Hi All, please join me to have BlackBerry re-think and reverse their decision not to update the PRIV with Android Nougat

I think this decision has a negative impact for any newer BlackBerry phones in the future.

I also think that the CEO, Mr Chen is BlackBerry biggest problem (a lost leader with no vision) and it is time for him to resign.

It is the only hope for BlackBerry.
    anon(10218918) and vassilv like this.
    01-16-18 03:26 AM
    Absolutely interested in getting Nougat update for PRIV, and I absolutely intend to use this as my mainstream phone for a few years to come. However, no point in wasting energy and time asking for it or asking for Chen's resignation. I've made peace with it. Anyways, TCL's business is not top priority of BlackBerry anymore.
    01-16-18 03:31 AM
    Hi All, please join me to have BlackBerry re-think and reverse their decision not to update the PRIV with Android Nougat

I think this decision has a negative impact for any newer BlackBerry phones in the future.

I also think that the CEO, Mr Chen is BlackBerry biggest problem (a lost leader with no vision) and it is time for him to resign.

BlackBerry PRIV is a 2 year old device which in tech world is a lot. I have a PRIV and a KEYONE. Use both of them daily. Must say my PRIV purchased in June 2016 runs better than ever with updates received up to Oct 2017. App updates coming thru!! The difference between Marshmallow and Nougat is not huge at all. So I would rather keep my PRIV as it is and yes focus OS upgrades to KEYONE, Motion and whatever comes next.

BlackBerry is focused on a totally different strategy and it's device business being managed with Third Parties such TCL. This fantastic agreement has brought so far awesome KEYone and Motion. With 2 other devices announced for 2018!! There is NO going back but only going forward with this strategy that has resulted in BlackBerry smartphones being back in the spotlight and of course sales numbers that allow for further investment.
    Can't wait for these 2 new devices!!
    01-16-18 03:07 PM

Not happening. Blackberry priv was a dumb idea to begin with. Overpriced phone and one of the worst Blackberrys ever made. Good riddance

Posted via CB10
    pdr733 likes this.
    01-16-18 03:10 PM
    The unwise decision not to update the PRIV with Android Nougat was a stab in the back for TLC. Updating the PRIV with Android Nougat would have re-enforce "build to last".

Mr Chen has long pasted his " Sell by date". The sooner he goes BlackBerry will rise from the ashes.
    01-16-18 03:12 PM
    The unwise decision not to update the PRIV with Android Nougat was a stab in the back for TLC. Updating the PRIV with Android Nougat would have re-enforce "build to last".

Mr Chen has long pasted his " Sell by date". The sooner he goes BlackBerry will rise from the ashes.
    BlackBerry is already rising from the ashes but just not in the way you want. They have signed significant contracts and have had much better quarters.
    01-16-18 03:19 PM

JC wants to buy Tesla and close the factories to sell the window dressings...
    01-16-18 04:35 PM
    I have a priv but doubt anything will be done for it
    01-16-18 07:15 PM
    truthfully I couldn't care less about Nougat but I would have really liked to see the patches continue.

if we had gotten Nougat then 2018 would have been a year's worth of complaining that we didn't get Oreo. that's how it always goes.
    BBeast and knibbeone like this.
    01-17-18 04:37 AM
    "Oreo" would be a welcome update for the PRIV and it would reassure BlackBerry "BUILT TO LAST"

Blackberry could regain their "Trust" particularly as BlackBerry has not said the PRIV will not get "Oreo" ????
    Siren65 likes this.
    01-17-18 05:12 AM
    "Oreo" would be a welcome update for the PRIV and it would reassure BlackBerry "BUILT TO LAST"

Blackberry could regain their "Trust" particularly as BlackBerry has not said the PRIV will not get "Oreo" ????
    If they confirmed no Nougat, it goes without saying that they won't skip it and give us Oreo
    01-17-18 05:18 AM
    Miracles do happen! Wouldn't it be worldwide media frenzy BlackBerry PRIV getting "Ore" update.

What a booster sensation for "past sell date" Mr CEO Chen!
    01-17-18 05:47 AM
    Unfortunately, a CEO with his head in the sand and no "vision".

