Some quick thoughts from a motox original user.

I've been following the bb10 saga closely. I almost jumped in during z10 q10 times before deciding to go to the motox from my iphone3g

The motox is a brilliant phone but I've continued lusting after some of the features of the bb10 devices like the hub and the physical keyboard. The capacitive kb on passport just kicked it up another notch.

But there was no way I was going to suffer going 'non standard' after reading all the drama with bbos7 playbook bbos10 and the windows phone. Bad developer support is bad.

So like most people I tucked into one of the two main ecosystems and am pretty happy in Android world....

However.

I'm due for an upgrade in October. And the slider, or *maybe* a passport running near stock lollipop with the bb experience suite AND the capacitive kb is killer. An android flagship that is really different. Really really different.

Even just being able to snap open the phone and use the kb to scroll stuff while not covering the screen will be brilliant. This phone will be very well received by the Android community.

I took a look at the post on Android Police about the latest leak images and the comments are fantastic.

If the carriers market it, and BB markets it... And you might even see Google push it.... A slider, and the passport... Maybe even a classic all in the Android space could be a very interesting entry that is very different from everything else out there.

Either way if Rogers carries it I'm in. I even had to go mess with an edge6 to see if the curve bugged me. Nope.

Here's one ex iPhone Android user that's ready to buy his first BlackBerry.
    Last edited by MichaelBlackbourn; 08-19-15 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Typos yo
    08-19-15 10:47 AM
    I have seen a number of post from people that really miss the slide out keyboard of the Droid. And Samsung made those attachable keyboards because they felt there was some demand for it.... But apparently not enough to make a QWERTY device.

Android + Slide out Keyboard + Carrier Support + Competitive Pricing + Marketing (spend some of the $3 Billion) = might could equal at least a turn in sales.
    08-19-15 11:04 AM
    I liked the LG sliders years back. And loved the Palm Pre. I'm going to seriously consider the BB slider if I can get BB10 on it.
    08-19-15 11:18 AM
    All this makes a lot of sense.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 07:32 PM
    I'm with you there, OP.

Pretty much. It's an enhanced all-touch and a step away from the usual, already kind of boring slab paradigm. Plus, we're expecting some BlackBerry specific OS enhancements and features, right... ? :-)

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    08-19-15 07:50 PM
    I'm sure the experience suite will be free for slider buyers and there will be an option somewhere to activate it all.
    08-19-15 09:46 PM