Will BB Blend work with the Priv?

Will The Priv work with BB Desktop software so you can do software updates through your computer, NOT OTA?
    10-30-15 01:38 PM
    We don't know.

So far as I know... it hasn't been seen yet. But Android, does a lot of their updates via Google Play, I think as far as updates go that will be the future. The question will be backups, syncing contacts and calendar with outlook, and file access to your computer.

Now Blend was suppose to be part of the BlackBerry Experience... so I imagine even if it's not there now, it may soon be.
    Fernando Martin likes this.
    10-30-15 02:14 PM
    Will BB Blend work with the Priv?

Will The Priv work with BB Desktop software so you can do software updates through your computer, NOT OTA?
    It's all unknown right now.
    Fernando Martin likes this.
    10-30-15 02:14 PM
    I assume it is not know whether Google will control the update schedule or BB?
    10-30-15 02:32 PM
    BlackBerry uploaded a blend apk to Google play so as far as I know it will work

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:37 PM
    BlackBerry uploaded a blend apk to Google play so as far as I know it will work

Posted via CB10
    That's not for the Priv though. With that APK, you still need a BlackBerry 10 device.
    10-30-15 02:37 PM
    I assume it is not know whether Google will control the update schedule or BB?
    Google pushes out the updates to some components via Google Play. But for a major updates like a version update, that will require the OEM (BlackBerry in the PRIV case) to tweak the software package to include their own features (UI, Launcher, Apps...), which then get pushed out and approved by the Carriers.

Which is why the Android community is so fractured... even with people using the exact same device.

Only the NEXUS device that are running pure Android... get direct updates (at least when you buy them unlocked).
    10-30-15 02:42 PM
    This is the feature I will miss the most if it is not on the device when I pick it up. This is the function I use the most at my work station. I know I will miss it a lot as I have several Android phones I use once in awhile to play around with.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:44 PM
    Google pushes out the updates to some components via Google Play. But for a major updates like a version update, that will require the OEM (BlackBerry in the PRIV case) to tweak the software package to include their own features (UI, Launcher, Apps...), which then get pushed out and approved by the Carriers.

Which is why the Android community is so fractured... even with people using the exact same device.

Only the NEXUS device that are running pure Android... get direct updates (at least when you buy them unlocked).
    Well,

I want to buy the Priv. I am in Argentina and my carrier will be movistar. BBs are not sold here anymore, although there are users like me who brought unlocked BB phones from North America. It is unlikely that Movistar will be involved in any upgrade of BB devices. How might I be able to do upgrades otherwise? Not know I take it?
    Last edited by Fernando Martin; 10-30-15 at 08:21 PM.
    10-30-15 07:11 PM
    Getting the BB10 experience across is vital, and Blend is a big part of that. I really hope they have it ready for launch, I use it daily and I can;t switch until it's supported, and works as well as BB10. Not sure if that's possible with Android.
    11-01-15 03:35 AM
    As an Android user who has been using the BB Passport for about 5 months, I thought the same thing about Blend. However I used something very similar to Blend called PushBullet. PushBullet works as an extension to your web browser and gives you access to text & send links/information to connected (by the app) devices.
    While not as robust as Blend, it is also not an app but an extension. So I am not worried about the application updates or what OS I am on. Currently, I use my Passport as my daily driver and I miss many of the Android features but I know when I get the PRIV I'm going to miss the BB Blend/Link software. Google has similar abilities through apps and the cloud but RIM did it right with the app.

Hopefully for those of you looking for an alternative when you get your PRIV's PushBullet will help a little with the transfer to Android from BB OS10
    bluetroll likes this.
    11-02-15 10:16 AM
    Hope Blend does find its way to Priv.
    Last edited by Zedd88; 11-03-15 at 10:15 AM.
    11-03-15 09:59 AM
    Hey Blaze
    Any insight?
    12-02-15 01:12 PM
    Hoping they answer this during the Reddit AMA.
    Also I hope 3rd party app integration with Blend will still be going ahead.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-02-15 03:34 PM