Dear professionals! Dear friends! Help me, please!
    I am from Russia. And I decided to buy BB Priv device (I want to replace my iPhone 6s Plus) for daily work and use at home, on the road and in office.
    For me the main things I need are convenience in typing (I use MS Office a lot, about 10 hours a day), Adobe Acrobat, etc., and also autonomy. I am working in the sphere of science, so I work with a lot of researches and databases. I need to read them, analyze, systematize. And I am also doing a lot of administrative work, that is why I always have hundreds emails every day and I should response on them very quickly, so I really work online. I also have a lot of calls and sms every day from my colleagues. I use Facebook and LinkedIn, Viber and Skype for work.
    Cons about my IPhone 6s Plus: The main problem about iOS, that it doesn't have good file manager, I always need to send mails with a lot of attachments and it is not possible with iOS. Of course, I like to watch movies in the evening when I am free of work, but iOS doesn't have utorrent.
    Pros: I love the screen of my IPhone 6s Plus. iTunes is fantastic, I have a lot of music in my playlist, so I am listening it in the car, when driving from home to work. The virtual keyboard is fantastic on iOS. I can type very quickly. Camera (I always photo documents) is great. Recorder is great too.
    So the question is, whether BB Priv will satisfy all my needs. I have red a lot about Android, that it is much better than iOS for work.
    And one more question: I saw another three devices in the market: Nexus 6P, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. Are they better or worser? What are their Pros and Cons?
    Thank You very much!
    P.S. I do not play games, I do not make videos, photos (only documents).

Best wishes,
    Viktor
    vernigorka likes this.
    12-06-15 03:31 AM
    Dear professionals! Dear friends! Help me, please!
    I am from Russia. And I decided to buy BB Priv device (I want to replace my iPhone 6s Plus) for daily work and use at home, on the road and in office.
    For me the main things I need are convenience in typing (I use MS Office a lot, about 10 hours a day), Adobe Acrobat, etc., and also autonomy. I am working in the sphere of science, so I work with a lot of researches and databases. I need to read them, analyze, systematize. And I am also doing a lot of administrative work, that is why I always have hundreds emails every day and I should response on them very quickly, so I really work online. I also have a lot of calls and sms every day from my colleagues. I use Facebook and LinkedIn, Viber and Skype for work.
    Cons about my IPhone 6s Plus: The main problem about iOS, that it doesn't have good file manager, I always need to send mails with a lot of attachments and it is not possible with iOS. Of course, I like to watch movies in the evening when I am free of work, but iOS doesn't have utorrent.
    Pros: I love the screen of my IPhone 6s Plus. iTunes is fantastic, I have a lot of music in my playlist, so I am listening it in the car, when driving from home to work. The virtual keyboard is fantastic on iOS. I can type very quickly. Camera (I always photo documents) is great. Recorder is great too.
    So the question is, whether BB Priv will satisfy all my needs. I have red a lot about Android, that it is much better than iOS for work.
    And one more question: I saw another three devices in the market: Nexus 6P, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. Are they better or worser? What are their Pros and Cons?
    Thank You very much!
    P.S. I do not play games, I do not make videos, photos (only documents).

Best wishes,
    Viktor
    1.Priv does not have a native file manager.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1048934/
    2.If you live and work in Russia and can afford an iphone 6 plus and/or have a decent job (seems like it), you should make a habit of purchasing music, books, movies etc and not illegally downloading that stuff for free.
    12-06-15 07:14 AM
    sounds like you should have the blackberry passport . It's the best phone by far for emails texts the BlackBerry Hub is amazing. But you will need the ipad mini for you music and apps the wide format of the passport is unmatched for reading documents graphs ect and typing pKB is by far the fastest tiling experience in the world

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-06-15 07:46 AM
    Any android device can be set up for business there are plenty of apps to customize to your liking.
    12-06-15 07:55 AM
    sounds like you should have the blackberry passport . It's the best phone by far for emails texts the BlackBerry Hub is amazing. But you will need the ipad mini for you music and apps the wide format of the passport is unmatched for reading documents graphs ect and typing pKB is by far the fastest tiling experience in the world

