Same here, just block and report.
    02-08-17 08:58 AM
    Has anyone accepted and tried messing with these people? I am tempted.
    02-10-17 10:27 AM
    As far as the BBM spam invites, block, don't respond, delete and move on. If you interact with them they know the PIN exists and then it gets worse. Right now they are randomly sending PIN invites
    FF22 likes this.
    02-10-17 10:31 AM
    Has anyone accepted and tried messing with these people? I am tempted.
    Ahaha go for it and let us know! I'm sure it's just like any other scam..
    02-10-17 11:52 AM
    Being new to BlackBerry, what is the difference and\or advantages to BBM versus texting?
    02-11-17 08:56 AM
    Being new to BlackBerry, what is the difference and\or advantages to BBM versus texting?
    BBM provides a lot of cool features such as voice and video calls, retracting messages, timed messages, received and delivery notifications, HD images, rich group messaging, and just plainly a much more rich experience. It also works over WiFi so it's great for people who are in areas with poor mobile network service.

FYI you don't need a BlackBerry to use it. My wife has a iPhone and we use daily.
    02-11-17 09:05 AM
    BBM provides a lot of cool features such as voice and video calls.
    Like face time?
    02-11-17 09:43 AM
    BBM provides a lot of cool features such as voice and video calls, retracting messages, timed messages, received and delivery notifications, HD images, rich group messaging, and just plainly a much more rich experience. It also works over WiFi so it's great for people who are in areas with poor mobile network service.

FYI you don't need a BlackBerry to use it. My wife has a iPhone and we use daily.
    My question may be odd: Does BBM use data allotment or some other method of 'moving' the information.

Also, some of us still are in the dark ages and do not have a text allowance - so each text sent/received costs me money!
    02-11-17 09:46 AM
    Like face time?
    Yeah, but facetime only works on one iPhones.
    02-11-17 10:19 AM
    My question may be odd: Does BBM use data allotment or some other method of 'moving' the information.

Also, some of us still are in the dark ages and do not have a text allowance - so each text sent/received costs me money!
    It's data, but it won't count against you if you use WiFi.

It doesn't go against your SMS/MMS (texting) allowance.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-11-17 10:20 AM
    Yeah, but facetime only works on one iPhones.
    right, I think my wife uses some sort of messenger. Maybe it's through facebook.
    02-11-17 10:31 AM
    It used to work free of data charges, back in the BIS days. My wife and I used it since I travel internationally and she was living in Thailand. She could use it with no added charges. Now, it uses data like everything else, however, I have an unlimited international data plan so it is cheaper than texting. That being said, so is Line, and Kik, etc. We now use Line or Telegram since BBM has too many ads anymore. If they didn't show up as a message I wouldn't mind, and I hate subscription services. If I could simply pay a one time fee I would continue using it. It is a shame it cannot be removed from the Priv.
    02-11-17 12:10 PM
    There's an app in the Play Store that generates bbm pins. Only Indonesians use it
    02-12-17 07:12 AM
    solution:
    deactivate BBM

If BlackBerry ignores this the messenger dies. EOL.
    02-12-17 10:57 PM
    BBM ! Is an hacher door ! It happen to me in february 2014 with BlackBerry 7 an now that I was using Passport. Last time the hacher let me a message on BBM... Not. This time !
    02-12-17 11:21 PM
    I'm still getting more and more of these everyday and I must say, it's very annoying. Don't remember it happening with previous BB phones. Also I don't use BBM at all so I don't give out my PIN.
    Last edited by andy957; 02-13-17 at 09:36 PM.
    02-13-17 07:54 PM
    They're working it. They've promised an anti-spam update soon.
    02-13-17 08:02 PM
    "Soon" huh?? Uh, okay...
    FF22 likes this.
    02-13-17 08:05 PM
    "Soon" huh?? Uh, okay...
    Yeah, next release.

http://crackberry.com/bbm-working-remedy-spam-invites
    tdyhedge likes this.
    02-13-17 08:15 PM
    I hope I don't jinx things - I've been spared so far!
    02-13-17 10:12 PM
    Texting, aka SMS (Short Message Service) goes from your carrier to a third party and to whichever carrier the receiver uses. BBM goes through just BBM servers.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-12-17 11:06 AM
    Has anyone seen a change with the most recent update? Now you can mark an invite as spam, but it doesn't stop other spammy invites. I and other people had contacted BlackBerry asking to be able to block entire countries, but I don't think this has been implemented.

Is 'mark as spam' going to lead to better spam detection in the future, or is it just a pacifier for complainers?
    03-12-17 03:56 PM
    Looks like they figured a way to stop the spamming, I haven't gotten any in the last 5-6 weeks and I used to get like 2-3 spam invites every week on priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-25-17 09:56 PM
    Looks like they figured a way to stop the spamming, I haven't gotten any in the last 5-6 weeks and I used to get like 2-3 spam invites every week on priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Not here. I get one every few days. They're either in Tagalog (Philippines) or Indonesian.
    04-25-17 10:31 PM
    I was getting them frequently, they seem to have actually done something about them. I saw a couple bulletins about security issues and spamming in BBM and since then, my Indonesian invites have essentially disappeared.
    04-27-17 03:17 PM
100 ... 234