that at least restores the settings and profiles of apps like the app tasker or the settings in quickpic
    01-27-18 12:43 PM
    Some apps do have their settings saved by Google Play, other apps have some settings saved, many have no settings saved. Google doesn't bother to tell us which ones do and don't. It's mainly a choice by the app developer, Since coding for backing up settings takes a lot more time and effort, you can guess where that goes.
    Personally, as long as my data is backed up, I'm happy. I don't change or destroy phones often enough to worry about settings. I just go through and put the settings where I want them, sometimes find settings that I didn't even know were there, (they may not have been at the time). But thats just me.
    01-27-18 07:37 PM
    Okay, seems that my backup pro didnt save the wifi settings and passwords. Anyone an idea with which app i can restore that all from my old to the new priv?
    01-28-18 06:47 AM
    Okay, seems that my backup pro didnt save the wifi settings and passwords. Anyone an idea with which app i can restore that all from my old to the new priv?
    You want it to remember and restore your wi-fi settings? Dude, you need to buy a BlackBerry, ................. oh, .......never mind.
    01-28-18 07:25 PM
    You want it to remember and restore your wi-fi settings? Dude, you need to buy a BlackBerry, ................. oh, .......never mind.
    What does that mean
    01-29-18 02:21 AM
    What does that mean
    01-29-18 02:54 AM
    Humor, it means BB Android ducks for backup. Actually all Android, not just BB, though Nexus and Pixel gets a bit more comprehensive back up from Google.
    01-29-18 07:46 AM
    It's interesting how apps work on a BlackBerry Android. I have always found that on a BlackBerry device (I have owned a PRIV and two KEYones), some settings and data do not get backed up to Google even when you have your device set to back up data to your account. However the same thing does not happen with those same apps on certain non-BlackBerry devices.

Case in point - the BlackBerry launcher. I always found it incredibly annoying how when I reset my BlackBerry Android device I had to redo all my home screen setups again, restore app shortcuts and folders, etc. However, on my Essential (which is vanilla Android, so probably very similar to a Pixel) all of the BlackBerry launcher setup is restored perfectly from my Google account. In fact I the only thing I have to manually restore now (I have a full Hub subscription) is my Hub accounts and settings (which by the way no backup program can even 'see' let alone backup data for, so don't bother for any of the BlackBerry apps).
    01-29-18 08:01 AM
    Oh, sorry, didn't get the jokey, maybe because i am not brit/us .
    Well, it is sad, that the outstanding BB has a lack in its backup usage. My girlfriend uses a iphone and there you can easily make a backup on your computer and have the exact same on a new iphone with all its settings, apps and more. However since noone does a slider-PKB Smartphone anymore, there is no way around BlackBerry Priv. It is the best phone I ever owned so I just purchased a newer one. Well, I had to return the new, because the louder-button was a bit hard to press and you had no "feeling" that u pressed it. So I need to wait for another.
    Wezard likes this.
    01-29-18 10:30 AM
    It would be awesome if BB can develop an app that will do that. Free for BB users and the rest of Android users can pay
    01-29-18 11:09 AM
    It would be awesome if BB can develop an app that will do that. Free for BB users and the rest of Android users can pay
    Yea, apply. Hail BB!
    01-29-18 12:56 PM
    Of course. Free. That's real encouragement. Do this and I don't want to pay for it.
    01-29-18 01:19 PM
    Hello,

my Priv is going to get exchanged for a new one, since my old get mechanical problems.

Now there is one important thing, that I need to know: How can I make the best backup, that is possible?
    For example I want to backup not only contacts and sms, but also apps and their settings (for example textpand oder NovaLauncher with its settings that I made). Anny good suggestions please .
    Plug phone into a windows computer. Drag the files to the desk top. Then drag them back.
    01-29-18 01:23 PM
    Plug phone into a windows computer. Drag the files to the desk top. Then drag them back.
    Does only work for basic files like media, pictures
    01-29-18 04:17 PM
    What about dr.fone -switch? Has anybody used that? It seems like it would be the way to go.
    https://drfone.wondershare.com/phone-switch.html

I'm not sure what the difference is between the free trial and the pay version. Pay version is $30.
    02-23-18 10:06 AM
    yeah would like to know one that actually works. I've been trying for months to transfer my "saved data" of Bejeweled from my PRIV (level 67) to my KEYone since I got it. Couple other games would be nice but that one in particular. Google Play achievements is fine since that's linked to the Google account, the actual save profile is not. No obb file comes up.

Helium seems to work for most apps but not all.
    03-02-18 01:47 PM