I had an old Email conversation with the director of Ecommerce for BlackBerry from waaaay back at the launch of the Passport. She was very helpful in explaining the fiasco know as the Passport launch. I figured I would try my luck at getting a real answer from her concerning the Priv launch. I basically said that I was interested in buying the STV100-2 and was wondering how I could go about specifying that model # when I ordered from shopBB. And her response was ...

"STV100-2 is the Verizon model of the phone. Verizon won't be launching until early 2016. Hope this helps."

I don't know about you but I take this as confirmation that Verizon is getting it.
    10-26-15 04:07 PM
    damn, so glad i left them a couple of years ago. tmo, the uncarrier.

Posted via CB10
    Danny Ocean, lift and andy957 like this.
    10-26-15 04:53 PM
    Say it isn't so... wait until 2016

Fail

Posted via CB10
    ShaunieWannie likes this.
    10-26-15 05:13 PM
    Unfortunately VZW is the only real network in my area. Their network speed is 4x that of AT&T here.

Guess I get to wait on this then..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ultra07 likes this.
    10-26-15 05:15 PM
    I'm headed to TMO too. My contact is up in February and I'm getting away from contracts. Already have a Passport, just waiting and will decide about the Priv when I see some more demos.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    10-26-15 05:18 PM
    I'm moving to one of the small carriers. This will just accelerate the move.

Posted via CB10
    house78 likes this.
    10-26-15 05:23 PM
    This is probably the most definitive answer about Verizon that I've seen. Boo hiss though for early 2016, whatever "early" means.
    10-26-15 07:26 PM
    Told everyone it will February 2016 if at all. This is assuming the GSM does well. Which it won't because Verizon often drives US demand. Yes, the rest of the world is GSM. But the rest of the world follows the US lead. US follows Verizon demand.

You might point to Apple as a vendor who bucked the trend. If they would have released on Verizon first there would be no Android domination. Verizon single handily made Android popular.

The idea that releasing on GSM first is a failed strategy.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:32 PM
    10-26-15 07:42 PM
    Told everyone it will February 2016 if at all. This is assuming the GSM does well. Which it won't because Verizon often drives US demand. Yes, the rest of the world is GSM. But the rest of the world follows the US lead. US follows Verizon demand.

You might point to Apple as a vendor who bucked the trend. If they would have released on Verizon first there would be no Android domination. Verizon single handily made Android popular.

The idea that releasing on GSM first is a failed strategy.

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe that. It is their reliable network that has made Verizon successful! AT&T could have easily taken 50 - 70% of the marketshare with the exclusivity of the first IPhones. But their reliable network, supplemented by repeaters in many urban places, enterprise customers, and finally brand awareness with the multiple music concert venues in dozens of U.S. cities in the previous decade kept them relevant until Apple licensed the Iphone to all carriers. Of course Android Moto phones were a big help with that too.
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    10-26-15 07:46 PM
    If it doesn't come to Verizon by Thanksgiving my wife and I will most certainly be purchasing iPhones. I would hate it, but I can't wait around forever. The last BB that Verizon carried that I was interested in was the Z30. I would've jumped on the Passport, but we all know BlackBerry couldn't make that happen either. I really want the Priv, but I refuse to be a 2nd-class citizen because BlackBerry can't get Verizon on board with the rest of the US/World.
    phuoc and bonnev659 like this.
    10-26-15 08:57 PM
    I'm headed to TMO too. My contact is up in February and I'm getting away from contracts. Already have a Passport, just waiting and will decide about the Priv when I see some more demos.

Posted via CB10
    You know that you can buy any phone for any network off contract right? You can buy the Verizon Priv variant when released and never have to be under contract with Verizon. This may not be advertised but it is 100% true.

Posted via CB10
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    10-26-15 09:04 PM
    God I hate Verizon... but I have to have it as I travel all around my state and it is the only reliable service. if this is true I am angry
    10-26-15 09:04 PM
    You know that you can buy any phone for any network off contract right? You can buy the Verizon Priv variant when released and never have to be under contract with Verizon. This may not be advertised but it is 100% true.

Posted via CB10
    I do know that, but it's bye bye to CDMA for me...
    lift likes this.
    10-26-15 09:43 PM
    I do know that, but it's bye bye to CDMA for me...
    That is assuming Blackberry releases the CDMA variant for mass distribution
    10-26-15 09:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Please don't stars your inaccurate guesses as facts. Verizon can and does block non Verizon phones.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-26-15 10:02 PM
    That is assuming Blackberry releases the CDMA variant for mass distribution
    They never have and I suspect they never will. VZW has always sold their BB version via their stores, never through ShopBlackBerry. I'm so very sick of this company. If it wasn't for their coverage I would have bailed years ago.
    10-26-15 10:11 PM
    They never have and I suspect they never will. VZW has always sold their BB version via their stores, never through ShopBlackBerry. I'm so very sick of this company. If it wasn't for their coverage I would have bailed years ago.
    I love these comments, I hate them, but need them because they are the only carrier that is reliable. Lol. My edge agreement is up in January on my Z30, so this timeline works for me.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.2789
    10-26-15 10:17 PM
    Please don't stars your inaccurate guesses as facts. Verizon can and does block non Verizon phones.

Posted via CB10
    All he said is that you can buy the Verizon variant off contract - and you can (when it becomes available). How is that an inaccurate guess? It's the truth.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm, Michael_Stewart and raino like this.
    10-26-15 10:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not talking about a non Verizon phone, I'm talking about buying a Verizon phone off contract. I know Verizon blocks non Verizon phones right now but seeing as the other US Carriers don't like at&t and TMO Verizon won't be far behind. Soon enough you will be able to buy the CDMA variant of the Priv from wherever you want and activate via Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 10:43 PM
    I had an old Email conversation with the director of Ecommerce for BlackBerry from waaaay back at the launch of the Passport. She was very helpful in explaining the fiasco know as the Passport launch. I figured I would try my luck at getting a real answer from her concerning the Priv launch. I basically said that I was interested in buying the STV100-2 and was wondering how I could go about specifying that model # when I ordered from shopBB. And her response was ...

"STV100-2 is the Verizon model of the phone. Verizon won't be launching until early 2016. Hope this helps."

I don't know about you but I take this as confirmation that Verizon is getting it.
    For once, a VZW rep is right.. shame she didn't explain why though. She must not have wanted to make her company look silly.
    10-27-15 01:43 AM
    For once, a VZW rep is right.. shame she didn't explain why though. She must not have wanted to make her company look silly.
    Wat......
    10-27-15 01:48 AM
    Early 2016 is true?
    10-27-15 02:21 AM
    Holy cow! I can't wait for find the reason why they are making us wait till AFTER Christmas. I had plans to buy my self and my brother one as gifts.

At least we will be getting in on the action. Wonder if this has anything to do with LTE only. Hmmm

Thanks Bla1ze

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 04:53 AM
    I'm not talking about a non Verizon phone, I'm talking about buying a Verizon phone off contract. I know Verizon blocks non Verizon phones right now but seeing as the other US Carriers don't like at&t and TMO Verizon won't be far behind. Soon enough you will be able to buy the CDMA variant of the Priv from wherever you want and activate via Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    You are continuing to make unsubstantiated statements. Verizon may block it if you don't buy from Verizon, just like they did with the Nexus 5. Stop making statements that can't be supported.

Posted via CB10
    Lukasz Wojcieszak likes this.
    10-27-15 04:59 AM
226 123 ...