I noticed a BBM update in the Google Play store today and it notes BBM video now available for Android and IOS. I tried a video call from my Priv to my wife's Passport and could not get the video to work but at least they are working on it!

BBM Video on Android!-screenshot_20160428-094500.jpg
    1122334455667788 and tex3523 like this.
    04-28-16 11:47 AM
    Got it too

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-28-16 11:50 AM
    It says video between android and iOS devices. I don't think it'll work between android/iOS and BB10 devices.

Pinot2015 likes this.
    04-28-16 01:14 PM
    It says video between android and iOS devices. I don't think it'll work between android/iOS and BB10 devices.

Ah, that could be my issue. I will try with another Android user and report back. I hope it goes across platforms soon as well though.
    04-28-16 01:29 PM

That would be a very rude approach from BlackBerry but I think it won't happen. The BlackBerry 10 will probably get an update to support the new feature

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 01:35 PM
    That would be a very rude approach from BlackBerry but I think it won't happen. The BlackBerry 10 will probably get an update to support the new feature

Posted via CB10
    Probably not actually. They might just make it ios / android only. BlackBerry to BlackBerry already works, and the OS is dead.

I'm just assuming they are using different servers.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-28-16 02:26 PM
    It looks like BlackBerry 10 users will once again be isolated as video chat between iOS and Android users is all that will be supported.
    04-28-16 02:51 PM
    I noticed a BBM update in the Google Play store today and it notes BBM video now available for Android and IOS. I tried a video call from my Priv to my wife's Passport and could not get the video to work but at least they are working on it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160428-094500.jpg 
Views:	866 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	398446

Please note we�re initially limiting availability because this is the first time we�re launching BBM Video calling, and we want to monitor performance, gather feedback, and iron out any kinks that may arise before we roll it out globally.

North America

The beta video feature will only be available in U.S. and Canada, coming first to Android users, followed closely by iOS. At that time, U.S. and Canadian BBM users will be able to enjoy cross-platform video calling with each other. We plan to launch the feature globally in our July release.

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App
    04-28-16 03:05 PM
    Hope they include videoconferencing. That
    would be unique
    04-28-16 03:20 PM
    Can't wait to try it. Glad they listened about cross platform!

04-28-16 03:45 PM
    Can't wait to try it. Glad they listened about cross platform!

Limited cross platform if it doesn't work with bb10

04-28-16 03:49 PM
    Actually it works.. Just tried between my Priv (USA) and a Z10 (Italy). Got audio and video!

04-28-16 04:21 PM
    That's great, but y in God's name has this taken so long?! How does the priv not have quick reply bbm messages! Y doesn't the hub have reply from the hub. Let's go!

04-28-16 04:44 PM

*Edit* the video icon on BB10 shows I'm available on Priv for video calling and vice versa. That's it. I would guess once beta is done it will work. If not then shame on BlackBerry. People text mainly in North America as it is all unlimited texting. People Skype or if iPhone user then use Facetime but that sucks as its not cross platform.
    It seems on Marshmallow upgrade there is a video icon on phone app. Wonder if that will be cross platform?

It works from my PRIV to my wifes BlackBerry Classic .

Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 04-29-16 at 08:17 AM.
    04-28-16 05:08 PM
    Is this the current BBM or does one need to grab a Beta version of bbm to get video chat? If the current version, where do you turn it on?

Trying between Priv and Z30
    Last edited by F2; 04-28-16 at 06:16 PM.
    04-28-16 06:04 PM
    Is this the current BBM or does one need to grab a Beta version of bbm to get video chat? If the current version, where do you turn it on?

Trying between Priv and Z30
    Just grab the last update on Google Play if you are on Priv ( BlackBerry updated BBM today there). If you are using any BlackBerry 10 device you are good already, no update needed (video was already supported).
    Ah.. And you need to be in US or Canada to use the Android version.

FF22 and damien kupuku like this.
    04-28-16 07:24 PM
    Just grab the last update on Google Play if you are on Priv ( BlackBerry updated BBM today there). If you are using any BlackBerry 10 device you are good already, no update needed (video was already supported).
    Ah.. And you need to be in US or Canada to use the Android version.

I seemed to have a Partial video chat finally. I could see my Priv "image" on my Samsung Tab but could not see the Samsung "image" on the Priv.

When I tried on the Z30, I did not see any video camera option.
    04-28-16 07:41 PM
    Hmm I am able to video call between two androids. But when I call any of my bb10 devices it is not working. Tried classic, passport. Based on the description I assumed that was by design.

04-28-16 07:41 PM

Ah cool. Thanks for the clarification.

04-28-16 08:58 PM

You are a lucky one

04-28-16 10:22 PM
    Hope they include videoconferencing. That
    would be unique
    Not really, Skype and hangouts already allow this and is fully cross platform, Mac and pc included. Not to mention webex, goto meeting, Etc. Would be good to have just not unique.

04-28-16 10:53 PM
    It will work cross platform soon, right now it's in Beta Test but in Google Play Store
    04-28-16 10:56 PM
    Using this feature with android to android or IOS makes no sense. Needs to be across platform.
    04-28-16 11:10 PM
    Please note we�re initially limiting availability because this is the first time we�re launching BBM Video calling, and we want to monitor performance, gather feedback, and iron out any kinks that may arise before we roll it out globally.

North America

The beta video feature will only be available in U.S. and Canada, coming first to Android users, followed closely by iOS. At that time, U.S. and Canadian BBM users will be able to enjoy cross-platform video calling with each other. We plan to launch the feature globally in our July release.
    Relax folks, if it's working for you, then good, and if it's not working, just remember that this is a limited beta test, wait for it, the full launch will take place in July.
    JWWIII likes this.
    04-28-16 11:29 PM
    It is very exciting that video has finally been added to the BBM outside of BB10. This was one of the features I missed the most and would help BBM grow.

JWWIII likes this.
    04-29-16 01:16 AM
74 123