Does anyone know the battery size of the Priv?

Blackberry hasn't mentioned the size of the battery or how long the phone will last on a single charge. Are we going to expect a similar battery life to a BlackBerry running OS10? An Android device having the long battery life of a BlackBerry would be amazing!

Knowing how Android apps tend to use more battery resources do you think people will sacrifice battery life for gaining full Google apps? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 07:11 AM
    Does anyone know the battery size of the Priv?

Blackberry hasn't mentioned the size of the battery or how long the phone will last on a single charge. Are we going to expect a similar battery life to a BlackBerry running OS10? An Android device having the long battery life of a BlackBerry would be amazing!

Knowing how Android apps tend to use more battery resources do you think people will sacrifice battery life for gaining full Google apps? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    A user said that a trusted font inside Blackberry told him that it was 3400mAh. I expect something between 3000-3500mah.
    09-26-15 07:15 AM
    I always end the day with an 40-60 % left on my passport, which is an issue: I have to charge or it will be below 40 the next morning, so I personally don't think it's a big issue to have a smaller battery since we charge nightly anyway

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 09:09 AM
    I always end the day with an 40-60 % left on my passport, which is an issue: I have to charge or it will be below 40 the next morning, so I personally don't think it's a big issue to have a smaller battery since we charge nightly anyway

Posted via CB10
    Even if the battery is the same size as the passport, and the OLED screen is less hungry tham LCD, the problem is Android... Android is a very power hungry OS, and you will see plenty of people (named "power users") complaining that the Priv won't give them a full day of battery.
    09-26-15 10:20 AM
    Even if the battery is the same size as the passport, and the OLED screen is less hungry tham LCD, the problem is Android... Android is a very power hungry OS, and you will see plenty of people (named "power users") complaining that the Priv won't give them a full day of battery.
    Not saying that BB10 is less efficient, but Android Lolipop is so much better than older versions in terms of power usage. I bought an S5 when it first came out it had Kitkat and I personally noticed the big difference in battery after Samsung rolled out the update, hopefully Marshmallow will be even better.
    09-26-15 10:28 AM
    Android doesn't inherently mean had battery life. Look at the Sony Xperia Z Compact phones. One early review of the Z5 compact said the user got 3 days out of it.
    09-26-15 10:36 AM
    Android is the king of battery life of all the major platforms. S6 active, Z3 compact, Ascend mate 2 all scored over 100 hour rating on gsmarenas battery life test. The only other phone in that category is the lumia 1520 the rest are tablets.
    For reference the BB10 battery life king the Passport achieved a 73 hour rating.

http://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 10:53 AM
    Android doesn't inherently mean had battery life. Look at the Sony Xperia Z Compact phones. One early review of the Z5 compact said the user got 3 days out of it.
    As a brand Sony has across the board the best battery life of any brand. Sony battery saving software is the best in the industry.

Posted via CB10
    Xaiux likes this.
    09-26-15 11:04 AM
    Not saying that BB10 is less efficient, but Android Lolipop is so much better than older versions in terms of power usage. I bought an S5 when it first came out it had Kitkat and I personally noticed the big difference in battery after Samsung rolled out the update, hopefully Marshmallow will be even better.
    Galaxy S5 was in fact one of the devices where it got a massive boost in battery life. other devices got aprox 10% bette battery life. Regardless of that, Android still is a power hungry OS. Out of the box is not bad, but after half a year of loading apps and stuff running in the background, it just gets pretty poor. Hope Marshmallow gets a lot optimization to Android, because i'm getting a Venice.
    09-26-15 11:12 AM
    Not only android but sometimes it's app specific. I had the Facebook app on my phone and it was draining the hell put of my battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-26-15 01:40 PM
    Not only android but sometimes it's app specific. I had the Facebook app on my phone and it was draining the hell put of my battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    yeah, normaly comes down to that. The advantage that Android lets you "mess" and costomize more, sometimes becomes a disvantage, because developers can make the OS do more things in the background, wich can lead to increased battery consumption
    09-26-15 02:59 PM
    Android is the king of battery life of all the major platforms. S6 active, Z3 compact, Ascend mate 2 all scored over 100 hour rating on gsmarenas battery life test. The only other phone in that category is the lumia 1520 the rest are tablets.
    For reference the BB10 battery life king the Passport achieved a 73 hour rating.

http://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

Posted via CB10
    Lol BlackBerry Priv is on that list, if they actually had been able to do a test that means you'll have one hour of web browsing+ 1 hour of media consumption + 1 hour of 3G calls in a 40 hour period and after that you'll need to charge it.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 373207
    Attachment 373208

Look at the amount of hits. And look at the exp release date.
    09-26-15 03:36 PM