Yeah it's really so annoying to hear an update solves all these problems and AT&T isnt pushing it out faster or more broadly..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-01-16 03:17 PM
    Have their been changes since the PRIV debut? New chipset revisions or device firmware outside of the OS?
    I had "too many" Twitter clients all with background updating. Trouble is no one app does it all for me.

Side note: I constantly had to close apps on iOS 9, never felt like 2GB was enough even with 6S+. Battery, it barely sipped juice. My S6 Galaxy though was the reason I jumped ship due to declining battery life and watching % drop 10-20% per hour.

My preference is buy six months after OS is running on a device (Apple history of buggy OS even with 9.3.x) Was tempted to wait for a Note 7 but then I saw the PRIV. Probably going to get a new Blackberry when it ships with Android 7 next year.
    07-01-16 03:55 PM
    Laggy BlackBerry launcher. Great with Google now launcher. Not as elegant looking though.

07-01-16 04:07 PM
    Its pretty damn laggy. I notice it mostly when I need to open up my text messages or hub. If I'm in the camera app and I need to share a photo to a contact, get ready to lag. Not digging droid at all, but I'm kinda stuck with it. Hope MM helps for me when VZW gets off their ace.
    07-01-16 04:09 PM
    It's fine for me.

07-01-16 05:23 PM
    Owned mine since launch and never thought it was laggy, actually got better with updates.

07-02-16 05:52 AM
    Mine has good days and bad. It will intermittently lag without on some days and not on others. I don't do anything different day to day its like the phone slows down and then starts lagging, then after a few hours it catches up and the lag goes away. Its not major, but I do notice it from time to time.
    07-02-16 06:24 AM
    Interestingly I find my son's Moto G to be significantly less laggy than my Priv. BlackBerry seems to have done it's best to make this phone stutter. I don't get it.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-02-16 07:08 AM
    I only have a little lag when I play Crossy Road, but that happens on my other SD808 android phones as well, so it doesn't seem to be a Priv issue.

Of course, your experience with it is all that matters. I'm probably not using the apps you're using, and since you need/like them, a switch in phone is probably your only choice.

I'm on AT&T, so I'm still stuck without a MM update. Everything still seems to be pretty smooth on my Priv, though.
    07-02-16 10:31 AM
    Mine was laggy, got hot and the battery drained quickly even after the MM update. Tried a new Samsung Galaxy and it was much better.

07-02-16 10:36 AM
    Mine is laggy, often hot, and battery performance is brutal. BlackBerry dtek for whatever reason is one of my worst battery killers. Haven't had time to do much about solving the issue. I am on MM, but not the beta, so hoping the next update from Rogers will help the issues. I do have a lot of apps, and the device is tied to my watch, my car, my Garmin GPS, and a speaker, all through Bluetooth. I use Waze constantly when driving, which is 20 hrs a week. Maybe I'm just asking too much of this device, but looking forward to refinements down the road.

07-02-16 11:21 AM
    Week 2 of being back on my Classic, the Priv is not a business device otherwise they would have this sorted. I only have 2 email accounts, have done the reset dance to no end, have a bare bones handset with few apps running and the email lag is unbearable. I'm the +200 email guy. With this said I'm still using my Priv for surfing and apps I need, I use it 10% of the day and man the battery life with all services disabled is amazing!

07-02-16 12:29 PM
    Seems like most people like their Priv after the marshmallow update, since AT&T are assh**ls and don't update BB phones your going to have to wait for BB to push it out over ATT&T's dead body LOL.
    07-02-16 01:31 PM
    No lag with my Priv, and I'm still on Lollipop.

07-02-16 03:12 PM
    Been using Priv for awhile now. Definitely becoming my favorite BlackBerry device to date. Last phone was Passport SE, and i was a big fan of BB10. But with the Priv, and most recent updates to Marshmallow, i get awesome battery life and great performance from the device itself.
    07-03-16 01:56 AM
    Pretty fine for me, although I am on the latest Marshmallow beta.

The transition from Lollipop to Marshmallow eliminated a lot of my previous gripes, and it's a shame that AT&T/Verizon are taking so long.
    True
    07-03-16 06:42 AM
    Looks like the general consensus is this...

If you're on Lollipop still, there is lots of lag and heating issues if you're not consistently updating or closing apps.

If you're on MM, a considerable number of issues have been addressed including some of the heating and lag related problems.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    07-03-16 07:37 AM
    Mine is laggy, often hot, and battery performance is brutal. BlackBerry dtek for whatever reason is one of my worst battery killers. Haven't had time to do much about solving the issue. I am on MM, but not the beta, so hoping the next update from Rogers will help the issues. I do have a lot of apps, and the device is tied to my watch, my car, my Garmin GPS, and a speaker, all through Bluetooth. I use Waze constantly when driving, which is 20 hrs a week. Maybe I'm just asking too much of this device, but looking forward to refinements down the road.

Week 2 of being back on my Classic, the Priv is not a business device otherwise they would have this sorted. I only have 2 email accounts, have done the reset dance to no end, have a bare bones handset with few apps running and the email lag is unbearable. I'm the +200 email guy. With this said I'm still using my Priv for surfing and apps I need, I use it 10% of the day and man the battery life with all services disabled is amazing!
    For some reason, puslinch's post, didn't make it here in quote form.

Sound like both of ya'll need a true high end spec'd phone, for different reasons.
    The 'kinda, sorta, almost' high end Priv is Ok for most of us.
    07-03-16 07:41 AM
    Mine was lagging alot and overheating when I first got it. Battery took a couple days to break in. Make sure all BlackBerry apps are updated and go into settings and shutdown all AT&T apps/processes.

Should also add I'm on AT&T unlocked from Amazon also, running on t-mobile so no security our os updates since I got it.
    07-03-16 07:45 AM
    One of the mm builds is crap. Luckily I'm on the latest and the lag issues disappeared.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-04-16 12:46 AM
    Well... decided to part ways with mine. For what I use it, the lag is pretty stupid. It might not be a showstopper for everyone but for me it is. Hopefully their next iteration will perform more fluidly from the moment you open the box. And hopefully I won't get mine from AT&T!

Still not giving up on an Android BlackBerry with pkb!

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 07:59 AM
    And hopefully I won't get mine from AT&T!
    Is't that entirely up to you?

What did you replace the Priv with?
    07-06-16 09:03 AM
    Not for me and I've had it for three months. Doing a reboot every now n then can help as well.

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    07-06-16 10:13 AM
    Still on my Classic even after the July 5 update. The Hub is unbearable to deal with, 10 second lag on the KB's.

07-06-16 03:23 PM
    I can't understand the issues of heat, battery life and lag people are complaining about. I haven't experienced this. I've had my Priv for 6 months..... And I use it too!

Brian

07-06-16 03:42 PM
89 1234