Are we still talking about this? Trackpad is useless and looks awful, replaceable battery is also useless. Get over it
    LamarStarr likes this.
    09-16-15 04:52 PM
    I would have loved for it to have a removable battery and a track pad , but It's not a deal breaker. Honestly I think a track pad would have been a big hit with android people. It would harken back to the trackball on the og nexus.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 04:55 PM
    As it has been said, it simply wouldn't make any sense on Android. A trackpad made sense back in the time when they built the OS around the trackpad, not vice versa.

And as for the battery, I personally never cared. I have enough access to power outlets that I don't need to switch batteries. As long as my phone can make it through a long day, I'm okay with it. Removable batteries are a disappearing thing anyway and I rather have a thinner device instead of it.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 05:01 PM
    I would rather have two smaller easily replaceable batteries than one large one that is only 1.5 as big as the smaller one. Maybe even 1.7 times. I just love swapping out my Q10 battery while everyone else is looking for a charger.
    A bigger battery means you won't be needing to charge it so often and for example, if you work at an office there will be a charger, if you drive theres a charger and if you are home there will be a charger.
    09-16-15 05:11 PM
    Lol believe me, Android people do NOT want a trackpad lol. That's like saying, bring a land line telephone back

Posted via CB10
    crester likes this.
    09-16-15 05:25 PM
    A bigger battery means you won't be needing to charge it so often and for example, if you work at an office there will be a charger, if you drive theres a charger and if you are home there will be a charger.
    Yes, hence me saying up to 1.7 times. Any less than than and I'd rather have smaller rechargeable batteries. More than that and I think I'd rather go for a large one.

I think my case is a bit special though. I hear people say the Passport lasts them a day and a half, mine only lasts half a day, maybe slightly more. Same with the Q10, I need two charges to get me through a normal work day. Which is totally fine for the Q10, but more hassle with the Passport.

I hear what you are saying, but I am in and out of lots of meetings, presentations, talking or writing an email to people while I walk to the next meeting, etc. Being a wall-hugger is not really a good option for me. (I guess I will get an external battery.)
    09-16-15 05:25 PM
    There is another concern too- the sd card- ever since Android 4.2 I think (it might be a higher ver. of 4.x) Android will not write to an SD card. The reason is that SD cards are MUCH cheaper than internal memory- and Google (in conjunction with the manufacturers) want users to spend more to get more memory in the phone itself. Thus, they will not allow writing to an SD card- they are read only- so will Blackberry be participating in that scam ?
    09-16-15 05:39 PM
    There is another concern too- the sd card- ever since Android 4.2 I think (it might be a higher ver. of 4.x) Android will not write to an SD card. The reason is that SD cards are MUCH cheaper than internal memory- and Google (in conjunction with the manufacturers) want users to spend more to get more memory in the phone itself. Thus, they will not allow writing to an SD card- they are read only- so will Blackberry be participating in that scam ?
    The leaks show a SD card slot. And of course Android can write to them. They can even run apps off them.

Attachment 371691

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Last edited by conite; 09-16-15 at 07:13 PM.
    09-16-15 05:40 PM
    Non-removable battery + Full Android on a Blackberry = Two major turn offs for me.
    Great, why don't you head over to the BB10 forum then? ^^

Posted via CB10
    crester likes this.
    09-16-15 05:46 PM
    Yes, hence me saying up to 1.7 times. Any less than than and I'd rather have smaller rechargeable batteries. More than that and I think I'd rather go for a large one.

I think my case is a bit special though. I hear people say the Passport lasts them a day and a half, mine only lasts half a day, maybe slightly more. Same with the Q10, I need two charges to get me through a normal work day. Which is totally fine for the Q10, but more hassle with the Passport.

I hear what you are saying, but I am in and out of lots of meetings, presentations, talking or writing an email to people while I walk to the next meeting, etc. Being a wall-hugger is not really a good option for me. (I guess I will get an external battery.)
    I have about 5 emails, 2 BBM groups, 5 whatsapp groups and I still get more than a days worth from a charge.

Consistent usage along with music when I hit the gym and in the car.

Mostly on the road if not the office.
    09-16-15 05:47 PM
    I have about 5 emails, 2 BBM groups, 5 whatsapp groups and I still get more than a days worth from a charge.

Consistent usage along with music when I hit the gym and in the car.

Mostly on the road if not the office.
    Nice, I wish it was the same for me.
    09-16-15 05:53 PM
    They're just following market trends - basically everyone who uses a smartphone seem to be fine without a non-removable battery and trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 05:56 PM
    Nice, I wish it was the same for me.
    Do you use android apps?

What os?
    09-16-15 06:05 PM
    Why don't you try posting when you know what you are talking about? You CAN write to SD Cards with Android.
    09-16-15 06:20 PM
    Why don't you try posting when you know what you are talking about? You CAN write to SD Cards with Android.
    Go research what happened after 4.3. It is possible since the manufacturers modified the OS but afaik the first few builds of 4.4.x broke writing to SD.
    Though can easily do it with root also.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 06:31 PM
    I don't see why they would have an SD card slot on the slider if it served no real purpose. Waste of money no?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 06:37 PM
    Do you use android apps?

