Is there no way to set my own custom tone for alerts in BBM for Android? All it seems is there is a list it puts from and you have to chose one of their alert tones. Is there a directory i can add a MP3 to so i can have my own custom tone show in that list?
    11-08-15 06:16 PM
    I have it on my sd card, can access it from there
    11-09-15 06:46 AM
    So when I go to BBM and i go to settings there is a drop down for Tone. The list is pre populated with sounds, I want to use my own custom MP3 bu there is no option to chose my own. Where do you see the option to chose your own tone on your SD card like you mentioned?
    11-09-15 07:45 AM
    So when I go to BBM and i go to settings there is a drop down for Tone. The list is pre populated with sounds, I want to use my own custom MP3 bu there is no option to chose my own. Where do you see the option to chose your own tone on your SD card like you mentioned?
    I use custom ringtones for all my apps (.wav/.mp3 format).
    I put them in the *Notifications folder and they appear for all apps.
    Last edited by Steve Rizla; 11-09-15 at 08:03 AM.
    11-09-15 07:47 AM
    I did the exact same thing Steve, but the list in BBM is not the same list. Its like BBM is populated with its own ringtones that are not the same from the Ringtones folder. Do you have BBM? if so when you go to your Tone list for it do you see all your custom tones because I don't.
    11-09-15 07:53 AM
    I just checked again. I did use the ringtones folder and some apps work with that location.
    I recently moved some files over to the Notifications folder. I think I tried this as some apps (BBM included) could not find tones from the Ringtones folder.

Try the Notifications folder. I've updated my original post.

BBM custom tone?-screenshot_20151109-090034.jpg
    penk likes this.
    11-09-15 08:03 AM
    Steve you are the man! I created a folder in the root of my internal storage and called it Notifications, i put an MP3 in there and it showed up in the list. I need to find a way to make a shortcut now so Notifications points to ringtones. I guess BlackBerry decided to use this default folder instead of Ringtones for some strange reason. love the complete all overness of Android
    11-10-15 06:08 PM
    So I just opened a terminal emulator and went to /storage/emulated/0/

I then ran the command 'ln -s Ringtones Notifications' and i got a permission denied. So there goes that idea without root. If anyone else has any ideas let me know so that i can just have one folder for ringtones and i don't have to keep a copy in both or remember to put in both depending how the app is coded.
    11-10-15 06:47 PM