I couldn't care less. Began to support BlackBerry years ago .. Not for an OS or some ****. I buy BlackBerry's because of the Physical Keyboard!

If the slider will be powered by Google and run Android L, I'll still buy the beautiful slider and so would y'all! It would be perfect if the HUB and other BB10 stuff go cross platform. But we can't get everything we want.

And don't forget that BlackBerry OS 10 is just an OS .. after a year or 2 it will be replaced by another OS. That's when the so loved OS10 will not get any updates, no nothing!

One thing that never will drastically change is a BlackBerry Physical keyboard device! The Keyboard will always be there, will never be abandoned .. and will always be improved! Keep that in mind!

Team BlackBerry till I die. End of the discussion haha!

(Sorry for the bad grammar, I hope that y'all can understand the point I'm trying to make)

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 01:34 AM
    I don't know BlackBerry that does not run BlackBerry os at the heart is not a true BlackBerry. It would be like apple making an android phone kinda weird. And BlackBerry 10 will not be replaced in a year or 2 it will be there os for the next decade sure there will be updates to BlackBerry 10 but the core os will stay the same. I also don't feel that they will go full android. And abandoned all the work and time they put into BlackBerry 10. Berryflow just put out a good read on this subject

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench, acovey and BionicKris like this.
    06-15-15 02:04 AM
    One thing that never will drastically change is a BlackBerry Physical keyboard device! The Keyboard will always be there, will never be abandoned .. and will always be improved! Keep that in mind!
    I would agree . . . but please note that there are quite a few Android smartphones and Windows Mobile smartphones which are equipped with physical keyboards.

BB10 vs Android discusssion?-nec_terrain1.jpg

BB10 vs Android discusssion?-nec_terrain2.jpg
    moyah8 likes this.
    06-15-15 02:07 AM
    In my opinion, BlackBerry makes beautiful smartphones and I really want to continue using a physical QWERTY keyboard, I hate typing on glass.

I'm now strongly in favour of the Slider running Android, but only if it's a version heavily customised to look and feel like BB10. I don't really care what software is "under the hood", as long as it has BB Security baked in.

For me, running a beautified, secure version of Android, with access to all apps, with hub, with the option of buying smart watches etc - it's a no brainer. I really hate 'stock android', but I'm only still here for the physical keyboard.
    06-15-15 02:30 AM
    If apple made an android phone and ios phone, theyd probably just rule the market with like 80%.

BlackBery on the other hand is gonna be like HTC is, just struggling.

I would want the slider to be BB10. Android would only work if it was skinned to heck and I could have my BB10 apps on it.
    06-15-15 02:47 AM
    I'm all for a slider as I love the qwerty keyboard. Now a slider with dual boot option would be crazy. A guy can dream though.
    06-15-15 04:04 AM
    I'm all for a slider as I love the qwerty keyboard. Now a slider with dual boot option would be crazy. A guy can dream though.
    BlackBerry can't even make Dual SIM!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:17 AM
    Nothing beats the HUB! I'm a former Android user, considering to go back due to BlackBerry's lack of proper phone design and spec structure. I love the BlackBerry 10 OS, but not the phones. Each one is weirder than the last one except the Q series, Z10 and Classic.
    The Z30 is a joke, looks like a duplicate kid's toy. Unlike the Z10, which looks pretty professional. Leap is a downgraded version of Z30, yet they call it new "flagship". The Passport looks the size of an iPad mini.
    I know there are fanboys/girls wasting their money on these horrifically shaped devices. That doesn't make the devices any better.

The only things that are holding me back are the OS and the new multi-color notifications. I think I'll go with a Nexus 5 for now, and maybe come back to BlackBerry if they ever decide to pull their heads out of their asses and design a decent sized phone with proper specs.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-17-15 04:31 PM
    I would agree . . . but please note that there are quite a few Android smartphones and Windows Mobile smartphones which are equipped with physical keyboards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NEC_Terrain1.jpg 
Views:	1922 
Size:	263.8 KB 
ID:	357686

Name:	NEC_Terrain2.jpg 
Views:	1919 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	357687
    True, but to clarify, there are keyboards and there is the BB keyboard. No comparison, so much so that many own BBs just for a BB keyboard, not to mention copycats.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 07:15 PM
    True, but to clarify, there are keyboards and there is the BB keyboard. No comparison, so much so that many own BBs just for a BB keyboard, not to mention copycats.

Posted via CB10
    Not many people own a BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 07:23 PM
    To say not many people have BlackBerry devices is a relative statement. There are still millions of people using them, just not tens of millions.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    06-24-15 12:00 PM
    In my opinion, BlackBerry makes beautiful smartphones and I really want to continue using a physical QWERTY keyboard, I hate typing on glass.

I'm now strongly in favour of the Slider running Android, but only if it's a version heavily customised to look and feel like BB10. I don't really care what software is "under the hood", as long as it has BB Security baked in.