How sad for BlackBerry!
    01-17-18 05:50 AM
    Really sad, still my favourite Android mobile
    01-17-18 06:18 AM

Shareholders want Chen as CEO. BB shares went up over 60% in 2017 and he successfully exited the company from hardware. At the same time, he got a large device manufacturer to license the BB name for Android phones. Without these actions, BB the company would no longer exist and few thousand more jobs would be lost.

Besides, the hardware business really depends on customers paying money to replace their phones.
    Free updates generate no revenue or profits.

If you want more free updates, consider a different phone brand? Which brand is doing what you want?
    BBeast and knibbeone like this.
    01-17-18 06:31 AM
    The no "vision" CEO made me some $$ I bought the stock at 6.06 and now its at 17+, so you guys need to relax
    01-17-18 06:45 AM
    Miracles do happen! Wouldn't it be worldwide media frenzy BlackBerry PRIV getting "Ore" update.

What a booster sensation for "past sell date" Mr CEO Chen!
    Worldwide? I would say that most people won't care except for the very small number of people that actually bought the device.
    01-17-18 07:09 AM
    Worldwide? I would say that most people won't care except for the very small number of people that actually bought the device.
    And still use it to this day
    01-17-18 07:12 AM
    I was very close to buying one. I even had Verizon search all neighboring stores. But I ended up waiting a little longer and got the K1 instead. I think I would have really liked it, but I am glad I did make the decision I did since the PRIV is done with updates.
    01-17-18 07:16 AM
    That's not a business case to sell more phones. Also, many people that bought device like myself as new carrier devices, have moved on. BB doesn't care about people that are buying used devices in secondary and/or used markets. Those people don't generate any revenue for BB. They're cheap people buying cheap and/or used devices. This whole topic is waste of time since BB also exited the business too. It's like buying hardware from a defunct company.
    pdr733 and ck2nb like this.
    01-17-18 07:19 AM
    Perhaps we all need to take a breath. Some of us can afford any phone but don't want to shell out $1,000 for a new one. But, I think the point is it is difficult to expect major updates when someone buys a discounted phone that has been out for a while and not at the beginning when one can expect two years of support.

Regardless, perhaps getting back on topic is in order?
    01-17-18 09:03 AM
    Agree, I was just completing his sentence lol.
    BTW, in the case of the Priv specifically, I wouldn't call those interested in it to be cheap, but rather I'd view is as an ongoing interest for the only modern Android portrait slider smartphone on earth.
    I bought mine for that reason exclusively, I could have gone for a Note 8 for example.
    The day a new portrait slider comes along, then we can put the Priv to rest.
    It's not the buying of the device that I refer too as much as the entitlement complaining that it's no longer supported. If the interest had been sufficient, the device might have produced a successor. I own the 9800, 9810 and the PRIV. Not against the form.
    01-17-18 09:03 AM
    Yeah over priced products to a delusional fan base thinking they are getting top tier specs at stupid prices

Posted via CB10
    I didn't pay full price. I bought when AT&T wanted to dump it and I got a deal. The KEYone, I paid full price. I've bought the Q5 and the Z3 cheap. It's expecting support when you don't pay for its, that I call being cheap. Nobody rides free or cheap. Always trade-offs.
    knibbeone likes this.
    01-17-18 09:13 AM
    Yeah over priced products to a delusional fan base thinking they are getting top tier specs at stupid prices

Posted via CB10
    Specs are somewhat overrated. The very fact that people get so worked up about X specs for X price proves how boring the smartphone market is right now. It's saturated with slabs that all share the same form factor, therefore, there's nothing left to focus on but specs.
    However, more people than we think want a physical keyboard paired with superior battery life, and for those, no device will do the job better than a Droidberry. By more people, I mean enough that TCL/BBMo just announced not one, but two new PKB devices for 2018.
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-17-18 09:13 AM
    Specs are somewhat overrated. The very fact that people get so worked up about X specs for X price proves how boring the smartphone market is right now. It's saturated with slabs that all share the same form factor, therefore, there's nothing left to focus on but specs.
    However, more people than we think want a physical keyboard paired with superior battery life, and for those, no device will do the job better than a Droidberry. By more people, I mean enough that TCL/BBMo just announced not one, but two new PKB devices for 2018.
    Yeah so the price of the phone should match what you are getting. The priv..keyone and motion were all over priced.

Posted via CB10
    knibbeone and puffstack like this.
    01-17-18 09:22 AM
164 123 ...