You don't need IPad for music.
    I use my Passport as a scientist every day, for at least 10-12 hours per day, as my main laptop (macbook relegated to occasional use, certainly not daily).
    I edit papers and presentations or emails, while listening to music or watching livestreaming TV.
    Yes, for some apps he may need an IPad or something else, but if he is a true scientist, nothing will match the passport for his work.
    vanrickman and Omahahaha like this.
    12-06-15 08:22 AM
    If you are using MS Office 10 hours a day on a phone, buy a tiny laptop and save about 70% of your time.
    Mobile phones are not really built for daily work. The best daily worker in the world is Passport.
    Crapshoot2010 likes this.
    12-06-15 08:46 AM
    By the way u described, u need a microsoft surface pro4 and passport, not priv or iphone
    12-06-15 08:58 AM
    Thank You very much, dear WT44!
    I always purchase music, books, movies legally in iTunes and other official stores. But in Russia we have some movies/serials which are showing on TV. It is impossible to find these films in any store. People are recording them and put on torrent tracker. I like such series. And the only place I can get them is torrent tracker.
    Many thanks.
    12-06-15 09:01 AM
    I primarily work daily on my phone and am much happier with my Priv than my Passport. I have owned a Blackberry every year a new one has come out.

I feel the Priv is the best of both worlds and you will be very happy with it for work. The Outlook app is great for work emails.

12-06-15 09:06 AM
    Thank You very much, dear Friends!
    Last December-February I had BB Passport and IPhone 6 Plus.
    I like better using IPhone 6 Plus, because:
    1) Better screen (only for movies), bigger screen. I can read more papers and other materials on IPhone. It was easier on iPhone (maybe because of the 5.5 inch screen).
    2) MS Office App is fantastic. My colleagues send me files that are made in their MS Office (Windows version). And there are no problems to make changes in document and then send it back, because this App doesn't change the format. Docs to go on BB Passport was worser than MS Office on IPhone. The text were always not the same (I mean the format of the text) in Windows version after Docs to go.
    3) Lack of Apps (I do not mean Facebook or LinkedIn, I mean that some of Russian banks have their own Apps (available in ITunes or Google play only), Russian social network App, which are very useful for me. These Apps are not available in BB 10.
    4) I can't send all my music (1 mln songs) from ITunes to BB 10.
    5) I type faster on virtual keyboard faster than on BB Passport physical keyboard. I do not know why. Maybe I need more practice.
    6) Slower browser than Safari in iOS. And browser is the first important thing that I need.

I only love these features in Passport: Hub, Mail, Attachments, File manager.
    That is why I sold my BB Passport, then 6 Plus and bought 6S Plus.

Thank You very much for Your attention.
    12-06-15 12:22 PM
    You can download a file manager for iOS just so you know. You can also send multiple attachments through email in iOS 9 (just to make you aware).
    southlander likes this.
    12-06-15 03:13 PM
    Dear Donnation!
    Thank You very much!
    I know, but file manager is not so comfortable than in BB.
    I know about attachments in IOS 9. But I always send many attachments. I can't select for example 10 applications and email them in one single gesture. For one-two it is not a problem, but for many - wasting too much time.
    12-06-15 03:20 PM
    I edit papers and presentations or emails, while listening to music or watching livestreaming TV.
    Yes, for some apps he may need an IPad or something else, but if he is a true scientist, nothing will match the passport for his work.
    I am curious. How do you edit papers while watching live streaming television on the same screen of the BlackBerry Passport? Are the applications tiled and usable for interactive work such as editing documents and video playing in another visible tile?
    12-06-15 03:39 PM
    Dear Donnation!
    Thank You very much!
    I know, but file manager is not so comfortable than in BB.
    I know about attachments in IOS 9. But I always send many attachments. I can't select for example 10 applications and email them in one single gesture. For one-two it is not a problem, but for many - wasting too much time.
    Heres what i think you should do. I think you should buy a Q10 or a Q5 and keep your iphone. Turn off email syncing on your iphone and turn it into your entertainment device. Movies, music etc.... Channel all your emails to the Q10 or the 5.

