I love my Classic and Passport but find that I now need a few apps which are incompatible. I recently bought a Samsung J1 6, which is a very cheap Android device with very limited storage. Every time I attempt to install a new app and older one has to be purged to make space.

I was wondering if a Priv could satisfy my needs and replace all three phones. The Samsung drives me crazy coming from BB10. Is the Priv a regular Android or has it some smoother Blackberry additions? I should add that a Key1 or 2 is beyond my budget.
    Many thanks, David.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-18 02:27 AM
    I have k1 and k2 but still use Priv as my daily.

coming from a Classic and Passport, the Priv will satisfy you in every aspect, except PKB and battery.

some will say it is outdated bla bla bla.

for your budget the Priv is the way to go, but it would be a great Idea to look after some posts in the forum and convince yourself
    bqik likes this.
    08-19-18 02:33 AM
    OK, what is your budget exactly?

Used KEYones are getting pretty cheap and it's a better buy than the Priv, especially battery and speed wise.
    08-19-18 05:11 AM
    That sounds like a good idea. Is the call audio as good on the Key1? I am hard of hearing and recall a reviewer commenting on the Priv's clear call quality.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-18 05:34 AM
    That sounds like a good idea. Is the call audio as good on the Key1? I am hard of hearing and recall a reviewer commenting on the Priv's clear call quality.

Posted via CB10
    Priv has good call quality, and so does KEY2. Some users weren't too happy with the one on the KEYone but that largely depends on location and what carrier you're on. Also, putting a case on the KEYone seems to help with call quality.
    08-19-18 05:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Best call audio > Priv by far

Just to give you an example:
    When I receive calls in my Priv in normal conditions I have to lower the volume to minimum, in K1 or K2 at least I need the volume between 50%-75%

HTH
    08-19-18 08:03 AM
    If you are concerned about having up-to-date OS security patches, you should consider a KEYone or KEY2 instead.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    08-19-18 08:20 AM
    if you want to have the full screen, go with priv. the pkb was miserable at first but got better as it "broke in" and also me getting used to the slightly cramped keyboard (compared to the Q10 I came from).
    08-19-18 10:19 PM