A few days ago most of my contacts seem to have been deleted (about 20 random ones remain) and I don't know why? Where can I find deleted stuff? Would they be there? I use TEXTRA and now people come thru as their number & not by their name (I don't have everyones numbers memorized so hard to figure out who is sending me a text)...If they are truly "lost"... can I at least use the last .bbb file on my PC from my old BB Torch9800 and pull contacts from that? if yes how? Is there some other app that is best to use? ughhhh what a nightmare
    01-01-18 04:31 PM
    A few days ago most of my contacts seem to have been deleted (about 20 random ones remain) and I don't know why? Where can I find deleted stuff? Would they be there? I use TEXTRA and now people come thru as their number & not by their name (I don't have everyones numbers memorized so hard to figure out who is sending me a text)...If they are truly "lost"... can I at least use the last .bbb file on my PC from my old BB Torch9800 and pull contacts from that? if yes how? Is there some other app that is best to use? ughhhh what a nightmare
    Do you sync with any email account or cloud service? They might be out there somewhere? Open the Contacts app and see if you might have hidden a group (sim card or gmail or whatever) or maybe only showing certain ones?

There may be ways of extracting but in the main some of those bbb files might have been encrypted.

I can't recall if there was a way of exporting from the 9800 if you had it and could reload the backup files.
    01-01-18 08:34 PM
    Thanks FF22......I still have my BB Torch so I charged it up in hopes of doing a transfer of my contacts (albeit old date from 2016). I also had a .bbb backup file on my PC from 2016 that was done with the BB Desktop Software but couldn't find instructions anywhere over the past couple of days that I was comfortable with to do the export to my PRIV. I also couldn't get the BB Content Transfer app to download to the TORCH as one set of instructions suggested so I finally decided to add my att.net email account to the PRIV Contacts app and all the contacts (and then some) came back on my PRIV. I guess I may have synced my contacts before to that email account but I didn't recall doing that. I thought it was done originally when I transferred everything from the Torch to the PRIV. Anyway --- with that add, all the names also reappeared on the text messages I had received in place of the phone number. Soooo....I THINK I am good... it bugs me tho as to WHY this happened in the first place to cause them to disappear????? Appreciate the suggestions.
    01-01-18 11:22 PM
    Maybe your contacts are still there but simply not shown / synced properly!

A couple of days ago I found Blackberry Contacts app on my Priv not showing some of my contacts anymore (out of a sudden, didn't change any settings) .

As a workaround, I disabled the app and installed official Google Contacts app which runs without trouble.

(I don't sync with Google contacts but with Owncloud via Davdroid, but this should not make a difference as Contacts syncing is handled by Android framework).
    01-02-18 08:41 AM
    Maybe your contacts are still there but simply not shown / synced properly!

A couple of days ago I found Blackberry Contacts app on my Priv not showing some of my contacts anymore (out of a sudden, didn't change any settings) .

As a workaround, I disabled the app and installed official Google Contacts app which runs without trouble.

(I don't sync with Google contacts but with Owncloud via Davdroid, but this should not make a difference as Contacts syncing is handled by Android framework).
    I am having a similar issue. I just recently purchased a Priv. I did the transfer process from my old phone, but I cannot find many of my contacts until they call or text me. I also cannot find my sim contacts. Help.
    03-21-18 11:25 AM