Is it just me or is anyone having really poor battery life on the Blackberry Priv?

I got mine on Friday at AT&T and did the full charge. I get with mixed use a good 5 hours. At the most. I have to charge my phone twice maybe even three times a day if I'm using it a lot.

Should I return it and get a new one? Is this a Priv issue or just this device? HELP!!!!!
    11-09-15 01:05 PM
    Common sense called. It said to Return that sh!t.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Priv
    11-09-15 01:14 PM
    Well if you use it a lot, it's normal that battery life will be shorter!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:16 PM
    Many other threads out here about this. Settlement time and new app updates help. Look around the other dozen or so threads and you'll see ideas.
    11-09-15 01:17 PM
    I contacted AT&T and I can exchange it for a new one. I love the device but come on, it was said to have 20+ hours of mixed use. I should atleast be getting around 10-15hours for how much I use this phone.
    11-09-15 01:20 PM
    Many other threads out here about this. Settlement time and new app updates help. Look around the other dozen or so threads and you'll see ideas.
    I updated everything. Disabled as much as I can. Turned the screen down. And gave it 3 days...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 01:24 PM
    Seriously, to be honest, I'd say wait till the 3-4 day of use, to see how true battery life is. Within the first 72 hours, you'd be playing with your device to the max. Hence my suggestion.

Again, most carriers offer a 14 day return policy. This give one more than enough time to confirm if the battery is acceptable, or not...
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    11-09-15 01:45 PM
    I contacted AT&T and I can exchange it for a new one. I love the device but come on, it was said to have 20+ hours of mixed use. I should atleast be getting around 10-15hours for how much I use this phone.
    Go into Settings -> Display and disable "Lift to wake"

This feature was turning on the phone in my pocket.

Also, reboot a couple of times. I don't know what it does technically, but new installs of Android, a couple of reboots does amazing things for the battery. Just plan on restarting the phone 3ish times after every major update - it will make you a much happier person.
    11-09-15 01:55 PM
    OP how's your signal strength? Are you seeing more than 1 or 2 bars of service?
    11-09-15 01:57 PM
    Try to do a hard reset, reinstall the OS, and give it at least one day to settle down. Maybe check with a resource monitor where all the battery is being used. Bad signal drains battery aswell, even if it's wifi. A weak ifi signal will drain battery in any phone.

If the problem presists, warranty is your friend
    11-09-15 02:00 PM
    Just turned off the lift to wake settings and hopefully that does something too.

As for service signal. Yes, I have been getting 1 -2 bars of signal...
    11-09-15 02:03 PM
    Honestly, I was in the same boat as you. I tried a couple of things and the battery life has improved signficantly, even though the drain is very excessive when I have FIFA going on or something excessive, but it has gotten much better and I think overtime it should get better.

The issue I found is network, thats the biggest drain and for some reason the antenna is weak or its a software error, I am very optimistic that BB will update the phone and it will resolve the network weakness because I was using my other phones in the same place but the battery was stable.

Switched LTE to 4G.
    11-09-15 02:11 PM
    Just turned off the lift to wake settings and hopefully that does something too.

As for service signal. Yes, I have been getting 1 -2 bars of signal...
    Well if you have low service it's constantly searching for a better connection but your battery still shouldn't be that bad...

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-09-15 02:21 PM
    Check what's eating your battery in the system monitor?

I'm thinking it's the network transmission issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:58 PM
    Is it just me or is anyone having really poor battery life on the Blackberry Priv?

I got mine on Friday at AT&T and did the full charge. I get with mixed use a good 5 hours. At the most. I have to charge my phone twice maybe even three times a day if I'm using it a lot.

Should I return it and get a new one? Is this a Priv issue or just this device? HELP!!!!!
    The first few days might seem to exhibit poor battery performance but it is likely due to account synchronization and the usual battery calibration period. I have been getting very good battery performance overall. What applications are you running and are they running continuously in the background? The battery performance utility will show battery use by each application.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 03:00 AM