Below are shown 4+ days of battery life while keeping WiFi and BT OFF unless really needed (eg. downloading files). In this example, I refrained from updating apps until I began the recharging effort.

With Norton's WiFi security app that employs a VPN, the present version has bulldog tenacity: I enable WiFI and then switch on Norton. When I am done download files and/or apps, I switch both off, but Norton needs to be uninstalled. I view this as Android being a POS.

I love my FitBit / BT combo, but again, battery life suffers. I try to severely limit the two.
    BooHoo. Hopefully Android can get their act together and do a better job of limiting and controlling apps that touch WiFi and BT. As it is, Android's I/O as distributed out to its apps is a total POS.

Battery Life While Limiting WiFi / Norton's WiFI VPN and BT / FitBit-screenshot_20170610-205636.jpg
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 06-12-17 at 02:50 PM.
    06-12-17 10:29 AM
    I view this as Android being a POS.
    I view this as Norton being a POS.
    spantch101 likes this.
    06-12-17 06:06 PM
    The previous update of Norton worked just fine. But the latest (2-3 days ago)
    is wonky - Forced Stop is no workie. Full uninstall needed. They need to fix.

So...How about showing a couple of your battery usage profiles ?
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 06-12-17 at 08:34 PM. Reason: more info
    06-12-17 08:22 PM
    The previous update of Norton worked just fine. But the latest (2-3 days ago)
    is wonky - Forced Stop is no workie. Full uninstall needed. They need to fix.

So...How about showing a couple of your battery usage profiles ?
    Why? I don't use a Priv. I don't use any of those apps. Nor have I disabled WiFi and BT over the past few days as you have. I'm not even on Marshmallow and my battery stats have little to do with whether or not I think Norton is a dumpster fire of an app. Plus, you just said it's bad.
    06-12-17 09:06 PM
    I'm thinking your battery usage is way shy of 4+ days per charge.

Norton is addressing serious WiFi security issues by using VPNs to deal with fixed internet addresses. Why do some people refrain from giving out their physical addresses and using PO boxes? It is the same with our phones' hardware, both their internal device addresses and their external internet connections. Fixed internal and external addresses can make it hard for an OS to defend against. Plus, I'm beginning to think that VPNs are analogous to the old RIM servers through which all our emails past through and got de-loused !
    06-13-17 10:04 AM
    I'm thinking your battery usage is way shy of 4+ days per charge.

Norton is addressing serious WiFi security issues by using VPNs to deal with fixed internet addresses. Why do some people refrain from giving out their physical addresses and using PO boxes? It is the same with our phones' hardware, both their internal device addresses and their external internet connections. Fixed internal and external addresses can make it hard for an OS to defend against. Plus, I'm beginning to think that VPNs are analogous to the old RIM servers through which all our emails past through and got de-loused !
    Norton for Android is just as useless as the versions for PC, resouce hogs and overly sensitive to non threatening things . (Found a threat ! Click to review. ) it's a God damn pic of my kid! lol just an example. If you know what you are doing, you do not need anti virus on your Android or PC . They have long been obselete since windows security updates and malicious software discovery and removal from Microsoft. And likewise for Android any googles monthly security patches. If anything norton or kaspersky (whatever the spelling). Act more like the"virus's " they protect you from and any vulnerability they block should have already happened at another level.
    06-19-17 09:21 PM
    I am a practicing nuclear physicist and I interface with a number of professionals in software, electronics, and maintenance/repair, including the best at virus removal in all of Houston. I consider my replies here to be from a couple of trolls. I do have to apologize for even mentioning Norton or FitBit - it totally obscured my main point: turn off WiFi and BT unless you need them for some immediate / specific use; if you do, you can get to 4+ days of battery usage from your Priv.

I do hope that Norton and FitBit keep on keeping on until battery usage is minimized. My Windows maintenance people and I certainly applaud Norton 360 for Windows and look forward to its use with Android. Doc Neutron
    06-21-17 04:43 PM
    Anti-virus scanners are intended to remain installed to be effective. Are you daft?
    06-26-17 07:52 PM
    Anti-virus scanners are intended to remain installed to be effective. Are you daft? What were you expecting of an anti-virus scanner anyway?
    06-26-17 07:53 PM
    Anti-virus scanners are intended to remain installed to be effective. Are you daft? What were you expecting of an anti-virus scanner anyway?
    No idea what you're rambling on about. I never said uninstall it, all I said was it was a POS app lol.
    06-26-17 07:59 PM
    No idea what you're rambling on about. I never said uninstall it, all I said was it was a POS app lol.
    Fine but why install it in the first place? I have been using BlackBerry smartphones since 2008 without any anti-virus software. For privacy I use NordVPN; they claim no logs are kept.
    06-26-17 11:11 PM
    Fine but why install it in the first place? I have been using BlackBerry smartphones since 2008 without any anti-virus software. For privacy I use NordVPN; they claim no logs are kept.
    I agree. I also never said to install it.
    06-26-17 11:21 PM
    I agree. I also never said to install it.
    Ok. So am I supposed to install than uninstall? Or am I supposed to uninstall my install? So confusing........ ';-/
    06-26-17 11:32 PM
    Ok. So am I supposed to install than uninstall? Or am I supposed to uninstall my install? So confusing........ ';-/
    Do nothing or something depending on what has already been done or not done!
    06-27-17 01:45 AM
    We really need the mods to review this Bla1ze character. His demands have ruined the KEYone with BB10 that I haven't even purchased yet. I'm still waiting to verify Lithuanian support with guaranteed upgrade to Android S.
    06-27-17 01:51 AM
    What have you gotten yourself into? Lol
    06-27-17 05:55 PM
    I just loved all the crepe my post stirred up ! After running 1 month + with both WiFi and BT off and charging every 4 or 5 days, I definitely found the Dark Side of not using WiFi when possible: for the very first time ever with VZN, I busted out with my data at 1+ GB. Turns out that The Android OS is checking with the Mother Ship a bunch ! Like a breathing mode. What a POS - undoubtedly doing the dark bidding of its Masters of the Universe. And yes, I did turn on WiFi occasionally to update apps and the OS. Doctor Neutron
    07-15-17 02:22 PM