For me, running a beautified, secure version of Android, with access to all apps, with hub, with the option of buying smart watches etc - it's a no brainer. I really hate 'stock android', but I'm only still here for the physical keyboard.
    If you highly want it to be android then why do you want it to literally be bb10. Makes no sense at all

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    06-24-15 12:20 PM
    Nothing beats the HUB! I'm a former Android user, considering to go back due to BlackBerry's lack of proper phone design and spec structure. I love the BlackBerry 10 OS, but not the phones. Each one is weirder than the last one except the Q series, Z10 and Classic.
    The Z30 is a joke, looks like a duplicate kid's toy. Unlike the Z10, which looks pretty professional. Leap is a downgraded version of Z30, yet they call it new "flagship". The Passport looks the size of an iPad mini.
    I know there are fanboys/girls wasting their money on these horrifically shaped devices. That doesn't make the devices any better.

The only things that are holding me back are the OS and the new multi-color notifications. I think I'll go with a Nexus 5 for now, and maybe come back to BlackBerry if they ever decide to pull their heads out of their asses and design a decent sized phone with proper specs.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    No one is calling the leap a flagship. The passport is their flagship phone and no doubt their slider will be the next

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 12:21 PM
    Yeah and how well are they doing in the Android space.

Name:	NEC_Terrain1.jpg 
Views:	1922 
Size:	263.8 KB 
ID:	357686

Name:	NEC_Terrain2.jpg 
Views:	1919 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	357687

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 12:57 PM
    Op you're either an Android user or a BB10 users. Get it straight and don't confuse your identity.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 01:01 PM
    I think BlackBerry should stick with bb10 since they can keep building on it and if they go to android they will not be competitive at all they would be the smallest manufacturer of the bunch and sales would suffer not to mention the loyal costumers that would leave which is something they can't afford to do

Just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 02:43 PM
    Op you're either an Android user or a BB10 users. Get it straight and don't confuse your identity.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone should define one's identity by choice of device.
    06-24-15 02:43 PM
    Haha why are BlackBerry fans so defensive? I don't understand, if you guys think BlackBerry is so great, why do you need to defend it like it's drowning? It only brings out your insecurity, not a cool way of discussion.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-24-15 10:14 PM
    The physical keyboard is definitely NOT the only reason I buy blackberries. I used the Z10 and Z30 and loved them both to death. Nothing on the market comes even close to BB10. I love my Passport as well, but to me BlackBerry excels the most when it comes to software, not hardware (even though I think BlackBerry makes great hardware as well). If I wanted the android, ios, or even wp experience then I wouldn't buy a BlackBerry.

Hell the bb10 virtual keyboard is just as amazing as their physical keyboard is imho

Sent from my Passport
    06-25-15 12:06 AM
    To say not many people have BlackBerry devices is a relative statement. There are still millions of people using them, just not tens of millions.

Posted via CB10
    I'd imagine BlackBerry still has tens of millions of users around the globe. Not that I have any evidence...

Sent from my Passport
    06-25-15 12:09 AM
    I would definitely consider the slider if it was running Android + 32GB, Snapdragon 808, 3GB RAM.

Yeah and how well are they doing in the Android space.

Posted via CB10
    Not well... there is a severe lack of decent qwerty devices running android. The device in the picture is dated, has a measly 512mb storage and 256mb RAM running gingerbread. Completely useless.

BB also need to improve their keyboard layout, I don't need 2 shift keys.
    ! . , @ ? would be far more useful... and a separate number row.

BB10 vs Android discusssion?-pkij8-2.jpg
    06-27-15 09:48 AM
    Why are we even still discussing about this? If you wanna rock an Android phone buy a Samsung (other countless other makes).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-30-15 08:08 AM
    There are rumors that BlackBerry is building an android phone for emerging markets, I doubt this is the slider.

But I think it would be a good thing if they released the slider with android as an option. But the specs and hardware better be up to par otherwise they'll get destroyed, and really see their end in the handset business.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    06-30-15 10:55 PM
    [QUOTE=QwertyUser4;11748650]I

BB also need to improve their keyboard layout, I don't need 2 shift keys.
    ! . , @ ? would be far more useful... and a separate number row.
    QUOTE]

Totally agree, I would like the right shift key to be some sort of a ctrl key, ie: right shift + v, paste, right shift + c copy, right shift + x show the cursor circle, etc.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 11:18 PM

Posted via CB10

So many people miss that point. Both a shopping Trolley and a Ferrari have 4 wheels, and both somehow can carry you, but doesn't mean they can give you the same. Blackberry has been perfecting the ergonomics of those keyboards for years, the others just put a cheap keyboard in it. 95% of keyboards that are non-BB are terrible to type on.
    06-30-15 11:27 PM
31 12