You mean like the rest of the world since... forever? Or Canada about 8 years ago?
    Well since i'm speaking of in the US, yes... Like the rest of the world.
    10-27-15 10:59 AM
    My Blackberry rep says not before February.
    10-27-15 12:22 PM
    My Blackberry rep says not before February.
    By then the Priv will be outdated. That would be a sad thing if it takes that long to get a CDMA version to market. Maybe they think a BB customer is not concerned with the specs as much as a typical Android user. By Feb, BB should be already working an a second version to introduce later 2016.
    10-27-15 12:43 PM
    By then the Priv will be outdated. That would be a sad thing if it takes that long to get a CDMA version to market. Maybe they think a BB customer is not concerned with the specs as much as a typical Android user. By Feb, BB should be already working an a second version to introduce later 2016.
    Wow, I must be in the small minority if 3 months after launch is "outdated"? I've had my Q10 (happily) for 2+ years and my phone prior to that for 8 years. Hahaha
    ptpete likes this.
    10-27-15 12:55 PM
    Wow, I must be in the small minority if 3 months after launch is "outdated"? I've had my Q10 (happily) for 2+ years and my phone prior to that for 8 years. Hahaha
    The PRIV is already one generation behind in some areas, with the S7 rumored to be launched in Jan/Feb, the PRIV will be two generation behind. And lacking the big new gimmick today.... force touch. Which is why some assume the S7 is being rushed out.... to better compete with the KING of flagships in the US market, the iPhone.

Doesn't mean that the PRIV won't work fine for 2+ years.... just that they'll have an even harder time justifying a "premium" price on a less than premium hardware set. In the Android market your time to "shine" is pretty brief - I'm not sure BlackBerry will be good at the pricing/specs/short upgrade cycle game.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-27-15 01:37 PM
    Early 2016? That will give us plenty of un-boxing and review videos to watch. If there is a major problem with the Priv I will know before I buy. But, I would rather take a chance and buy on November 6.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-27-15 01:45 PM
    BlackBerry missed the boat by not even releasing it with the newest android OS marshmallow. The phone is not even released yet and it needs an upgrade. ??????? UNBELIEVABLE.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 01:49 PM
    Well you are not the typical android user. Its a crazy dog eat dog world that is constantly clanging. The reason it will be outdated is because by the first of the year awhole new batch of phones will be coming out. Its a new reality for blackberry
    10-27-15 02:25 PM
    [BBRY Rep said] Verizon Priv - "early 2016"-vz-ceo-1-.jpg

Verizon CEO
    10-27-15 02:32 PM
    Doesn't mean that the PRIV won't work fine for 2+ years.... just that they'll have an even harder time justifying a "premium" price on a less than premium hardware set. In the Android market your time to "shine" is pretty brief - I'm not sure BlackBerry will be good at the pricing/specs/short upgrade cycle game.
    I highly doubt they would continue the launch price by then. I think one (potential) reason why the launch price now is that high is because to factor for decreases.
    GPuba likes this.
    10-27-15 02:36 PM
    BlackBerry missed the boat by not even releasing it with the newest android OS marshmallow. The phone is not even released yet and it needs an upgrade. ??????? UNBELIEVABLE.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe, but when Lollipop came out it was quite buggy. Personally, I'm fine with them being a bit more conservative, waiting for a point release etc.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    10-27-15 02:58 PM
    I know the thread title got modified to [carrier rep said] which is fine it doesn't matter to me, I just want everyone to know that it was not a carrier rep but rather BB themselves. Thank you and carry on....
    Camelhmpz and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    10-27-15 04:35 PM
    This is so frustrating. I HATE Verizon. I wonder what arbitrary reason they have for the delay. They probably aren't going along with DTEK detecting their crapware.
    10-27-15 05:29 PM
    Well I have decided that I'm ordering a Nexus 6P as soon as google makes it available for order again. I really want a priv but I'm not waiting till next year for one. If BlackBerry comes out with some actual information about a CDMA model before I receive and activate the 6P then great maybe I'll return it. Otherwise it's looking like Priv gen 2 for me....potentially
    10-27-15 05:40 PM
    All of US true BB die hard fans know that Blackberry has played behind the 8 Ball all the time. We wait, we buy, we carry on! This is a new adventure that is about to take place on this next device, PRIV. My hopes is it will be right and it will run smooth and be on Big red. They have a network that has never failed me when out on the road traveling. Just seems to be so hard to find solid info, especially with all the leaks and the micro statements of info that comes through blips and forums. My wish is that it was silent until the day someone says,... "here it is and ready for sale" Wishful thinking on my part. If Verizon has it great, if it's late OK. But if not, I'm satisfied with the my Superior piece of equipment, Z30 which has never failed me since day 1. The future holds our answer.
    10-27-15 05:56 PM
    I'm just glad it's coming to Verizon. I'm still happily using my z30, and may not even care to upgrade around April or so. At that point my z30 will be 2 years old and I'll decide then. It may also depend on how well my daughters 2.5 year old z10 is working at that point. If my phone is still cooking along and hers needs replaced, then I may buy a Priv and give her my z30. I might just buy another z30. In other words, settle down people lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 06:05 PM
    A few days ago I said history says it's a February release on Verizon. Now finally people are coming around! My guess is late February. Maybe the 18th.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 07:04 PM
    Just for grins and giggles, stopped into an AT&T store and asked when the Priv would be available.......you know the Android/Blackberry Priv that is launching soon (anyone else see what I did there-twice?). The rep says we're not going to get it since we only carry Apple and Android products. Me: Wow, you've been very enlightening. Him: Well, that's what I'm here for. Me (smiling): Indeed.
    00stryder and bonnev659 like this.
    10-27-15 07:06 PM
    They are probably waiting for the marshmallow build. Which is fine with me .

