So I bought a Priv on Friday, my Asus Zen Phone 2 was stolen Friday and that night I bought the Priv at Bestbuy under rogers.Before I had the Zen phone I always had BBs Z30, then Z10, bold... etc.

I've done everything possible to save power close apps keep brightness down to nothing and from 6AM to now 11AM its a 66% wtf ! All Iv done is text listen to music(saved to my SD card) for a hour and little Instagram. I'm on wifi also.

I just dont get how its so bad for a phone to have a 3400mha battery. where my old Z30 had a 2880! and would go all day! no issues with heavy use ! never had to worry. the Asus sucked so much so I'm glad its gone.

Also found the front camera goes green front time to time... that's kinda messed.

I love the phone but these 2 small things are really setting me off. For a $800 phone there shouldn't be any issues.

Who else is having bad battery or Green tint to the front facing camera
    11-16-15 10:08 AM
    Go through he forums and search this ... You'll find quite a few tricks for making battery better. Hub, location, and HD call settings can all be changed to improve battery life. I went to bed last night with over 30% left on mine, but it took some trial and error to find what settings work best for me and my use.

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    11-16-15 10:25 AM
    I have full brightness, music on a lot, on the Web a lot and games often throughout the day and I get just over 26hrs battery life, all I did when I got my priv was set up, updated apps then left it for a few hours then it turned out great

Posted Via Priv
    11-16-15 10:33 AM
    Mine is all update that was the first thing i did, its runs warm from time to time, just eats battery at 62% now! only been a half hour! I haven't touched it.

Also Location is off only on when needed,
    11-16-15 10:36 AM
    So I bought a Priv on Friday, my Asus Zen Phone 2 was stolen Friday and that night I bought the Priv at Bestbuy under rogers.Before I had the Zen phone I always had BBs Z30, then Z10, bold... etc.

I've done everything possible to save power close apps keep brightness down to nothing and from 6AM to now 11AM its a 66% wtf ! All Iv done is text listen to music(saved to my SD card) for a hour and little Instagram. I'm on wifi also.

I just dont get how its so bad for a phone to have a 3400mha battery. where my old Z30 had a 2880! and would go all day! no issues with heavy use ! never had to worry. the Asus sucked so much so I'm glad its gone.

Also found the front camera goes green front time to time... that's kinda messed.

I love the phone but these 2 small things are really setting me off. For a $800 phone there shouldn't be any issues.

Who else is having bad battery or Green tint to the front facing camera
    Call Blackberry Tech Support.

Things like this will never get resolved until people start speaking up.
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    11-16-15 10:38 AM
    I wish I had the time I may just bring it back to best buy ask for new one. Honestly having the worst luck with phones. Bought my Asus screen shatters fix it then its stolen now this ****. ****!
    11-16-15 10:41 AM
    Email accounts settings-set sync to never and enable push if supported if you haven't already. Your phone may be constantly syncing between the hub and gmail app. You don't need sync if you have push if supported.
    11-16-15 10:45 AM
    Setup is everything. Close your apps and restrict what runs in the back ground.

2 days on secondary use.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-16-15 10:47 AM
    So my Asus has a app built in to help with Restricting what Started up on boot and what ran in the background. How do I do this on the priv
    11-16-15 11:03 AM
    Gmail app is off, I only use the Hub, I have my work email and Gmail accounts connect.
    11-16-15 11:03 AM
    It's a well known issue and hopefully a software update is released soon to correct. I am returning mine for a new one my battery is so bad.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 11:04 AM
    Go through he forums and search this ... You'll find quite a few tricks for making battery better. Hub, location, and HD call settings can all be changed to improve battery life. I went to bed last night with over 30% left on mine, but it took some trial and error to find what settings work best for me and my use.

With mixed use you should be getting about 24 hours of battery time as the specs claim. If you are not getting this then you must have a defective battery.

Another test you can try is to watch the (lit) screen and time how long it takes to drop 1%. I get about 8 minutes of screen time per 1% drop. If you are not getting these results then something is not normal.
    11-16-15 11:07 AM
    It's a well known issue and hopefully a software update is released soon to correct. I am returning mine for a new one my battery is so bad.

Posted via CB10
    Have you contacted tech support? I did... they didn't seem to think it was a "well known issue".
    11-16-15 11:08 AM
    With mixed use you should be getting about 24 hours of battery time as the specs claim. If you are not getting this then you must have a defective battery.

Another test you can try is watch the screen and time how long it takes to drop 1%. I get about 8 minutes of screen time per 1% drop. If you are not getting these results then something is not normal.
    Yah, unfortunately the downside of the Priv is because of the large screen, it drains battery. At rest, I get about 2 hours per 1% battery. It's about 2-3% per hour of music playing, which is pretty standard.
    11-16-15 11:12 AM
    This was a screen shot i took earlier. the numbers dont add up to how much charge is left.
    2015-11-16_11-38-09 by Dan b, on Flickr

Right now I'm at 59% and according to the list of things below that draining my battery i should be at 72% not 59%. I called rogers they said to go back to best buy and have it swapped for a new phone.
    11-16-15 11:43 AM
    Gmail app is off, I only use the Hub, I have my work email and Gmail accounts connect.
    I could be wrong. Disabling the gmail app doesn't do much other than not having duplicate messages appear. I believe that checking syncing box in each email account (and make sure you've enabled push if supported) in the hub to never helps your battery life immensely.
    11-16-15 11:57 AM
    I could be wrong. Disabling the gmail app doesn't do much other than not having duplicate messages appear. I believe that checking syncing box in each email account (and make sure you've enabled push if supported) in the hub to never helps your battery life immensely.
    Correct, also turn off adaptive brightness in the screen settings, and turn off enhanced 4GLTE in the cellular section as well.

11-16-15 12:34 PM
    Ok just did a test with my Samsung s5 to see how long it takes to drain 1% while looking at the (lit) screen.

27% at 10:53:05
    26% at 10:55:30

Samsung s5: 1% drain every 2.5 minutes.
    Priv with pkb closed: 1% drain every 8 minutes.
    Priv wih pkb open: 1% drain every 7 minutes.
    gvs1341 and ce71 like this.
    11-16-15 12:57 PM