I have a Priv purchased in late 2015. About 4 days ago I downloaded an Android update and the phone died after the reboot/install command. I waited, tried to restart it, tried the power button/volume down reboot. Nothing. I took it to the dealer, they confirmed that it was dead and since I hadn`t paid for the extended warranty there was nothing they could do. If I wanted I could send it in for repairs at my cost, or buy out my plan and get a new phone.

On this forum someone mentioned leaving it for a few days and try again. This morning it started up after I used the power button/volume down option and all was good. Old messages came through, app updates were done, then it wanted to do an Android update. I don`t know if it was the same as a few days ago or not. Once it got to the reboot/install step, it died again. Now unresponsive.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    05-07-17 08:53 AM
    I have a Priv purchased in late 2015. About 4 days ago I downloaded an Android update and the phone died after the reboot/install command. I waited, tried to restart it, tried the power button/volume down reboot. Nothing. I took it to the dealer, they confirmed that it was dead and since I hadn`t paid for the extended warranty there was nothing they could do. If I wanted I could send it in for repairs at my cost, or buy out my plan and get a new phone.

On this forum someone mentioned leaving it for a few days and try again. This morning it started up after I used the power button/volume down option and all was good. Old messages came through, app updates were done, then it wanted to do an Android update. I don`t know if it was the same as a few days ago or not. Once it got to the reboot/install step, it died again. Now unresponsive.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Sounds like a corrupt update file. I read in another forum that it can be deleted and then you search for the update again and all should be good once it downloads it.
    05-07-17 09:01 AM
    Thanks. Looks like I will have to wait for a few days until it decides it wants to wake up again, then try this.
    05-07-17 09:27 AM
    Thanks. Looks like I will have to wait for a few days until it decides it wants to wake up again, then try this.
    In my time with it, the couple of times it became very bogged down, may want to use an auto loader and completely start over.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-07-17 10:57 AM
    I had this three times, now I found a method what always works in my case. (Display off after update, only blue led flashes, holding power button for 30sec does not change anything). I connect and disconnect the charging cable several times (ca. 10 times in 10 seconds) until the screen goes on. Afterwards, the phone boots up as usual.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-13-17 02:23 AM
    I had this three times, now I found a method what always works in my case. (Display off after update, only blue led flashes, holding power button for 30sec does not change anything). I connect and disconnect the charging cable several times (ca. 10 times in 10 seconds) until the screen goes on. Afterwards, the phone boots up as usual.
    I recommend that if trying this procedure that you unplug at the wall end to avoid stressing the usb port on the actual phone.
    05-13-17 09:33 AM
    You're right, I forgot to mention, that I use a magnetic usb cable
    FF22 likes this.
    05-13-17 09:40 AM
    You're right, I forgot to mention, that I use a magnetic usb cable
    Interested. Just now received some direct from china... are you pleased with that? Does it work plugged into fast charge adapter?
    05-13-17 10:09 AM