Hello.

Have had a Priv for the past few months as I wanted a pkb with the Android ecosystem and felt that my Classic (which I've since sold) and my Passport (which I still have) were lacking especially for video content (hbo go and amazon video)

Thing is, I find the Priv painfully slow and laggy. I mean, comparing Android vs BlackBerry OS10 is not the issue really, but comparing the priv to other decent Android phones, jeez. I thought it could be things I have installed, maybe memory issues, etc but I don't seem to have lots of things to look out for and try. I had a Motorola Moto Maxx which was kickass and seriously felt Way faster than the Priv. Comparing it against Oppos and previous gen Galaxy is a no contest. Which brings me to...

Is it this way for everyone??
    Could it be too many apps? I doubt it since I'm not really an app guy... heck, I enjoy both BlackBerry and windows phones lol!!
    Could it be that my Priv is the ATT variant?
    Is the Hub slow as well for everyone? Compared to the Hub in Passport... yeah another no contest!

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 12:09 PM
    Pretty fine for me, although I am on the latest Marshmallow beta.

The transition from Lollipop to Marshmallow eliminated a lot of my previous gripes, and it's a shame that AT&T/Verizon are taking so long.
    06-30-16 12:50 PM
    I just get mine. For almost 2 weeks , everything is great. But i did reset my phone to factory default, ( it was due to heat issue after i upgrade to mm ). After that notice phone so much on everything from heat , seeds and responses. After 2 more days even battery is improved a lot .
    06-30-16 01:07 PM
    No such issues here , however it's true that time to time becomes a bit laggy but I restart the phone and then works fast as before.
    06-30-16 01:52 PM
    BlackBerry Services reported was stopped yesterday, it was lagging for couple hours previous to that.
    Had something else report stopped previously.

Otherwise, and after restart, fine. Two weeks on AT&T unit fr Amazon. 5.1.1 with security updates.

Runs better than previous S6 and iPhone 6S+ No heat or battery issue knock on wood.

I wish it did not have Lookout installed. I think bg apps should run only when idle but no idea if that was happening.

I plan to buy next BlackBerry phone next year instead of Note 7 or Edge.

As much as I bought now hoping to get MM and use to beta version, no thanks I'll wait.

I'd turn off the restore and run as is and manually install apps gradually, carefully.

Better
    06-30-16 02:31 PM
    It gets laggy and hot. I do a reset too
    06-30-16 02:34 PM
    Read my post on reply lag, since the MM update the handset is unusable and I'm back to my Classic for the time being having shelved the Priv. It's Priv related, I added Nine my fav android email client and had zero issues. Email being handled through the Hub there's an issue
    I've reset, deleted apps, reset, only used BlackBerry launcher, optimised, cleaned, scrubbed, drained the battery, left the handset charging, then I found another owner today sitting beside me with the exact same issues. So it's not only me. I deal with +200 emails a day on my device and the Priv can't handle the traffic and the long email threads. Typing this on my Classic...

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 02:43 PM
    Priv is great device for me. In terms of speed it is superb . I am on Marshmallow Beta programme and Priv has adapted to it well. Overheating, sluggishness, poor battery life are now things of the past.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    06-30-16 03:24 PM
    I have a hot, sucky battery Priv, but the one thing I CAN'T complain about is lag. Since upgrading to Marshmallow (I am also on the latest Beta 7) it has been wonderful... Certain aspects feel like they lag if you are well versed in Android, for example, when opening the camera and/or snapping a picture it feels like a century if you have used other Androids, but the overall performance with apps, the Web, the Hub, etc have been pretty decent... Here I am happy with the Priv... Now about that battery and perpetual hotness... It was 'cured' miraculously when moving from Lollipop to Marshmallow on Beta 3 and then Beta 5 came along and the heat and battery drain returned, now on Beta 7 the heat and battery are a little better, but still overall horrid... Lag, for me, has not been a complaint since upgrading to Marshmallow...

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 03:26 PM
    It is for me. I'm on MM, didnt notice much difference. Mine gets laggy as crap and I want to throw it against the wall. If this is my last BB, I hate that is sucks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android On My Priv
    06-30-16 06:49 PM
    Had mine since early January. No lagginess. Now on MM beta 7.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    06-30-16 06:57 PM
    No issues here.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    06-30-16 07:05 PM
    Very happy, no lags, nice pkb, screen and battery. A little hot running some heavy app. Great device! MM waiting for a new upgrade and july security patch. Hub working well (not comparable BB10) but useful.

