Priv did very well in this test so its always concerning when all users don't get the benefit of its large battery.

S7 is a beast with battery tho.

wirelessgal likes this.
    04-14-16 01:33 PM
    Just spoke w/ a friend who has the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, & he went 3 days w/out charging his phone & that was with heavy use.
    We have two S7's in our house, and I've tweaked those to disable unnecessary syncs and such as I've done with my Priv. They certainly get better battery life than my Priv but 3 days of heavy use is exaggerating a bit much. A day and a half might be more accurate.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    fanisk likes this.
    04-14-16 01:45 PM
    Priv gets really good with upgrade to Marshmallow 6.0.1

Posted via my PRIV
    04-14-16 02:16 PM
    I use an app called Cleanmaster (500million downloads). It has a feature called 1tap hybernate that anilizes apps that are using the battery, and hybernates them. It seems to help quite a bit. Still not an awesome battery on the Priv, but I also use it way more than my Q10 because it can do so much more.

04-14-16 03:19 PM
    I use an app called Cleanmaster (500million downloads). It has a feature called 1tap hybernate that anilizes apps that are using the battery, and hybernates them. It seems to help quite a bit. Still not an awesome battery on the Priv, but I also use it way more than my Q10 because it can do so much more.

I'm not saying it is true but some folks are suspicious of Cheetah Software. But that many downloads means some folks trust it.
    04-14-16 03:52 PM
    Priv did very well in this test so its always concerning when all users don't get the benefit of its large battery.

That's why I shared ways to increase the battery life of the Priv. You are not going to get great battery life without tweaking the phone. Also phone signal plays a big factor in battery life and I have read that the Priv doesn't do well with reception which is why Sprint is not carrying it. I don't know how everyone's signal is on their Priv's. I'll find out when I get one.

Yay for my S7! Love to see a battery vs with the S7 and HTC 10 (when it's released). HTC claims you can get 2 days of battery life on the 10. I highly doubt it.

Thanks for sharing this video. I like this guy's videos. I must have missed this one.
    04-14-16 05:33 PM
    I disabled apps I rarely use and I never "Clear All" background windows when not using an app.

Opening and closing apps will use way more resources and battery life than just leaving them open. Took my PRIV off charger at 7am, and it's 4pm now and I'm at 72%. I do lots of texting, emailing and listening to music. Watching roughly 30mins of vid a day.

Posted with my Blackberry PRIV
    04-14-16 06:14 PM
    I use an app called DU battery saver and DU cleaner to stop apps from running in the background which definitely helps. U could also have a battery virus as I found out the hard way, the PRIVs detec antivirus does not protect the battery. I developed a virus so bad that I could watch my battery percentage drop by the minute, until I got the DU apps. I'm not sure if anyone else had tried these apps but they certainly seem to work for me. Lots of advertising though but I don't care!

My question for all of you PRIV users "WHY DON'T I HAVE A DOLLAR SIGN ON MY VIRTUAL KEYBOARD OR ON THE SLIDE OUT KEYBOARD?" How could blackberry make a keyboard with no dollar symbol, instead I have � what the heck is a �. Or what is � or � or what the heck am I going to do with � or � like SERIOUSLY a upside down question mark "FOR WHAT" what do I need an upside down question mark over a simple dollars symbol � it just looks stupid ? I operate my business from this phone and it is ridiculous to have to type 3,000.00 dollars everytime. Blackberry needs to upgrade the silly sh�� and get a dollars symbol (I checked to make sure that my z30, z10 and my curve all had a dollar symbols)

LUV MY PRIV
    04-14-16 08:04 PM
    My question for all of you PRIV users "WHY DON'T I HAVE A DOLLAR SIGN ON MY VIRTUAL KEYBOARD OR ON THE SLIDE OUT KEYBOARD?"
    Are you able to press and hold down any of these buttons. Sometimes more options will come up if you do this. Or maybe there is a way to change the language of the keyboard? (speculation)
    04-15-16 02:22 PM
    I use an app called DU battery saver and DU cleaner to stop apps from running in the background which definitely helps. U could also have a battery virus as I found out the hard way, the PRIVs detec antivirus does not protect the battery. I developed a virus so bad that I could watch my battery percentage drop by the minute, until I got the DU apps. I'm not sure if anyone else had tried these apps but they certainly seem to work for me. Lots of advertising though but I don't care!

My question for all of you PRIV users "WHY DON'T I HAVE A DOLLAR SIGN ON MY VIRTUAL KEYBOARD OR ON THE SLIDE OUT KEYBOARD?" How could blackberry make a keyboard with no dollar symbol, instead I have � what the heck is a �. Or what is ™ or � or what the heck am I going to do with � or � like SERIOUSLY a upside down question mark "FOR WHAT" what do I need an upside down question mark over a simple dollars symbol � it just looks stupid ? I operate my business from this phone and it is ridiculous to have to type 3,000.00 dollars everytime. Blackberry needs to upgrade the silly sh�� and get a dollars symbol (I checked to make sure that my z30, z10 and my curve all had a dollar symbols)

LUV MY PRIV
    I have a Dollar Sign, $ on the physical keyboard. It is located just to the left of the Enter/return key.

