Does anyone know if the Priv will offer BBM video? So far it's only been on BlackBerry Devices running BlackBerry 10. How does the Priv play into and will it open up cross platform video calling?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 06:29 PM
    So far no mention anywhere about BBM Video on Priv.

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Telus
    10-22-15 06:38 PM
    Doubt it otherwise they would not of implemented a 2mp front facing camera lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-22-15 07:14 PM
    You never know, BlackBerry always surprises me negatively, except when they fired thurston

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    10-22-15 07:18 PM
    Does anyone know if the Priv will offer BBM video? So far it's only been on BlackBerry Devices running BlackBerry 10. How does the Priv play into and will it open up cross platform video calling?

Posted via CB10
    If Priv sells well, I think you will see it rather quickly
    10-22-15 07:20 PM
    I am hoping for BBM video also but so far I have not seen the icon on any video of the priv to date

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 08:15 PM
    Guys... read the forums the answers are there.

Search works too.

But seeing as I am here...

NO the Priv or any android device running BlackBerrys BBM for android supports bbm video at this time, however bbm meetings is available.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-22-15 08:18 PM
    Doubt it otherwise they would not of implemented a 2mp front facing camera lol

The Passport has a 2mp front facing camera and BBM video.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    10-23-15 02:15 AM
    The Passport has a 2mp front facing camera and BBM video.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    Source??

10-25-15 08:04 AM
    Source??

Are you being sarcastic?
    I use BBM video all the time on my passport.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    10-25-15 09:10 AM
    Are you being sarcastic?
    I use BBM video all the time on my passport.
    Are YOU being sarcastic ? Last I checked, this was the Priv forum. Regardless of what the OP said about their Passport, I'm referring to the Priv. Lol

On your Passport yes, which is BB10. Not on the Priv which is Android. Unless you already have a Priv and use BBM Video all the time on that??? Information so far is indicating that there is NO BBM Video on the Priv is what I meant to say. Sorry about the confusion.

10-25-15 12:12 PM
    No bbm video at launch.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-25-15 01:13 PM
    Google hangouts

In Squircle I Trust
    10-25-15 01:13 PM
    Google hangouts

In Squircle I Trust
    I have bbm meetings which is great but the problem is.. I'm the only one that can initiate video meetings as far as I know because I am the license holder.

I use it for work so I absorb the cost that way, but I doubt most people will drop $200 annually for bbm video

Push cross video to bb10 and android and bbm app stock goes way up! Maybe then they can actually update and push bbm channels while at it!
    10-25-15 04:52 PM
    I have bbm meetings which is great but the problem is.. I'm the only one that can initiate video meetings as far as I know because I am the license holder.

I use it for work so I absorb the cost that way, but I doubt most people will drop $200 annually for bbm video

Push cross video to bb10 and android and bbm app stock goes way up! Maybe then they can actually update and push bbm channels while at it!
    Yeah unless they update bbm with bbm video. It won't be there...skype...Google hangouts...

In Squircle I Trust
    10-25-15 04:53 PM
    I OWN a Passport and I USE BBM Video on it using the 2mp front facing camera. That's my source. If you need an additional source, check out the spec page on BlackBerry's website: BlackBerry Passport Specs ? Specifications for BlackBerry Passport Smartphone - United States. About halfway down the page, they list camera & video recording specs. The front camera is listed as "2MP fixed focus". Near the bottom of the page, under Accessibility, it says "Face-to-face video chat with BBM Video".

My comment about the Passport having a 2MP front camera AND BBM Video was in response to another post. The poster doubted that BBM Video would be supported BECAUSE the Priv had a 2MP front camera. My comment was merely pointing out the fact that the argument wasn't valid based on the configuration of the Passport.

The real issue is that the Android version of BBM does not yet support BBM- not the fact that the Priv has a 2MP camera. Absent BBM Video, users can still use Skype, etc. for video.

Try to keep up next time.

Source??

10-31-15 09:47 AM
    Lol. Sure.

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Bell Mobility Network
    10-31-15 09:56 AM
    I OWN a Passport and I USE BBM Video on it using the 2mp front facing camera. That's my source. If you need an additional source, check out the spec page on BlackBerry's website: BlackBerry Passport Specs ? Specifications for BlackBerry Passport Smartphone - United States. About halfway down the page, they list camera & video recording specs. The front camera is listed as "2MP fixed focus". Near the bottom of the page, under Accessibility, it says "Face-to-face video chat with BBM Video".

My comment about the Passport having a 2MP front camera AND BBM Video was in response to another post. The poster doubted that BBM Video would be supported BECAUSE the Priv had a 2MP front camera. My comment was merely pointing out the fact that the argument wasn't valid based on the configuration of the Passport.

The real issue is that the Android version of BBM does not yet support BBM- not the fact that the Priv has a 2MP camera. Absent BBM Video, users can still use Skype, etc. for video.

Try to keep up next time.
    You're very confused. It's ok. Don't worry.

10-31-15 10:27 AM
    The Priv does not have BBM video
    10-31-15 10:57 AM
    The Priv does not have BBM video
    I thought that was obvious from the first leak of the Priv. Bla1ze explained it.
    BBM video, Blend and multitasking will be badly missed on the Priv.

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that actually the worst audio experience on BBM is with an android phone?

I use BBM a lot for international calls. It always amazes people with Iphones what high quality the sound is. They can't believe it is that good between a bb10 phone and an iphone. When I talk to someone on an android phone the sound is poor, often with noise and echo...Maybe it's the android phone quality...hopefully the Priv will be better on BBM audio than other android phones.
    10-31-15 12:31 PM
    Is it for sure there is no blend? I looked in the Google store last night and there is an android blend app in there from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 12:37 PM
    That app has been in there for months. It's for Android tablets to connect to a BB10 device. It has nothing to do with Priv. It looks like there is no Blend for now.
    10-31-15 12:42 PM
    Is it for sure there is no blend? I looked in the Google store last night and there is an android blend app in there from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    That's for connecting an Android tablet with a BB10 device.

10-31-15 12:43 PM
    Ugh! I have preordered the Priv and was disappointed to hear that the lack of BBM video but expected that. Now the lack of Blend as well really has me disappointed. Any hope we will have Story maker and Blackberry Travel? I use those quite frequently as well, especially Travel.
    10-31-15 01:34 PM
    Ugh! I have preordered the Priv and was disappointed to hear that the lack of BBM video but expected that. Now the lack of Blend as well really has me disappointed. Any hope we will have Story maker and Blackberry Travel? I use those quite frequently as well, especially Travel.
    BlackBerry travel sucks. It's not what it used to be. Story Maker is a battery drainer.

10-31-15 01:45 PM
31 12