Now I think of it, I haven't read anyone complaining yet that the new slider does not have a trackpad like the old slider (=BB Torch 9800) had? Nobody who said that they're gonna wait for the Silder II.
    Why is this (and the fact that the battery isn't removeable) all of a sudden not a complain-worthy issue like it (=lack of trackpad) was for many Q10 users? Just curious to know. I mean, I'm not gonna wait for the Slider II (if it ever comes out that is), but I sure would have liked having both aspects on the upcoming Slider.

The old slider....
    BB Slider - No trackpad and removeable battery - dealbreaker?-371380d1442332376t-slider-spotted-toronto-film-festival-img_20150915_175233_hdr.jpg
    delgadom and acovey like this.
    09-16-15 09:56 AM
    Now I think of it, I haven't read anyone complaining yet that the new slider does not have a trackpad like the old slider (=BB Torch 9800) had? Nobody who said that they're gonna wait for the Silder II.
    Why is this (and the fact that the battery isn't removeable) all of a sudden not a complain-worthy issue like it (=lack of trackpad) was for many Q10 users? Just curious to know. I mean, I'm not gonna wait for the Slider II (if it ever comes out that is), but I sure would have liked having both aspects on the upcoming Slider.

The old slider....
    How would a trackpad function on Android? It wasn't great on BB10 either for that matter. It's a relic to ages past.

Removable batteries have also disappeared for the most part from modern smartphones. The mechanisms are prone to failure (eventual wearing of contacts causing random restarts), and add bulk to the device. For the extreme users, power packs are now easily avaiable and affordable.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Last edited by conite; 09-16-15 at 10:45 AM.
    09-16-15 10:10 AM
    From what I hear about the Slider is that it will have the touch sensitive Keyboard like the Passport, which has a semi Trackpad functionality. The only reason I love the trackpad on my older BBOS phones(i.e. 9900) was that I could easily hold down the Shift key, swipe through a list and highlight emails, text messages, files, paragraphs or whatever I needed to select and then delete, copy, paste, move, or whatever I needed to do with out having to use Select More and then tapping several hundred times or scrolling or holding a pin to position it. I am hoping the slider has that functionality again. The passport des not have a dedicated Shift key so it's not possible. The interface doesn't really allow for this sort of selection, but I am hopeful they will come up with something.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-16-15 10:21 AM
    BlackBerry is moving forward not backwards.
    delgadom and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-16-15 10:36 AM
    A trackpad is great if you have a small screen, I won't miss my Classics trackpad when switching to the Slider.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:37 AM
    Please not track pads. That would be horrible.

A replaceable battery would be nice but as long as I can get through a long day I'm ok.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    ayngling likes this.
    09-16-15 10:38 AM
    not having a removable battery shouldn't be a dealbreaker....it isn't in the Z30s.
    09-16-15 10:40 AM
    Removable battery not an issue. The missing trackpad, not an issue... The Slider's design, however (and NO not referring to its' OS) is hideous... I never liked Sliders... Wasn't touched by the Torch. Not at all moved by this thing in the slightest...

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    09-16-15 12:41 PM
    Ahh! Progress! Change is good!

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.1.2744 on AT&T
    09-16-15 12:47 PM
    If there never is another keyboard-trackpad removable smartphone ever released then is still a deal breaker if the is no other deal?
    09-16-15 12:53 PM
    Not having a removable battery is not a good way to go forward, all those excuses about contact trouble etc are not a good excuse for it imo. Though I'd love if the battery is as easily replaceable on the slider as it is on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    09-16-15 01:17 PM
    Not having a removable battery is not a good way to go forward, all those excuses about contact trouble etc are not a good excuse for it imo. Though I'd love if the battery is as easily replaceable on the slider as it is on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I love my Q10, I use it so much I burn though two batteries every workday. Being able to change batteries is awesome. I assume you meant Z10 though, right? The battery on the Z30 isn't replaceable.
    dmlis likes this.
    09-16-15 01:22 PM
    How would a trackpad function on Android? It wasn't great on BB10 either for that matter. It's a relic to ages past.