On the Virtual keyboard I also have it. I do have to invoke the ?123 key to bring up numbers and symbols. It is located immediately left of the Delete/Backspace key. But if I press/hold on it, alternatives like the Pound/Euro and other show up.

What language is your default in settings? Are you in the US and/or is your device from a US Carrier?
    04-15-16 03:53 PM
    Priv gets really good with upgrade to Marshmallow 6.0.1

Posted via my PRIV
    This. Just be patient guys. It's coming.

04-15-16 03:58 PM
    I have had my Priv 3 days now and it appears like the battery life is no better or worse than my Z10. I have been trying to stop apps, adjust settings, and anything else I have read here and it just doesn't seem to help. I have been logged into wifi since 4:00 except for a 1 hr time, and my battery has gone from 95% to 55% already. I have checked email a few times, did a 10min Skype call, and sent a couple pics via BBM. So what is happening? I read on here about people playing games and surfing and still having long life and meanwhile I am not doing half that. I do see that I am still on the Feb patch so perhaps until Verizon releases an update, this might be my issue? I would appreciate any ideas.

Not true.

Over time it gets better, still if you are heavy user invest in rapid charger.and yes I did own z10 with its horrible battery.
    04-16-16 10:48 PM
    I have had my Priv 3 days now and it appears like the battery life is no better or worse than my Z10. I have been trying to stop apps, adjust settings, and anything else I have read here and it just doesn't seem to help. I have been logged into wifi since 4:00 except for a 1 hr time, and my battery has gone from 95% to 55% already. I have checked email a few times, did a 10min Skype call, and sent a couple pics via BBM. So what is happening? I read on here about people playing games and surfing and still having long life and meanwhile I am not doing half that. I do see that I am still on the Feb patch so perhaps until Verizon releases an update, this might be my issue? I would appreciate any ideas.

Maybe you didn't used an android phone before. But actually it's way better to control battery than OS10.
    04-16-16 11:58 PM
    Wait for the MM . Battery life will improve .
    04-17-16 01:59 AM
    Several people who are currently Marshmallow beta testing for the Priv are experiencing much improved battery life. I am hoping that when we get it my battery will last longer on my Priv. For unlocked devices it is supposed to roll out by early May. I am looking forward to that.

Posted with my Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-17-16 03:50 AM

A test like that is completely irrelevant. The Priv has a HUGE battery, of course its going to last with everything on the phone turned off and just looping a video. There are so many things going on in the background of a phone that's fully functional that affect battery life. I would expect the Priv to do well in a test like this simply because it has one of the largest batteries you can currently buy in an Android phone. Its how the phone handles the processes in the background that make the difference in real world day to day use. Unfortunately for me, mine doesn't handle these processes well.
    04-17-16 06:24 AM
    Several people who are currently Marshmallow beta testing for the Priv are experiencing much improved battery life. I am hoping that when we get it my battery will last longer on my Priv. For unlocked devices it is supposed to roll out by early May. I am looking forward to that.

Posted with my Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I got over 12 hours today with a touch over 6 hrs screen on time, and I used my phone for more than just surfing the web.
    04-17-16 10:17 PM
    This is the best image of mixed use I could get. This is charging for 1 hour maybe twice a day? And I love my flashed priv
    Attached Thumbnails battery life on Priv - so disappointing-1461178799580.jpg  
    04-20-16 02:01 PM
    For me the biggest drain is location services... I'm also on Bes12 and it also uses location services... if I have it on battery saving mode it's far better, I'm not on MM beta

04-20-16 02:21 PM
    There are a number of apps that will flat-out murder your battery. One of the worst offenders is GasBuddy, if you have Bluetooth on. Yes, it's trying to do something (undisclosed) with bluetooth -- what could a gas price finder possibly want with bluetooth access?

These can be hard to run down.

I will say this -- the Priv, if you keep those apps off your phone, has exemplary ​battery life. Better than my Passport by a fairly wide margin.
    04-20-16 03:02 PM
    My Priv battery life is great. Use it a lot for many different things and have experienced no problems at all with the battery life of this device. I don't think there is a better smartphone for battery life than the Priv.

04-20-16 07:31 PM
    This is the best image of mixed use I could get. This is charging for 1 hour maybe twice a day? And I love my flashed priv
    This is not normal. Even on lollipop. I have never had my battery go down like this. Try turning off location, and sync. Get a read on it. Then turn sync on and try to limit the frequency in the system and through individual apps. Then do the same for location.
    04-23-16 02:58 AM
    I see the Mobile Hotspot symbol on the upper left corner. If you're using your phone as a Hotspot, battery life is going to be really bad.

04-23-16 06:31 AM
    On MM. Medium usage.

Attached Thumbnails battery life on Priv - so disappointing-11606.jpg  
    04-23-16 06:35 AM
    Also whats your screen % at? I read a lot of people keep theirs down pretty low. Use a low setting or auto brightness for maximum results. Personally I use velis auto brightness so I can tweak it myself.battery life on Priv - so disappointing-1461423159860.jpg
    04-23-16 09:52 AM
50 12