I have two questions:

1) Buy the Priv now with Lollipop or wait until Marshmallow and some of the other issues I see on other posts get resolved i.e. - camera, creaking of keyboard, heated battery, battery life etc..

and

2) Buy unlocked from Blackberry or pay the extra $$ and go through my provider AT&T? (trying to anticipate customer service issues, i.e. if I have to return phone etc... have not bought unlocked phone but will be less expensive overall if it runs as well as my Z10)
    12-14-15 10:02 AM
    I have two questions:

1) Buy the Priv now with Lollipop or wait until Marshmallow and some of the other issues I see on other posts get resolved i.e. - camera, creaking of keyboard, heated battery, battery life etc..

and

2) Buy unlocked from Blackberry or pay the extra $$ and go through my provider AT&T? (trying to anticipate customer service issues, i.e. if I have to return phone etc... have not bought unlocked phone but will be less expensive overall if it runs as well as my Z10)
    1) If you are in a position to wait... I'd wait and see how things shake out with the PRIV. Maybe they adjust something in production that improves some of these "reported" issue. Maybe the software improves. Maybe it becomes clear if the PRIV will be a success and there will for sure be future updates for it. If you don't want to wait a month or two... then don't. Many here don't seem to have those issues.

2) Sounds like Amazon is the best route, unless you are getting a subsidy from AT&T. Returns are pretty easy - if they have a replacement in stock to send you....
    12-14-15 10:17 AM
    Thank you for the response. I do note that it seems, like most phones, it is a hit or miss on whether one experiences the "reported" problems - some real and some appear to be "personal" dislikes. I personally have never had an issue with my BB phones - the Curve, Torch or Z10 except the USB charge port on the Torch failed and the phone was replaced for free by AT&T. The opinions seem to weigh heavily in favor of the Priv - but in the end - it really is a personal choice.
    artemis-kun likes this.
    12-14-15 04:30 PM
    Your choice on waiting or not, but AT&T may sit on the update to Marshmellow for a few extra months, (or years).
    I would absolutely, NOT buy from AT&T, you will get late updates, tons of worthless extra AT&T apps, bloat/junk ware that you 'might' be able to turn off, but not delete, and you won't get any tech support. The tech guys and gals are pretty nice, but know nothing other than the basics, specially concerning Blackberry.

I'm having software issues with mine, which BB fixed for those of us who could get the updates. My hardware build is great, looking at dates and country's where the build complaints are coming from, it appears there was a bad batch, but none in the US lately, a few from smaller country's are somewhat recent.

I'm an AT&T customer, spent many many hours with their tech guys before mine was returned and I ordered one from BB.
    rmoldershaw likes this.
    12-14-15 05:11 PM
    It's been reported on here before, but Marshmallow has some issues right now with WiFi, Bluetooth, battery drain and app crashes. Also apps have to be made for Marshmallow to take advantage of its security features and most apps aren't yet. My vote would be for the Priv with Lollipop.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    12-14-15 05:16 PM
    I have two questions:

and

Wait for Marshmallow 6.0.1 then get it you can see that we are all beta right now getting app updates and system updates wait for it to mature on marshmallow unless you want to experience battery drain and other buggy deals. Other than that it is a good phone not great but just good it will not blow you away by no means so if you can wait do that, I use this and I switch my sim out every week and put it back in the nexus 6p and then back in the priv and back and forth this wouldn't happen if it was on marshmallow.
    12-14-15 08:04 PM
    Thanks - very informative about AT&T perspective
    12-15-15 08:43 AM
    Thanks for the opinion - RIP Cookie Monster.
    12-15-15 08:47 AM
    To be honest... with the app permissions on marshmallow...

If you turn off one permission on an app, some developers make their app unusable.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 09:04 AM
    It's been reported on here before, but Marshmallow has some issues right now with WiFi, Bluetooth, battery drain and app crashes. Also apps have to be made for Marshmallow to take advantage of its security features and most apps aren't yet. My vote would be for the Priv with Lollipop.

This is good to know. Thanks for pointing it out. Lollipop not looking too shabby after all.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    12-15-15 09:09 AM
    To be honest... with the app permissions on marshmallow...

If you turn off one permission on an app, some developers make their app unusable.

Posted via CB10
    I've yet to see this. And also the purported battery drain and WiFi issues. The Bluetooth problems were real, but they've been fixed with 6.0.1.

Apart from that, I agree: as most apps haven't been updated to support the new security features, there's really not much of a difference between Marshmallow and 5.1.1. and I suspect the developers aren't super keen on updating, as the ability to disable app spying is not in their best interest
    bluetroll likes this.
    12-15-15 11:20 PM
    Obviously a really late reply, i HIGHLY recommend going through Blackberry to get your phone. Why you may ask? Blackberry will push you to return your phone THROUGH your provider FIRST and only when ALL options are exhausted will they return it for you. By cutting out the middleman you can get it done much quicker.
    You will also get NO carrier bloatware (though you can disable it awesomely on the BBPRIV anyway), wireless charging, direct reports to and from blackberry, first installs of updates and you'll be in BLACKBERRY's database which will only make things EASIER if there are problems.
    01-04-16 09:45 PM
    Looks like BBShop will win this, When they push through the 6.0 I will have become somewhat familiar with the 5.1.1,
    01-04-16 10:11 PM

A great point. It would appear now that with the 5.1.1 as the base kernel, the current build (AAD250) is a pretty solid/stable one.
    01-04-16 11:58 PM
    Buy it now. It's not that important.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-05-16 07:35 PM
    Thank you for the response. I do note that it seems, like most phones, it is a hit or miss on whether one experiences the "reported" problems - some real and some appear to be "personal" dislikes. I personally have never had an issue with my BB phones - the Curve, Torch or Z10 except the USB charge port on the Torch failed and the phone was replaced for free by AT&T. The opinions seem to weigh heavily in favor of the Priv - but in the end - it really is a personal choice.
    Your nailed it, it's completely your choice. I switched from the Z10 and love the Priv.

Posted from my Priv
    01-06-16 12:19 PM