The Q10 and 5 are very cheap at the moment but are also very underrated and both have very good keyboards. I also get an influx of emails and used to use my Q5 primarily to handle that. You can always install the bittorrent client on either the 5 or the 10 and save everything to your sd card to keep your internal memory in tact

I would avoid the passport partly because the iphone 6 is already a big phone and chugging both along with you would become cumbersome. The Q10 and 5 are much lighter and easier to throw around when ur not using it.

Please keep in mind that your current phone does 80% of what you want already, dont spend unnecessary money when you only need a phone to cover 20%.

Thats my opinion.
    12-06-15 03:40 PM
    I am curious. How do you edit papers while watching live streaming television on the same screen of the BlackBerry Passport? Are the applications tiled and usable for interactive work such as editing documents and video playing in another visible tile?
    The TV stream is running in the background, of course. I watch mostly news when I work.
    But you can also do it in Workwide, side by side. I just do not like having just half the screen available for paper writing, editing and reading. I just swipe back and forth if there is anything interesting to watch on the news. Otherwise, the sound is there all the time.
    Same goes when I type this response on crackberry. BBC World News is running in the background.
    Last edited by sorinv; 12-07-15 at 01:48 AM.
    southlander likes this.
    12-06-15 04:33 PM
    You don't need IPad for music.
    I use my Passport as a scientist every day, for at least 10-12 hours per day, as my main laptop (macbook relegated to occasional use, certainly not daily).
    Dear Friend!
    I am very interested how do You use Your passport as main laptop? It is really fantastic. In which sphere of science do You work? What Apps on BB Passport do You use?
    Thank You!
    12-06-15 04:34 PM
    Thank You very much, dear Friends!
    Last December-February I had BB Passport and IPhone 6 Plus.
    I like better using IPhone 6 Plus, because:
    1) Better screen (only for movies), bigger screen. I can read more papers and other materials on IPhone. It was easier on iPhone (maybe because of the 5.5 inch screen).

I only love these features in Passport: Hub, Mail, Attachments, File manager.
    That is why I sold my BB Passport, then 6 Plus and bought 6S Plus.

Thank You very much for Your attention.
    I suppose you already know that you can connect an external HDMI 16:9 monitor to your Passport and your movies will adjust to the entire screen in 16:9 format.

Yes, the MSOFFICE files will readjust on the Passport if multiple columns documents are used. But you can make all your changes, view all the figures, see all the text and reformat later, without having to register with a cloud as you would have to with the Microsoft Office app.
    Do you not care about the confidentiality of your papers?
    Do you like having them stored somewhere on a US cloud?! I am impressed you can do that in Russia!
    12-06-15 04:49 PM
    Heres what i think you should do. I think you should buy a Q10 or a Q5 and keep your iphone. Turn off email syncing on your iphone and turn it into your entertainment device. Movies, music etc.... Channel all your emails to the Q10 or the 5.

The Q10 and 5 are very cheap at the moment but are also very underrated and both have very good keyboards. I also get an influx of emails and used to use my Q5 primarily to handle that. You can always install the bittorrent client on either the 5 or the 10 and save everything to your sd card to keep your internal memory in tact

I would avoid the passport partly because the iphone 6 is already a big phone and chugging both along with you would become cumbersome. The Q10 and 5 are much lighter and easier to throw around when ur not using it.

Please keep in mind that your current phone does 80% of what you want already, dont spend unnecessary money when you only need a phone to cover 20%.

