I would happily buy a "pro" version to avoid the ads - they have really escalated lately to the point where I'm considering other options beside BBM... which is saying something from someone who has only owned BlackBerry devices and been a vocal proponent of BBM since the early 2000s...

ETA: Where does one find this $12/year to remove ads option?
    06-21-16 11:58 AM
    I would happily buy a "pro" version to avoid the ads - they have really escalated lately to the point where I'm considering other options beside BBM... which is saying something from someone who has only owned BlackBerry devices and been a vocal proponent of BBM since the early 2000s...

ETA: Where does one find this $12/year to remove ads option?
    If you go to the Store (looking for the shopping cart within BBM) you'll see it under Subscriptions
    gritsinct likes this.
    06-21-16 12:19 PM
    If you go to the Store (looking for the shopping cart within BBM) you'll see it under Subscriptions
    Thanks. I haven't looked in the store in a long time... I thought it was all stickers which I have zero interest in purchasing.
    06-21-16 01:20 PM
    There is a method way (temperary trick) which can remove all ads in BBM app.

But BlackBerry Priv is sadly an unroot smartphone device which can't be root ever. So therefore in the end it is useless.

If the device is rooted, you eventually will become a superuser and you could costumize everything within the device.

The temperary trick for BBM is that you have to change the permission rights for the specific three hidden files in the BBM Core folder.

Every BBM-update that overwright BBM app, you have to set the temperary trick manually in order to do it correctly from the start again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 06-22-16 at 02:31 PM.
    06-21-16 02:03 PM
    If i am loyal to BlackBerry and spend $500+ on handset, ad free bbm should be a given. Was a time i would tell people BBM was one of the reasons i was a BlackBerry user. With the loss of the Superior BlackBerry contact manager sync with outlook, the loss of a few other BB10 apps, the death on Facebook and Twitter support for BB10 it's getting harder to differentiate BlackBerry from other mainstream Android devices.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-22-16 02:22 PM
    I keep here of people getting these ads and contact spam requests...but I have not seen any for over one year now, BlackBerry Passport. My contacts are on iPhone or google...are they targeted over native users?
    What's up with that?

This Passport takes me places!
    07-19-16 11:09 AM
    Yeah, the BBM ads/sponsored invites are noticeably more on Android as compared to BB10. Annoying. Equally annoying to have to pay to get rid of them. I only have a handful of contacts left on BBM though, so eventually that will likely go away.
    07-19-16 11:24 AM
    I don't get any Ads.

 B L A C K B E R R Y [ P R I V ]  | CB APP | A N D R O I D
    07-19-16 11:29 AM
    I don't get any Ads.

Can you explain to us how you didn't receive Ads via BBM app on your Priv device?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 12:44 PM
    I don't get any Ads.

Leaves the BBM App closed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    07-19-16 01:24 PM
    I don't get any Ads.

Can you explain to us how you didn't receive Ads via BBM app on your Priv device?

Posted via CB10
    I too am curious.
    07-19-16 04:28 PM
36 12