Hi there,

I got a Priv some days ago, it's old, it's working and it's still a great phone.

My daily phone probably will remain the Key2, I really hoped that there wil come a successor from OnwardMobility, but that's history :-(

Now I'm looking for the Priv Leather Smart Flip Case, unfortunately it's out of stock everywhere and even used it's not available within the EU. Any idea where to get it for an acceptable price, new or used, black or brown?

Thanks a lot,

kind regards,

thg
    02-20-22 06:27 PM
    Check ali express. Use PayPal for payments.
    02-21-22 09:55 AM
    Hi,

thanks for the hint, I was looking there, but at least they do not have the original one.

And I'm not sure, if I'm willing to pay 30 to 60 EUR for a leather flip case, where I'm not sure that it fits and if the quality is good enough and probably it's quite difficult (or makes no sense) to return the case to china.

Thanks a lot,

regards thg
    02-22-22 05:40 PM
    Hi everybody,

so finally I got a not that cheap plastic-leather flipcase from China.

The Priv fit's quite well in this case, unfortunately it's not usable, because I can not unlock it :-(

It always tells me to open the case to unlock it, probably there is a magnet at the wrong position :-(

So any other idea, preferable from Europe?

I have a nice Kalibri leather flipcase for my Key2, it's also available for many other smartphones, but not for the Priv.

I could use such a flipcase for my Priv, if I would find a model with more or less the same size (148 x 78 x 9 mm) and camera hole in the middle, I just had to replace the inner fitting smartphone-case. The one for the Key2 unfortunately is to small (only 72 mm).

Any idea which widely available smartphone would have similar dimensions?

Thanks a lot,

regards thg
    rebecca58 likes this.
    03-11-22 01:45 PM
    Hi everybody,

so finally I got a not that cheap plastic-leather flipcase from China.

The Priv fit's quite well in this case, unfortunately it's not usable, because I can not unlock it :-(

It always tells me to open the case to unlock it, probably there is a magnet at the wrong position :-(

So any other idea, preferable from Europe?

I have a nice Kalibri leather flipcase for my Key2, it's also available for many other smartphones, but not for the Priv.

I could use such a flipcase for my Priv, if I would find a model with more or less the same size (148 x 78 x 9 mm) and camera hole in the middle, I just had to replace the inner fitting smartphone-case. The one for the Key2 unfortunately is to small (only 72 mm).

Any idea which widely available smartphone would have similar dimensions?

Thanks a lot,

regards thg
    I have the same issue with the case I bought from Aliexpress. I am so disappointed. Any way to disable the fact that the screen is dark and can't be unlocked?

Sent from my STV100-4 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-25-22 05:54 AM
    Couldn't you just find the magnet in the case and remove it, or disable it by placing a small piece of sheet steel between the magnet and the Priv?
    rebecca58 likes this.
    03-26-22 10:44 PM
    Couldn't you just find the magnet in the case and remove it, or disable it by placing a small piece of sheet steel between the magnet and the Priv?
    probably not, because it's inside and under the smartphone holder, that is glued into the case :-(

Other question, does anybody knows this shop?
    https://compratodousa.com/blackberry...ackaging-black

They say, that they have the original flip case on stock, for a very reasonable price.

Another would be this one:
    https://www.pdair.com/blackberry-pri...-orange-stitch

The case looks good too, I already tried to contact them, but they do not answer.

Thanks a lot,

kind regards,

thg
    03-30-22 12:04 PM
    I trie putting a piece of clothing but it doesn't work.

04-01-22 07:58 AM
    Thank you for this, I am also looking for one.
    04-08-22 04:59 AM
    I trie putting a piece of clothing but it doesn't work.

Clothing won't work. Has to be iron or steel to block the magnetic field.
    04-16-22 08:51 PM