I could take or leave trackpad navigation for opening apps and scrolling through web pages but I chose to use the Classic because I missed the trackpad for editing messages. For anyone who doesn't miss it, they are either fine with the compromise or they don't really understand the primary function of the trackpad. It's for editing text, not playing Candy Crush!!!
    I was a diehard BBOS user for years, so I completely understand where you're coming from.

For selecting, dragging, and fine control, I actually find the capacitive keyboard to be a worthy option.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    ayngling likes this.
    09-17-15 01:13 PM
    are we sure that this device doesn't have a micro sd slot? I couldn't care less about trackpad, and while i can forgive a non replaceable battery, i need a sd card slot.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    09-17-15 01:15 PM
    are we sure that this device doesn't have a micro sd slot? I couldn't care less about trackpad, and while i can forgive a non replaceable battery, i need a sd card slot.
    A picture was posted earlier showing the SD slot.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-17-15 01:16 PM
    That is a really good high-res image of the slider when it first appeared. Where was this when everyone else was posting the blurry crap? On that image it really looks like that device was just shining a back-light through an image, and that it was not a functional UI.
    09-17-15 01:18 PM
    ok thanks. Someone in here mentioned it didnt and i could've swore i saw a picture of it.
    09-17-15 01:21 PM
    You mean pointing out some of the advantages of Android and certain phones with a removable battery?

Look I can bash android all you want and state how superior bb10 but I won't. Android has its faults and yes TouchWiz is ugly as hell and those rain droplet sound effects when touching the screen is annoying but, I'm not delusional here. I'll continue to inform people of the advantages and disadvantages of Android phones, especially now that this section of crackberry is an android section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    And the nice thing about customisation is you don't have you use touchwiz (use a launcher) and that sound effect is merely a setting.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-17-15 01:23 PM
    And the nice thing about customisation is you don't have you use touchwiz (use a launcher) and that sound effect is merely a setting.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I use Nova Launcher and disable those rain droplets. I'm just pointing out some things I don't like about my note 4 so I don't seem one sided.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-17-15 01:33 PM
    BlackBerry is moving forward not backwards.
    With a slider???
    09-17-15 02:44 PM
    With a slider???
    Yep....a slider with all the missing links
    09-17-15 03:08 PM
    Trackpad in BB10 is amazing in the web browser, but I hardly use it anywhere else, so it's not a deal breaker.
    I also don't care for removable battery.
    What pisses me off, though, is that no phones (Except for Classic) have the yes/no buttons anymore.
    If I can slide the slider open to answer a call, it's good enough, but if not, I sure won't buy it - I'll keep using the Classic until it dies and then import some flip phone from Asia.
    "swipe to answer" is the stupidest invention in mobile phones usability since that one idiotic nokia phone with no buttons and just scroll wheel to input text.
    09-17-15 09:42 PM
    Sure, let's bring back the track ball while we are at it
    BB Slider - No trackpad and removeable battery - dealbreaker?-crackberry-image-22-.jpg
    09-17-15 10:16 PM
    Lol believe me, Android people do NOT want a trackpad lol. That's like saying, bring a land line telephone back

Posted via CB10
    Back from where? I never dumped my land line. Home nor office.
    09-18-15 12:57 AM
    I like the fact that as a battery ages I can replace it for cheap. Old batteries don't hold their charge quite like a new one.

I'd take a little extra bulk for a removable battery ANY day.
    Another reason to have removable batteries is if the USB port gets damaged you don't have an expensive paperweight. I would only consider a sealed Android battery phone if it was waterproof and that is a real advantage since sometimes people use their phone in the rain and snow and having everything waterproof is a real benefit, much more than just simple thinness.
    Kennedy.L likes this.
    09-18-15 01:06 AM
    Another reason to have removable batteries is if the USB port gets damaged you don't have an expensive paperweight. I would only consider a sealed Android battery phone if it was waterproof and that is a real advantage since sometimes people use their phone in the rain and snow and having everything waterproof is a real benefit, much more than just simple thinness.
    The Galaxy S5 has a removable battery, SD card slot AND is water resistant

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 07:13 AM
    Agreed.

I must have:

1. Hub functionality (so no Android/Windows other will do)
    2. Removable battery (must - 1 charging on the desk, 1 spare, 1 at home)
    3. Preferably BB 10 OS - although it lacks certain apps like City Mapper (requires google play etc) etc which is annoying
    4. Dual sim - and card slot, this should be standard IMHO
    5. 4G

I will not buy an android device (this needs to be rooted and you can't get anything installed without having the addition task for managing the battery: not something I have time or interest in).

Passport looks good, the fixed battery is a major turn off (capacity that can run out is not acceptable and the increased risk of being spied on are insurmountable objections to this device).

I am currently using 2 Z10 BBS - not bad but battery life is a bit limited to say the least.
    Last edited by MrPizza; 09-18-15 at 07:40 AM.
    09-18-15 07:25 AM
    The Galaxy S5 has a removable battery, SD card slot AND is water resistant
    That makes it a GREAT hardware device. Too bad it run's android.
    09-18-15 07:40 AM
    In total agreement: the Galaxy S5 with BB10 on and the Hub would make a killer phone (just need to fix the apps issue and get people to make better and readily available .bar files) and it is a home run !

I really can't see why BB can't figure out the requirements of its business users: it is not like it is rocket science !

In addition, the price point is not even the issue: makes no difference if the BB costs 300 � or 500 � for a real business user (provided all that aforementioned functionality is present in the device).

And let's face it, a decent camera with stabiliser and larger (5 inch maybe) screen would be strongly preferred ...

I really can't see why BB is not getting it !
    09-18-15 07:48 AM
    That makes it a GREAT hardware device. Too bad it run's android.
    Different likes for everyone bro, what's nice about android phones is in most cases the international versions are easily customisable (leaner roms, cyanogenmod etc).

Imo the phone most ready out of the box is BB10 I don't need an application for a file manager or a media player or a browser or an email client etc for everyday use.

O and the S5 has a USB 3.0 port One.of the only 2 mainstream phones so far.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-18-15 07:49 AM
    (just need to fix the apps issue and get people to make better and readily available .bar files)
    I feel a lot of people wildly underestimate how difficult this is. Convincing developers around the world to build apps for multiple platforms and maintain them.

It is really, really hard. I am founder/CEO of a startup with an iOS and an Android app, and despite my love for BlackBerry I still haven't been able to justify to my investors the cost to put it on Amazon.

(In my spare time I am building a native app, but I only do that on off-hours.)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-18-15 08:00 AM
94 ... 234