What os?
    I got the Q10 when it came out, and the Passport when it was released. I cannot remember a specific time when it started being this way, I feel it has been like this since I first started running sideloaded android apps, if not earlier.

I am pretty much always on the latest update and yes, I use andoid apps, mainly Skype (man I wish it was integrated into the hub), HipChat (via snap), and Spotify, occasionally Instagram (via snap) and Pinterest.
    09-16-15 10:09 PM
    Are we still talking about this? Trackpad is useless and looks awful, replaceable battery is also useless. Get over it
    Slow down there Timmy.. Trackball useless? Okay. Replaceable battery useless? Absolutely not.

I'll give you a quick little example. I might take a trip on my motorcycle, I use Google maps, I also pair the phone to my helmet so I can listen to music via Bluetooth. I put phone in pocket. I ride a long time, phone will eventually be low, I swap battery, back at 100.

Say it's Friday, I'm at work, work is rather chaotic so I'm using my phone for multiple phone calls, browsing the web etc. I work my 9 to 5 and as soon as I get off work I get a text from my buddies saying they want to meet up for some drinks straight after work. Uh oh.. With all those phone calls and Web browsing and playing games while on the toilet, my phone is down to say.. I don't know let's say 30 percent. Phew good thing I have that replaceable battery let me just swap em our real quick. 30 seconds later I'm back at 100.

And don't give me that external battery pack excuse those things are bulky and they take time to actually charge the phone. Oh look.
    BB Slider - No trackpad and removeable battery - dealbreaker?-uploadfromtaptalk1442460409036.jpg

My phone is at 19 percent good thing I already have another battery already on the charger.

With all that being said, a physical keyboard is more important to me than anything else. I can deal with this phone not having a removable battery, hell I'd even be okay with no SD card.. As long as I can get that physical keyboard with android.

Oh look, I'm back at 100 percent now.. Gotta love those removable batteries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Toodeurep, Plazmic Flame and allwi like this.
    09-16-15 10:27 PM
    Do you use android apps?

What os?
    Today I chose to use my Passport. I got up four hours and thirty minutes ago, disconnected from the charger, have not used any android apps, but is now at 50% battery.

I was even on a flight for a little less than an hour (OSL+ to ARN).

How you guys can last a whole day I have no idea.
    09-17-15 02:15 AM
    BB Slider - No trackpad and removeable battery - dealbreaker?-1vmhbep.jpg

Posted via CB10
    MC_A_DOT, Mikey_NNG and Carjackd like this.
    09-17-15 02:28 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1vmhbep.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	371743

Posted via CB10
    +This

1 step forwards .....2 steps back.
    09-17-15 03:14 AM

Don't give in so easily, the replaceable battery is better than carrying a cord and plug around hoping there is either a USB port or a wall plug nearby. It will be years before it is a standard to supply your customers with power for their devices, I know, I manufacture the furniture it would be installed in. And don't forget when you are away from civilization for a bit...
    ayngling and markus2107 like this.
    09-17-15 05:06 AM
    +This

1 step forwards .....2 steps back.
    So, a modern device is the one step forward and the lack of track pad and a non-removable battery are the 2 steps back. Got it!
    09-17-15 05:07 AM
    I don't see why they would have an SD card slot on the slider if it served no real purpose. Waste of money no?

Posted via CB10
    But it does serve a purpose. If you can't write apps to your SD card, you can put everything else (pictures, videos, music, documents, etc) on the SD card so that the phone's storage space is maximized for app installation.

You can make 32GB of internal storage go very far if you don't have all of your extra stuff installed on it.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    09-17-15 05:15 AM
    Slow down there Timmy.. Trackball useless? Okay. Replaceable battery useless? Absolutely not.

I'll give you a quick little example. I might take a trip on my motorcycle, I use Google maps, I also pair the phone to my helmet so I can listen to music via Bluetooth. I put phone in pocket. I ride a long time, phone will eventually be low, I swap battery, back at 100.

Say it's Friday, I'm at work, work is rather chaotic so I'm using my phone for multiple phone calls, browsing the web etc. I work my 9 to 5 and as soon as I get off work I get a text from my buddies saying they want to meet up for some drinks straight after work. Uh oh.. With all those phone calls and Web browsing and playing games while on the toilet, my phone is down to say.. I don't know let's say 30 percent. Phew good thing I have that replaceable battery let me just swap em our real quick. 30 seconds later I'm back at 100.

And don't give me that external battery pack excuse those things are bulky and they take time to actually charge the phone. Oh look.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1442460409036.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	371717

My phone is at 19 percent good thing I already have another battery already on the charger.

With all that being said, a physical keyboard is more important to me than anything else. I can deal with this phone not having a removable battery, hell I'd even be okay with no SD card.. As long as I can get that physical keyboard with android.

Oh look, I'm back at 100 percent now.. Gotta love those removable batteries.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...9b22867d36.jpg
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    When will you finally stop your Samsung spam?

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-17-15 05:15 AM
94 1234