Can anyone suggest me best android app where I can monitor the Android system usage ? I am looking more like CPU usage, RAM usage, terminate the apps that are not required etc.

My phone memory is always on 2.5 GB usage. Is this normal in Priv ?

Thanks
    09-21-16 09:47 PM
    Don't play with that. Android takes care of memory in the most optimal way possible.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG191 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    09-21-16 10:04 PM
    I agree with conite. Unless you know exactly what you're doing, you would probably do more damage than good. And if you knew exactly what you're doing, you wouldn't ask that question.

And yes, it's normal. Android is designed to always have as much RAM in use as possible (as all modern operating systems are).

But, better than to let you download some stupid RAM cleaners, killers etc., I use System Panel Lite and Cool Tool for the occassional monitoring if I notice something weird happening so you can try those.
    Again, don't go on a killing frenzy to free RAM. Free RAM is wasted RAM and Android's memory management takes care of everything so generally you don't need to worry one second about closing apps.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-22-16 12:50 AM
    Thank you for your suggestions! I won't kill any system processes, just wanted to see how much resources the apps are using and if required kill the apps that are installed by me.

But anyways as you mentioned Android will do memory management. I was not much aware of this, as this is my first Android phone. I know only about Blackberrys

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-16 09:34 AM
    I use Tinycore to monitor CPU activities, CPU temperature and battery temperature. It can also monitor ram usage. The beauty of this app is that it is light weight, not a battery hog and the monitor is unintrusive. I have my set up as a tiny bar on the top of the status bar. And it is on all time. You can also set it up to stay on even the status bar goes off.
    09-22-16 10:40 AM
    I use OS Monitor. It will show CPU Ram temperature in the notification panel.

Another feature I like is it will show you IP addresses of where your all connected to with apps and emails etc

09-22-16 04:19 PM
    Settings > memory > memory used by apps

09-22-16 09:52 PM
    Settings > memory > memory used by apps

That doesn't show you what's actually going on. Just averages

I know people say you shouldn't use apps like Greenify. But in my testings I just deleted greenify and opened all my apps again out of force quit..

So far this charge my battery has decreased quicker and several apps I haven't even used today are showing they drained battery. Where when I had them forced closed they would never appear

Sure when you start force closing things to free ram it doesn't work because it just replaces with other apps so Ram is always the same.. But some apps just abuse that right and I would rather decide what should be able to drain my battery

09-23-16 10:45 AM