Posted via the CB App for Priv
    06-30-16 07:05 PM
    Argh...when is AT&T going go release the update....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-30-16 08:15 PM
    With Marshmallow no issue here

06-30-16 08:31 PM
    I've had my PRIV since launch and I've definitely noticed lag on occasion. Generally it's very responsive but sometimes it slows downs, heats up, and I end up putting it down for a while or I just do a quick restart. For me it's not a big issue. I assume that just happens with everyone. Maybe I'm making excuses and if I just had an iPhone then I'd never have issues. I don't buy it; I have lots of friends with iPhones and they have issues too. It's a small, pocket computer, it's going to have some slowdown issues. Live with it. The reasons I use the PRIV: keyboard, blackberry apps (the hub), and loyalty to the brand.

I realize the third is a stupid reason.

fanisk likes this.
    06-30-16 08:57 PM
    Lollipop Verizon here. The phone is laggy upon start up, then seems to be fine. I do a hard reset at least once a day though for shi** and giggles

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry PRIV Smartphone
    06-30-16 09:01 PM
    The Priv is the best smartphone I have ever had. I like bb10 better as an operating system but the Priv rocks. No lag on Verizon. The only issue I have is the battery life. My wife's the apple iPhone 6plus is a lot better.

06-30-16 09:39 PM
    Seems there's no real consensus then... I do of course restart a few times a week but didn't have to do that with the Moto before. I do like it, I think it's one of the best phones I've tried but lag gets on my nerves lol.

Still on my passport today, no lag during the day, currently running Amazon music, Twittly, Face10, browser plus cb10 of course and working like a champ and still have 50% battery life. Really thinking about getting a Passport SE and selling the Priv and maybe wait for the next Android BlackBerry phone (and won't be getting it from att!!)

Thing is, I already find the Priv laggy and it's a pretty powerful phone. If the new Android specs are going to be mid tier.... can't imagine how sucky they might be!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 12:01 AM
    Pretty fine for me, although I am on the latest Marshmallow beta.

The transition from Lollipop to Marshmallow eliminated a lot of my previous gripes, and it's a shame that AT&T/Verizon are taking so long.
    Newest beta fixed the lag for me, after being stuck on a previous beta for almost a month
    The previous beta is not unlike the released version, so I imagine the next update should fix the heat and lag for most
    07-01-16 04:52 AM
    Yes, it's laggy. I recently had to set up an HTC 10, Nexus 5x and iPhone 6s and every time I'd notice they're more fluid than the Priv. The Hub was extremely laggy and missing in features so I disabled it.
    07-01-16 04:57 AM
    Verizon here on latest security update. I used to have a lot of lag, but since the sec updates started rolling out and I got rid of ES File Explorer the only lag I ever seem to get is when using the pkb. Sometimes I slide out the pkb and start to type, but it lags and messes up my typing (big delay, acts like keys have been held down) and have to switch to the virtual kb. Other than that it's on a par with my old G3.
    07-01-16 05:30 AM
    Occasional and short lived lag here. Once every 2 to 5 days, clears up on it's own after bout 30 to 60 seconds.
    The android 'gurus' swear by at least once a week hard reset, (32 sec power button press), so I do it, usually twice a week, or after any major or multiple app updates. Don't know if it really does much, but I have basically no lag, (other than noted above) great battery life and no heating issues. So I'm going to keep doing it.

I know there are apps that can misbehave, if you have lag, go through your battery screen and data screen and delete any apps that seem to be using a lot, if you can't delete, then disable. If the lag clears up you can try reloading them.

Somebody mentioned 200+ emails a day, that might have an effect, just a guess. I get way less than 100 with 3 accts and that includes texts.

Factory unlocked STV100-1, build AAF153,(also called beta 5, even though it's no longer beta)
    07-01-16 08:56 AM
    Welcome to the world of Android. This is why the Samsung's have the latest processors
    07-01-16 09:02 AM
    Welcome to the world of Android. This is why the Samsung's have the latest processors
    Yep, BB10 did fine with a wimpy processor. I don't think BlackBerry fully grasped how much power android needed. The 808 seems to work OK, but it's right on the edge, and maybe for some power users, not quite there.
    - Should I change that maybe to probably?
    07-01-16 09:16 AM
89 123 ...