The contrast between the BB10 launch on the stock price (it tanked minutes after that dreadful NYC debut) and the increasingly positive impact of the PRIV upon BBRY over the last few days will have pleased CALL option traders (including hobbyists like myself). More importantly it is reasonable evidence (to my mind) that BB may be in for a very pleasant surprise upon the eventual launch of this new device.I believe the markets sense a BB success story in the offing.
    10-06-15 03:01 PM
    Very rarely has the market predicted correctly what BlackBerry success would be....

Let's be honest, BBRY is pretty low right now... by all accounts it under the book value. Pushing back up to $9 would not be a surprise right now... especially with BlackBerry's guidance of a LOT of growth later in the fiscal year in the Software and Licensing part of the company.

And I'd be more interested in the BlackBerry Experience Apps and how well those perform and if the are ready for true cross platform distribution. Along with how those along with Good and BES will be integrated with one another.
    10-06-15 03:41 PM
    Very rarely has the market predicted correctly what BlackBerry success would be....

Let's be honest, BBRY is pretty low right now... by all accounts it under the book value. Pushing back up to $9 would not be a surprise right now... especially with BlackBerry's guidance of a LOT of growth later in the fiscal year in the Software and Licensing part of the company.

And I'd be more interested in the BlackBerry Experience Apps and how well those perform and if the are ready for true cross platform distribution. Along with how those along with Good and BES will be integrated with one another.
    I couldn't agree with you more but I am not touting BBRY "long" prospects which I believe are favourable but the fact that the markets perception of the PRIV seems positive (I cannot remember it closing on an inter-day high for some time, nevermind 3 days in a row)
    10-06-15 03:52 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more but I am not touting BBRY "long" prospects which I believe are favourable but the fact that the markets perception of the PRIV seems positive (I cannot remember it closing on an inter-day high for some time, nevermind 3 days in a row)
    The market cannot be positive on the Priv since they, like we, know nothing about it concretely. What you're seeing is not hype for the phone, but hype from the adoption of Android. Traders are saying to themselves that Android plus a shift of BB10 to maintenance mode with no additional handsets for, at minimum, two quarters, removes a very large and costly millstone from around the neck of the company. Again, I say, look at the market capitalisation. When we get 2x cash value and above, then you can say that there is recognition of genuine forward longevity for the brand from investors. Until then, it's equity trading theatre.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    10-06-15 04:01 PM
    You have a point.
    10-06-15 04:03 PM
    I agree that the Market and many in the Tech World are watching to see what BlackBerry does, instead of ignoring them like the redhead step child in the corner.

Buying now "could" be a very smart move... selling before any PRIV sales result start leaking out, might be an even smarter move.
    10-06-15 04:08 PM
    Buy on rumours, sell on news
    10-06-15 04:09 PM