Drivers are not expensive folks.

I've written them for an Android port (to the Moto Triumph which shipped with a ridiculously poor base version; I ported a later version of Android to it myself, single-handed.)

It took me a few weeks in my spare time as a single individual to get everything ironed out and I had no hardware documentation and thus had to figure most of it out the hard way.

Don't believe for a second it's hard because it's not.
    I think Chen meant chipset drivers, CPU, Gpu, etc for the BlackBerry 10 operating system, not for apps. I'm not a programmer, so if porting/writing an app for Android is the same as building chipset drivers for an operating system, then please correct me, because now I'm confused.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    10-16-15 06:42 PM
    What? Not it doesn't!

Posted via CB10

I do see what he says. I blew the pic up and in the lower left going sideways, you can definitely see a pin watermark. Could it still just be a render? Sure it could. But kinda funny to do a render with a watermark. But, I guess we've seen stranger things with BlackBerry lol!

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    Attachment 376127
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 Variant of Priv [Rumour]-388416-westerlund-2.jpg  
    10-16-15 06:52 PM
    BB10 Variant of Priv [Rumour]-img_20151016_194859.png I have no idea what the heck happened. I attached the screen shot and up posted the wrong picture Lmao! Nice pic, but the wrong one

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    10-16-15 06:54 PM
    Lol come on ASTRO Dan. Probably just part of your collection . Looks better than the render tbh.

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 and z3user like this.
    10-16-15 06:57 PM
    Render or not. It still shows you that the Priv with BB10 exist but just in Waterloo.
    Attachment 375919
    I think maybe you don't know what a render is.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    10-16-15 06:58 PM
    Lol come on ASTRO Dan. Probably just part of your collection . Looks better than the render tbh.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, yeah it's a nice Astro shot, but I don't know how it got posted! I attached the blown up screen shot of the render and when it posted, just a nice astronomy picture was there! Very nice picture, but not the one I picked lol. I believe it's one of the Hubble images. And yes, I have quite a few on my Z30. Some of them are great backgrounds.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    10-16-15 07:24 PM
    I think maybe you don't know what a render is.

Posted via CB10
    I know what a render is. I just can't see why anybody or anyone would go out their way to make a render with the Watermark PIN. Makes no sense to do so. I feel that BlackBerry either has plans on releasing one or this may be an unreleased version that will never see the light of day just like the Bold Touch device we saw awhile back. http://m.crackberry.com/tag/blackberry-bold-touch

Or the Storm 2 running OS 6 http://www.berryreporter.com/more-bl...-blackberry-6/
    But then again these just might be "renders"
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kryngle; 10-16-15 at 08:31 PM.
    astrodan13 and z3user like this.
    10-16-15 08:17 PM
    I know what a render is. I just can't see why anybody or anyone would go out their way to make a render with the Watermark PIN. Makes no sense to do so. I feel that BlackBerry either has plans on releasing one or this may be an unreleased version that will never see the light of day just like the Bold Touch device we saw awhile back. http://m.crackberry.com/tag/blackberry-bold-touch

Or the Storm 2 running OS 6 http://www.berryreporter.com/more-bl...-blackberry-6/
    But then again these just might be "renders"
    Posted via CB10
    There's a difference. Those aren't renders, they're actual physical devices. The Priv with BlackBerry 10 is clearly a virtual image created in photo shop or similar software, aka a render. This render is not made by BlackBerry and as such is not an indication of what may or may not be in Waterloo. Could a BlackBerry 10 device variant exist internally? Sure. Is this render proof of it? Hel l no.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 10:12 PM
    There's a difference. Those aren't renders, they're actual physical devices. The Priv with BlackBerry 10 is clearly a virtual image created in photo shop or similar software, aka a render. This render is not made by BlackBerry and as such is not an indication of what may or may not be in Waterloo. Could a BlackBerry 10 device variant exist internally? Sure. Is this render proof of it? Hel l no.

Posted via CB10
    I would like to know how it is different? I see a Storm 2 with OS6 just as how I see the Priv with OS10. The Storm 2 with os6 never seen the light of day but I believe it exist just as how I see the Priv with OS10. I'm looking at this the exact same way I'm looking at the Bold Touch and Storm 2 with OS6.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 07:39 AM
    I would like to know how it is different?
    This render is not made by BlackBerry and as such is not an indication of what may or may not be in Waterloo.
    10-17-15 10:38 AM
    I would like to know how it is different? I see a Storm 2 with OS6 just as how I see the Priv with OS10. The Storm 2 with os6 never seen the light of day but I believe it exist just as how I see the Priv with OS10. I'm looking at this the exact same way I'm looking at the Bold Touch and Storm 2 with OS6.

Posted via CB10
    Dude, if I take a picture of you with a horn on your head, you probably have a horn. If I create a render of you with a horn on your head, it proves nothing. As for the watermark, who knows if the person who did the render lifted the UI from another image that had a watermark and set it on a Priv drawing. The only thing we do know, is that a rendering proves nothing.

On a side note, I personally would not be surprised if they set BB10 up on Priv hardware at one time or other, and for some reason or other. I'm not trying to pick on you, I'm only pointing out the truth that a render proves nothing.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 12:31 PM
    In my opinion it's a SMART MOVE !

Only ONE device declined to two operating systems.

Everyone and his mothers knows that BB10 guys aren't going Android with Priv so BlackBerry it's allowing everybody moving to this new device...

10-18-15 05:22 PM
112 ... 345