People using their current Blackberry phone with BB OS, when they will buy a Priv, will they be able to use the same BB ID and BBM ID at the same time on two different phones and log in at the same time, or will their BB and BBM credentials move them to Priv? What if, for a necessary reason, they had to go back using their BB phone with BB OS for a few days/weeks/months, will they still be able to login again and will their BB OS Apps still be in their inventory in BB World?

People will not want to lose their paid BB OS apps and be able to redownload them as they wish.

Aso for me, on Android, I used a different BBM ID for BBM (and will never use my BB ID and BBM ID linked to my BB Classic on any Android phone or any other phone, service, etc...). I like separating things and Google does not need to know anything about my BB Classic Apps.
    09-30-15 09:31 PM
    People using their current Blackberry phone with BB OS, when they will buy a Priv, will they be able to use the same BB ID and BBM ID at the same time on two different phones and log in at the same time, or will their BB and BBM credentials move them to Priv? What if, for a necessary reason, they had to go back using their BB phone with BB OS for a few days/weeks/months, will they still be able to login again and will their BB OS Apps still be in their inventory in BB World?

People will not want to lose their paid BB OS apps and be able to redownload them as they wish.

Aso for me, on Android, I used a different BBM ID for BBM (and will never use my BB ID and BBM ID linked to my BB Classic on any Android phone or any other phone, service, etc...). I like separating things and Google does not need to know anything about my BB Classic Apps.
    I think you'll have to login with Google credentials on your Priv, because that's how all Android devices work. You will however have to use your BBID to use BBM on Android, because that's how it works with any device. You can keep using the same BBID on your BlackBerry 10 device, but if you want to use BBM with the same BBID as your Android device, you'll have to switch BBM between devices. I don't think Google will allow replacing Google with BBID to use the phone, because of how tight the OS is integrated with Google services.

I have no idea how it will be when the Priv comes out, but this makes sense, at least to me =)
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    10-01-15 05:01 AM
    Thank you.

On Android, you can use the same Gmail account across all your Android devices (phone, tablet) and install all your paid apps on all of your devices.
    So you don't have to repurchase your paids apps for another Android device.

There is one expception I have noticed, if you want special codecs for your Sip client app, you will have to pay twice if you want those codecs on two phones, unless you move the codecs' licence onto another phone, tablet.
    10-01-15 06:22 AM
    Thank you.

On Android, you can use the same Gmail account across all your Android devices (phone, tablet) and install all your paid apps on all of your devices.
    So you don't have to repurchase your paids apps for another Android device.

There is one expception I have noticed, if you want special codecs for your Sip client app, you will have to pay twice if you want those codecs on two phones, unless you move the codecs' licence onto another phone, tablet.
    Well, the developers of that SIP client app are smart and want to make money per device instead of per customer.

I also use the same BBID on all my BlackBerry devices and I can install all apps on all phones. Just have to switch BBM between devices and of course WhatsApp, but that has more to do with how the app and its use are designed.
    10-01-15 09:07 AM
    I think people are slowly coming to the realization that the PRIV is an android phone. Lol.
    10-01-15 11:02 AM

Great question,i was wondering this too!?

 вιaсĸвεггч Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    10-01-15 03:01 PM
    Thanks.

I did not know it was possible to use the same BB ID on all Blackberry devices.
    That's helpful to know.
    10-02-15 04:55 PM
    It might be like the case with the Samsung phones
    Where they make you sign up with the Google account and gives you option to login with your Samsung account for their services

BlackBerry Priv a mobile PRIVilege for your PRIVacy
    10-03-15 06:26 AM
    Thanks.

I did not know it was possible to use the same BB ID on all Blackberry devices.
    That's helpful to know.
    You can use it on any BlackBerry device, but I believe you can only be signed in on one device at a time. So if the Op was wondering if you could stay signed in on a BlackBerry device and the Priv at the same time, I don't think you can. I believe you'd have to pick which device you want it on. Or just make a new BlackBerry id for the Priv and share that BBM id with your BBM contacts.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    10-03-15 10:12 AM