Here is the issue that I am having my with Privs. (I'm currently running 5 of them in my law firm.)

When Wi-Fi is available, such as when I am in a retail store with an open Wi-Fi connection but I have not connected to the Wi-Fi, my BBMs will get caught up and will not send/receive. It seems like the phone automatically makes a connection to any Public Wi-Fi, but until I actually tell the phone to connect to the Wi-Fi then all BBMs get stuck.

Obviously I do not want to connect to Public Wi-Fi when sending privileged attorney-client communications, therefore I NEVER connect to Public Wi-Fi. How do I either A) tell the phone to never attempt to connect to a Public Wi-Fi, or B) tell BBM to never send over Wi-Fi.

Right now, my only option is to remember to turn on Wi-Fi when I get to my home and office, and then remember to turn it back off when I'm leaving the home or office.

Help!!!
    01-06-16 10:47 AM
    Hopefully someone with a better idea for you will respond, but this happens with all IM apps like WhatsApp, WeChat, LINE, etc. Or at least, it used to when I used them more. Perhaps WhatsApp doesn't anymore now that it's tied to Facebook, but I wouldn't know.
    It tries to go through WiFi because your wifi is on, but you're not connected to any wifi. Personally, I never leave Wifi on when I'm leaving the house unless I'm going somewhere where I plan to use the wifi. Otherwise, I just turn the wifi on when I get there if I want it at all (simple swipe down and a tap of the button).

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but if it is, there are also ways to automate this process, like using Tasker or a similar app. Have it set to turn wifi on when you enter within a cell tower's location (like home's), and off when you leave that cell tower's location. There's a thread in here somewhere where a user instructed another user how to use Tasker to implement something similar.
    01-06-16 11:25 AM
    Here is the issue that I am having my with Privs. (I'm currently running 5 of them in my law firm.)

When Wi-Fi is available, such as when I am in a retail store with an open Wi-Fi connection but I have not connected to the Wi-Fi, my BBMs will get caught up and will not send/receive. It seems like the phone automatically makes a connection to any Public Wi-Fi, but until I actually tell the phone to connect to the Wi-Fi then all BBMs get stuck.

Obviously I do not want to connect to Public Wi-Fi when sending privileged attorney-client communications, therefore I NEVER connect to Public Wi-Fi. How do I either A) tell the phone to never attempt to connect to a Public Wi-Fi, or B) tell BBM to never send over Wi-Fi.

Right now, my only option is to remember to turn on Wi-Fi when I get to my home and office, and then remember to turn it back off when I'm leaving the home or office.

Help!!!
    I'm a new Priv user, switched from Z10.

I'm having similar issue, when the WiFi I'm connected to does have some connection issue to Internet. Rather than switching to Mobile network, BBM just stacks up the messages.

Technically, I'd assume network connectivity would be abstract to applications, and wonder why this is happening with BBM.
    02-12-16 09:56 AM
    Someone recommended IF app by IFFT to me. You can make automated rules that will turn the WiFi off if you leave or enter a location. I use it to turn Bluetooth on when I leave known WiFi connections and turn it back off when I reconnect...for ur issues u can tell it to turn off WiFi when u leave home and turn it back on when u are located at office. It can work w location services to do that. Tasker is another app, I liked IF better...you can customize the rules and never think about this again!
    02-14-16 09:02 AM