I've repeatedly read on the forum that one should immediately update all BB apps on the PRIV first thing out of the box, but I haven't seen a list of which apps that would be.

I have done these:

BB Hub
    BB Services
    BB Calendar
    Contacts by BB
    Tasks by BB
    Notes by BB
    BB Device Search
    BB Camera
    BB Password Keeper
    BB Help
    DTEK by BB
    BB Launcher
    BB Keyboard
    BBM

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!
    05-19-16 11:14 PM
    Yes, the Microsoft exFat driver or whatever it is called. For larger sd-cards. It should come in in a search for Blackberry Limited.
    05-19-16 11:41 PM
    Google Play Store has "MicrosoftexFAT for BlackBerry" by "BlackBerry Limited." (Yes, it's written that way with no space after Microsoft.)

I assume that's the item you're referring to, yes?

(Note: That one wasn't pre-installed, so it won't get an "Update," but I'll install it if you say that's the item to install.)

Thanks!
    FF22 likes this.
    05-19-16 11:51 PM
    Google Play Store has "MicrosoftexFAT for BlackBerry" by "BlackBerry Limited." (Yes, it's written that way with no space after Microsoft.)

I assume that's the item you're referring to, yes?

(Note: That one wasn't pre-installed, so it won't get an "Update," but I'll install it if you say that's the item to install.)

Thanks!
    Yes, that's the one. You need it if you are using a 64gb SD card or larger.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-20-16 02:40 AM
    Well, Google will automatically detect the apps that are outdated and prompt you to update them anyway - so just hit Update All and you won't miss anything......and yes the eXfat is the exception.
    05-20-16 02:53 AM
    I couldn't find Update All (and I think the point of other posts I saw was that until they're manually updated by the user the first time out, they won't respond to an automatic Update All -- but I may have been mistaken about how I read that).
    05-20-16 03:35 AM
    No, that's not it. Once you've logged in to your Google account, the Play Store will automatically scan for outdated apps, then you can all update them at one go.

Open Play Store - on the upper left corner, select 3 lines icon (or i think it's Menu icon) - select My apps and games - on this screen the apps will be scanned for any outdated ones, once done - you'll see an Update All icon. (If you don't see one, then all of your apps are updated.
    05-20-16 07:45 AM
    I couldn't find Update All (and I think the point of other posts I saw was that until they're manually updated by the user the first time out, they won't respond to an automatic Update All -- but I may have been mistaken about how I read that).
    You read that correctly. BlackBerry apps will not automatically update right out of the box. You have to manually search for BlackBerry Limited and manually up them the first time. After that you will get notifications when there's an update available.
    05-20-16 11:01 AM
    Is Tasks by BlackBerry the equivalent of Remember?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 04:30 PM
    Is Tasks by BlackBerry the equivalent of Remember?

Posted via CB10
    Along with Notes. More or less.
    05-20-16 05:53 PM
    That's weird. It didn't do it in my case. I did several revert to factory defaults on my Priv. The moment i login to Google, it automatically updates all off my BB apps. No need for me to do it manually.
    05-20-16 08:43 PM
    You can control whether Google updates apps automatically or turn off that feature.
    05-21-16 12:03 AM
    You can control whether Google updates apps automatically or turn off that feature.
    Do you think it would save battery to leave that option turned off!
    05-21-16 02:24 AM
    I have no technical basis for this but I'd guess it's better on battery life to leave it on. I assume it's polling periodically, which is barely any battery usage, and only occasionally does the updates -- when they're available. Not having a given app update, on the other hand, might cause you to miss out on a fix they incorporated in that given app to get rid of a battery-drain issue.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-21-16 02:48 AM
    Do you think it would save battery to leave that option turned off!
    I really can't speculate. I don't know if it checks often or infrequently. Obviously, there may be inopportune times like when you battery is already low late in the day.

Classact has an interesting take on it just after your post.
    05-21-16 08:41 AM
    I have no technical basis for this but I'd guess it's better on battery life to leave it on. I assume it's polling periodically, which is barely any battery usage, and only occasionally does the updates -- when they're available. Not having a given app update, on the other hand, might cause you to miss out on a fix they incorporated in that given app to get rid of a battery-drain issue.
    I was just thinking that you can always go in and do a manual check.
    05-21-16 11:49 AM