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.2789
    GPuba likes this.
    10-27-15 07:24 PM
    That's a big problem. You miss 50% of the market by skipping Verizon. Remember you must be popular in the USA to make it in the rest of your world. We set the trends.

Now you are not hitting very hard the rest of the market. No release on AT&T or T-Mobile for Black Friday? Just sell on your site BlackBerry?

So, you all better hope things get better, because BlackBerry might not be able to swing a Verizon release. If the GSM fails. You won't get a Verizon version. This will be the last BlackBerry handset.

My suggestion is to switch to AT&T or T-MOBILE if you can... This will be your last unboxing of BlackBerry hardware.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 08:39 PM
    All of US true BB die hard fans know that Blackberry has played behind the 8 Ball all the time. We wait, we buy, we carry on! This is a new adventure that is about to take place on this next device, PRIV. My hopes is it will be right and it will run smooth and be on Big red. They have a network that has never failed me when out on the road traveling. Just seems to be so hard to find solid info, especially with all the leaks and the micro statements of info that comes through blips and forums. My wish is that it was silent until the day someone says,... "here it is and ready for sale" Wishful thinking on my part. If Verizon has it great, if it's late OK. But if not, I'm satisfied with the my Superior piece of equipment, Z30 which has never failed me since day 1. The future holds our answer.
    I bet VZW 's reluctance is because of the Turbo 2 and Maxx 2.
    10-27-15 08:45 PM
    Just for grins and giggles, stopped into an AT&T store and asked when the Priv would be available.......you know the Android/Blackberry Priv that is launching soon (anyone else see what I did there-twice?). The rep says we're not going to get it since we only carry Apple and Android products. Me: Wow, you've been very enlightening. Him: Well, that's what I'm here for. Me (smiling): Indeed.
    Lmfao?
    Blacklatino and cbdwolff7 like this.
    10-27-15 08:51 PM
    [QUOTE=DolemiteDONS;12023218]Wow, I must be in the small minority if 3 months after launch is "outdated"? I've had my Q10 (happily) for 2+ years and my phone prior to that for 8 years. Hahaha [/QUOTE

In the android world 3 months late means a big difference spec wise. We are not talking BlackBerry life here. All the android phones released in 2016 will be using faster and better processors for starters

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 09:38 PM
    I'm just glad we VzW users can drool and hangout here together while we wait. Hell I waited 3 months for the Z10, I can wait some more on the Priv (its not gonna change my life). I'm also glad we are getting several forms of confirmation regarding Verizon carrying it. It's fun to speculate why they are delaying, but now I can REALLY learn the tips and tricks of the device before I own it here off crackberry.
    Z30Commission and CubeDweller like this.
    10-27-15 09:38 PM
    And this is also why they are the exclusive US carrier for Microsoft's new Lumia.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-27-15 09:39 PM
226 12345 ...