Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry Priv

BES 12.4.1 - PRIV on MM .. Activation Error 3006?

Asked: May 04 2016 | 5:44 am EDT 15573 Views 13 Answers View Best Answer

Hello!

After upgrading to MM I�m no longer able to activate my PRIV with a BES12.4.1 ... I always get an errorcode 3006
Has anyone managed to activate his MM PRIV with the BES12 client?

Best Answer

May 04 2016 | 6:16 am EDT dpeters11

I believe there is a setting in the BES policy to restrict OS version, though not sure the error you would get (would think it would be more of a readable message than "3006" though.

More Answers

May 04 2016 | 5:58 am EDT sammysang86

It's true iam experencing the same Error 3006 when trying to activate priv under android for work aka AFW

Posted via CB10

May 05 2016 | 2:13 pm EDT neilpaolo

We have a pending ticket from Blackberry in regards to this same exact issue. They were saying they've escalated this issue to their DEV team and is treated as 'Priority'. One week later....still no concrete answer/solution from Blackberry. = ( Very disappointing...

May 17 2016 | 3:46 am EDT skiskipowski

I believe there is a setting in the BES policy to restrict OS version, though not sure the error you would get (would think it would be more of a readable message than "3006" though.
I tried every possible combination of OS and device but I still got the 3006. I really think the BES12 Client is the cause of failure :-(

May 19 2016 | 1:29 pm EDT DQ72

I was activated as SWS, now attempting AFW and getting the dreaded 3006 error and activation, and it won't complete.

May 20 2016 | 8:27 am EDT JM_forfun

I understand that users having this issue should contact BlackBerry support at one of the numbers found on this site Contact BlackBerry - Canada..

Hey neilpaolo.. suggest you follow up with your ticket as BB Support should now be able to help you with this situation..good luck.

May 25 2016 | 9:17 am EDT bstent

I have had this error. The only way I was able to actually get my Priv to activate on AFW using a work / personal - user privacy license, was to do a secure wipe of my phone and then activate AFW with the BES12 client. This isn't an ideal solution when you have to deploy this license to many users. I noticed that even after activating AFW not all of the assigned software was pushed to my phone... I'm using BES12.3 Server.

May 26 2016 | 4:10 pm EDT DQ72

One suggestion regarding assigned SW not pushing is to open the BES console, select 'apps' and 'update apps'. The refresh looking icon in the top. If any of the apps have been updated in Google Play, you have to re-accept the app permissions before they deploy to devices. Just found that out from support today.

May 26 2016 | 4:46 pm EDT PD in T-DOT

I have had this error. The only way I was able to actually get my Priv to activate on AFW using a work / personal - user privacy license, was to do a secure wipe of my phone and then activate AFW with the BES12 client. This isn't an ideal solution when you have to deploy this license to many users. I noticed that even after activating AFW not all of the assigned software was pushed to my phone... I'm using BES12.3 Server.
Tell your IT to hit apps in the BES console, hit refresh button, then accept updated app permissions. All the apps will flow. Had this issue yesterday and solved.

Also had to wipe the phone BTW to get past the dreaded 3009 error.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

May 26 2016 | 4:48 pm EDT PD in T-DOT

One suggestion regarding assigned SW not pushing is to open the BES console, select 'apps' and 'update apps'. The refresh looking icon in the top. If any of the apps have been updated in Google Play, you have to re-accept the app permissions before they deploy to devices. Just found that out from support today.
Just saw your post.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

May 27 2016 | 2:56 am EDT skiskipowski

I had several wipes, updates andf autoloaders in the last weeks, but still have the 3006 error :-(

May 27 2016 | 9:48 am EDT JM_forfun

Call the BB support line. They should be able to help with this issue.

Jun 01 2016 | 4:59 pm EDT WildCard2016

If you still looking for a solution for this issue contact BB Support via myaccount and ask the Tier Support if they can confirm if your server has a problem with the RSA crtificates. There is a known issue thats not tracked yet in the KB.

If thats so BB will ask you to perform a select query request against your BES DB to extract the rsa_root.cer that need to be checked by support.

They will send you an update query for your SQL DB to Update the RSA keys. Before you execute make a backup of the DB then perform the update. Then you need to re-register the keystore to BES12 (a batch file will be provided) and then you can restart the core service and you will be able to activate all 6.0.1 Devices like a charm.

cheers WildCard