Thats my opinion.
    Thank You very much for Your help and opinion. For me it's better to have one device on which I can work and listen to music (when I am free of work).
    For example, I use my iPhone 10 hours a day, and my laptop - 30 minutes (when I want to send a lot of attachments to my colleagues), or to write some big MS Word document, or to work with some special programs, like mathtype, spss, etc. But for the last year I did all these things at work on public PC, so my laptop is something that I really do not need.
    I thought about buying IPad Pro with Lte (typing in MS Office, email, music, social networks, films...) and BB Classic (calls, sms...), but I don't think that I really need these two devices. I think it's better to have one device. I want one device that can replace my notebook and all these things.
    Many thanks!
    12-06-15 05:12 PM
    Thank You very much for Your help and opinion. For me it's better to have one device on which I can work and listen to music (when I am free of work).
    For example, I use my iPhone 10 hours a day, and my laptop - 30 minutes (when I want to send a lot of attachments to my colleagues), or to write some big MS Word document, or to work with some special programs, like mathtype, spss, etc. But for the last year I did all these things at work on public PC, so my laptop is something that I really do not need.
    I thought about buying IPad Pro with Lte (typing in MS Office, email, music, social networks, films...) and BB Classic (calls, sms...), but I don't think that I really need these two devices. I think it's better to have one device. I want one device that can replace my notebook and all these things.
    Many thanks!
    From what you are describing, you use your phone much like I do, minus apps, but you say you type faster on the iPhone screen than on the Passport keyboard.
    In that case, the Priv's keyboard won't be of much use and the file manager and hub on the Priv are inferior to those on the Passport. I hate to say it, but you are probably better off on the iPhone.
    12-06-15 06:40 PM
    Get the Priv and customize the heck out of it... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-06-15 07:26 PM
    OP it sounds like you just need to use a laptop for what you want to do. I know that some people like editing documents on a mobile phone but why not just use a laptop and get a true experience on it where you can actually do proper editing on a larger screen?
    southlander likes this.
    12-06-15 07:37 PM
    Seriously, all that work with just a cell phone?
    Really doesn't sound right to me.
    Or professional.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 07:46 PM
    Dear Friend!
    I am very interested how do You use Your passport as main laptop? It is really fantastic. In which sphere of science do You work? What Apps on BB Passport do You use?
    Thank You!
    Hi Victor, I just wanted to let you know that in the English language, we don't say "spheres of science", instead we say "fields of science". Your grasp of the language is great, I just wanted to give you a friendly tip.

I also read everything you said, and I personally think a big screen Android phone would work the best for you. LG V10, Samsung Note 5, or the Nexus 6P.
    12-06-15 10:00 PM
    Seriously, all that work with just a cell phone?
    Really doesn't sound right to me.
    Or professional.

Posted via CB10
    I think. He explained it very well. For real math simulations he uses another computer. He only uses the passport to edit changes to papers written with co-workers. He has a laptop but prefers to use the phone for that.

I can see why.

I am travelling a lot and now I am in Japan for 4 months, with my Passport and my Macbook 12 inch. The latter I rarely use.

The science work I do is on a work PC during the day either in Windows or in linux.
    The Macbook is mostly for personal use at home and sometimes to run design software remotely back in Canada on my office Linux box, but the transPacific link is fairly slow, or at least the uplink in my mobile router is slow.

Let's just say that for my other job, I need to read, correct, and edit papers that i and my co-workers in Canada and elsewhere write together.

I use the Passport Acrobat reader and Docs to Go for that.

For example:
    I spent last Sunday in a 2-hour lineup waiting for a bus and another 1 hour lineup waiting for a cable car to go down the mountain after dark.
    Plenty of time to edit and correct two thesis chapters on my passport.

I wouldn't have hiked up the mountain with my laptop. It's much more convenient to do so with the Passport.

I also use it during train trips to Tokyo (1.5 hours each way) a couple of times at the week-end. I also read books on it, listen to music, and since I do not have English language TV in Japan, also watch BBC World News most of the time, and sometimes CBC's the National on my Passport.

I spend too little time in my rented apartment in Japan to use the Macbook 12 inch for any amount of time.

By using the Passport I can handle two science jobs very professionally and enjoy sightseeing in Japan and still be permanently up to date with the news in Canada and elsewhere.
    anon(4021844) likes this.
    12-07-15 02:04 AM
    I suppose you already know that you can connect an external HDMI 16:9 monitor to your Passport and your movies will adjust to the entire screen in 16:9 format.

Yes, the MSOFFICE files will readjust on the Passport if multiple columns documents are used. But you can make all your changes, view all the figures, see all the text and reformat later, without having to register with a cloud as you would have to with the Microsoft Office app.
    Do you not care about the confidentiality of your papers?
    Do you like having them stored somewhere on a US cloud?! I am impressed you can do that in Russia!
    My IPhone has internal memory (128gb), where I always keep my documents. I do not like to use clouds.
    No, I didn't know about connecting an external monitor to Passport. What is the difference to connect such monitor to other devices like Priv, Galaxy Note 5 or Lumia 950xl (it has special function continuum)?
    12-07-15 02:06 AM
62 123