Removable batteries have also disappeared for the most part from modern smartphones. The mechanisms are prone to failure (eventual wearing of contacts causing random restarts), and add bulk to the device. For the extreme users, power packs are now easily avaiable and affordable.

You do know Android support mouse input, right?

For starters if it can emulate a mouse in say Citrix Receiver, that would be awesome. You have a keyboard AND a mouse, for remote desktop. Other times use it as a trackpad for scrolling with one hand in the browser, or as navigation keys (yes, Android has underlying API for that as well).
    Toodeurep and anon(8063781) like this.
    09-16-15 02:02 PM
    Provided that the OS is properly optimized for the hardware and no stupid bloatware (I'm looking at you, Amazon shopping app), fixed battery is fine. Classic has a fixed battery, I have no trouble getting through a whole day with extensive usage, up until 10.3.2.2224, which literally killed it and I had to use my external.

Trackpad, I'll wait and see. Given the tall height of the slider the trackpad would be nice, but some rumours have been saying that the keyboard might be touch sensitive, so if that can be used for scrolling it should be OK.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-16-15 02:05 PM
    Non-removable battery + Full Android on a Blackberry = Two major turn offs for me.
    Toodeurep, dmlis and acovey like this.
    09-16-15 03:19 PM
    Non-removable battery + Full Android on a Blackberry = Two major turn offs for me.
    Blackberry Device Division shutting down on the back of BB10 = bigger turn off for me.

At this point, I'll take what I can get.

09-16-15 03:23 PM
    I can't get thru the whole day. But close.

09-16-15 03:48 PM
    I love my Q10, I use it so much I burn though two batteries every workday. Being able to change batteries is awesome. I assume you meant Z10 though, right? The battery on the Z30 isn't replaceable.
    What I mean to say is that the Z30 eventhough it's sealed the fixibility ("ifixit rating") is imo (as I have done it) very easy if you got the replacement part and a t5 torx(?) screwdriver. I'm talking in terms of the camera, earpiece speaker, battery and screen. Some phones I've read from other manufacturers have glue and tape and are practically unfixable on ones one without soldering.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 03:59 PM
    What I mean to say is that the Z30 eventhough it's sealed the fixibility ("ifixit rating") is imo (as I have done it) very easy if you got the replacement part and a t5 torx(?) screwdriver. I'm talking in terms of the camera, earpiece speaker, battery and screen. Some phones I've read from other manufacturers have glue and tape and are practically unfixable on ones one without soldering.

Posted via CB10
    Aha, cool
    09-16-15 04:15 PM
    Get with the times , inorder to make bigger batteries , there will not be anymore removable ones.
    09-16-15 04:15 PM
    Get with the times , inorder to make bigger batteries , there will not be anymore removable ones.
    I would rather have two smaller easily replaceable batteries than one large one that is only 1.5 as big as the smaller one. Maybe even 1.7 times. I just love swapping out my Q10 battery while everyone else is looking for a charger.
    Toodeurep and dmlis like this.
    09-16-15 04:23 PM
    I would rather have two smaller easily replaceable batteries than one large one that is only 1.5 as big as the smaller one. Maybe even 1.7 times. I just love swapping out my Q10 battery while everyone else is looking for a charger.
    And I'll keep using my phone with a power pack while you are waiting for yours to reboot.

tufcustomer likes this.
    09-16-15 04:27 PM
    The Passport has a non removable battery and not once have I got even close to running out of juice and I hammer this phone pretty hard. The battery is just immense.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and dejanh like this.
    09-16-15 04:35 PM
    And I'll keep using my phone with a power pack while you are waiting for yours to reboot.

I guess I just don't like the power pack, but yeah, the reboot is a bit annoying. I with it could stay on if I swapped the battery while I had a charger in.
    09-16-15 04:36 PM
    The Passport has a non removable battery and not once have I got even close to running out of juice and I hammer this phone pretty hard. The battery is just immense.

Posted via CB10
    The world is different today too. We have USB charge ports in airplanes, airports, restaurants, and in almost every office and car.

09-16-15 04:39 PM
94 123 ...