You are continuing to make unsubstantiated statements. Verizon may block it if you don't buy from Verizon, just like they did with the Nexus 5. Stop making statements that can't be supported.

Posted via CB10
    Guys let's stay on topic, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:21 AM
    For once, a VZW rep is right.. shame she didn't explain why though. She must not have wanted to make her company look silly.
    Please confirm that there will be no Verizon compatible Priv model available for purchase in any channel until 2016.

Also, please provide the reasoning why it won't be available until then.

If it's not going to be out until 2016, there's no reason for us Verizon users to check the Priv forum everyday....

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:22 AM
    For once, a VZW rep is right.. shame she didn't explain why though. She must not have wanted to make her company look silly.
    What's the reason?

Something like,.. at first we laughed the Priv off as a bad joke, but then we changed our mind months later when we saw everyone else had decided to carry it.
    ?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:39 AM
    What's the reason?

Something like,.. at first we laughed the Priv off as a bad joke, but then we changed our mind months later when we saw everyone else had decided to carry it.
    ?

Posted via CB10
    Ha that's sounds about right!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:41 AM
    Hi bla1ze I didn't get the info from a vzw rep. Got it from BlackBerry themselves. Why couldn't you have she'd some light on this earlier? What's early 2016 first week Jan or last week in Feb?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:44 AM
    Any one hear it Sprint will be getting it also?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:56 AM
    Any one hear it Sprint will be getting it also?

Posted via CB10
    You can ask about STV100-5.
    10-27-15 06:14 AM
    If it won't be out until "early 2016" that really sucks. The reason might be they want to wait for their VoLTE rollout, which is NOT going to go well, considering they keep delaying that. If there is no CDMA on the phone, chances are coverage in some areas that don't have reliable LTE coverage will be dead zones. This phone will be outdated by the time Verizon releases this thing, likely later 2016, and I'll have wasted an entire upgrade cycle. This better not be true...

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    10-27-15 06:15 AM
    Hey let's just rejoice in the fact our EIC has given a silent nod to us Verizon users.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 06:23 AM
    This makes me very pessimistic. I have no interest in any other Android phone without BlackBerry's productivity enhancements; the Priv will probably be a downgrade from Z30 productivity-wise as it is. I could probably get by with another Android with the BlackBerry productivity suite, but BlackBerry is mum about that too.

We have a lack of information problem. If I go iPhone I'll probably be gone for good, not wanting to switch platforms twice in a year, come on BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 06:38 AM
    They can keep their VZ Priv, 2016 = May or Never

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 06:51 AM
    I'm definitely in need of a new phone. My Z is showing signs of hardware failure. I can probably limp along until the Priv is available on Verizon, assuming it's truly very early 2016. If we could just hear something directly from BlackBerry or Verizon, that would go a long way to appeasing those of us wondering.
    10-27-15 06:54 AM
    Well better late than never? Haha.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 07:11 AM
    Well better late than never? Haha.

Posted via CB10
    I guess, but I would imagine that post-Christmas is a bad marketing strategy.
    10-27-15 07:43 AM
    I'm moving to one of the small carriers. This will just accelerate the move.

Posted via CB10
    You might want to change your avatar at this point, no?
    10-27-15 07:48 AM
    Samsung Galaxy S7 release date, news and rumors | TechRadar

The Galaxy S7 Edge (or just S7 as Edge seem to be the standard) is now expected in Jan/Feb time frame.... because of the poor sales performance of the S6. (basically Apple owns the high end market)

So I'm not so sure "better late than never" is true.... unless they plan on dropping the price a lot. The PRIV IS an Android device, and in the Android world there is always something new and better around the corner. Devices don't hold their "flagship" status for very long... or their premium prices. So delaying it's release a few months in a "key" market, could be very damaging to BlackBerry.
    JeepBB and bonnev659 like this.
    10-27-15 08:13 AM
    I'm glad to be reading this forum and seeing some sort of confirmation via Bla1ze rather than what I was reading when the Passport dropped. I feel like I've been waiting for 2 years for the Priv so what's another 3-6 months?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 08:29 AM
    Need @Bla1ze to come back here and expand on his teaser comment.

Do mentions work on these forums?
    10-27-15 08:47 AM
    I'm glad to be reading this forum and seeing some sort of confirmation via Bla1ze rather than what I was reading when the Passport dropped. I feel like I've been waiting for 2 years for the Priv so what's another 3-6 months?
    Posted via CB10
    For BlackBerries' sake(sells), I hope more have your outlook. Again, I'm patient. Full price for two doesn't scare me off, it's waiting to see about the OS and ecosystem.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-27-15 08:51 AM
    I'd be really interested to know why the biggest carrier is waiting until after the Holiday season to carry this phone.

Did BlackBerry get them the phone in time for certification and release during the holidays? If not, why?

If BlackBerry did get it to them in time, you have to wonder who VZW is protecting by not allowing this phone to compete during the Holidays.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-27-15 08:54 AM
    I wish someone would increase their coverage and actually compete against Verizon. I am tired of their crap.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-27-15 09:54 AM
    For BlackBerries' sake(sells), I hope more have your outlook. Again, I'm patient. Full price for two doesn't scare me off, it's waiting to see about the OS and ecosystem.
    Maybe that's why Verizon is waiting too...
    10-27-15 10:29 AM
    I feel like I've been waiting for 2 years for the Priv so what's another 3-6 months?

Posted via CB10
    Refreshing to read patience. Usually it's filled with ultimatums. "I better have it in 48 hours or I'm going iPhone for good!"

LOL
    10-27-15 10:42 AM
    I'm pretty sure this one is partly on BB. If Verizon and Sprint aren't on board, they could make a phone with the proper radio's in them and sale them via their website. Google Nexus 6P has both GSM and CDMA in it for the US model. I suspect they are going after enterprise sales and are trying to keep the relationship good with Verizon and is why they haven't done this.

Personally, I can't wait till the day you buy a service from a provider, they give you a sim chip, and you get your phone wherever you want. Its looking more and more like BB is going to loose this guys business this go-around on the Priv. This lack of information is not only frustrating, its starting to wear on me.
    mavsguy842 likes this.
    10-27-15 10:44 AM
    Personally, I can't wait till the day you buy a service from a provider, they give you a sim chip, and you get your phone wherever you want. Its looking more and more like BB is going to loose this guys business this go-around on the Priv. This lack of information is not only frustrating, its starting to wear on me.
    You mean like the rest of the world since... forever? Or Canada about 8 years ago?
    10-27-15 10:51 AM
226 1234 ...