Just got an update, hopefully that fixes the issues from the last update.
    05-24-17 06:25 AM
    Try disabling the BlackBerry keyboard and using another and see if that vkb shows up in the same fashion.
    What alternative keyboard can I replaced it with?
    05-24-17 07:01 AM
    Have you tried these suggestions from BlackBerry Help?

Part 2 – Optimizing your smartphone’s battery life

Review your accounts and app\game update settings

When adding your accounts to a smartphone it’s easy to select the default options, but be mindful of what features your various accounts provide, and have enabled by default.

For example, I have six email accounts and each account offers wireless synchronization of my contacts and calendar in addition to sending and receiving email. Since I use contacts and calendar in one account only, leaving contacts and calendar synchronization enabled on the other five accounts is not a good use of battery life.

To review your account settings, go to the Hub, tap**in the top left corner followed by*Settings.*Within, tap on each account and review the*Sync*options.

You should also review the settings of any apps you install so you can better understand how frequently they synchronize data. For example, does your preferred news app need to check for updates every hour, or can it be set to a longer window of time such as 4 hours, or only update when the app is opened?

Spend some time to review your various apps and games as you may be able to make a significant difference to your overall battery life by turning down the frequency some apps check for updates.

Review your display, and keyboard settings

Two device settings you’ll want to review in particular are your display and keyboard settings as some changes here can result in increased battery life.

Display settings (Brightness, Sleep, Ambient display & Life to wake)

Tap**Settings*followed by*DisplayVerify*Adaptive Brightness*is enabledTurn down*Brightness*(optional)Tap*Sleep*and select*15 seconds*or*30 seconds*for maximum battery lifeTurn off*Ambient display*(optional)If enabled, this feature will wake up your screen when you receive a new notificationTurn off*Lift to Wake*(optional)

Tip: Avoid the use of Live Wallpapers as these will use more battery than a standard wallpaper

Keyboard sound and vibration settings

By default, your keyboard will vibrate and make a sound whenever you are typing. Consider turning these off to save some more battery life.

Tap**Settings*followed by*Language & inputTap*BlackBerry Keyboard Settings*followed by*Key press feedbackTurn on, or off the*Vibrate*and/or*Sound*switches
    zephyr613 likes this.
    05-24-17 02:23 PM

When adding your accounts to a smartphone it’s easy to select the default options, but be mindful of what features your various accounts provide, and have enabled by default.

For example, I have six email accounts and each account offers wireless synchronization of my contacts and calendar in addition to sending and receiving email. Since I use contacts and calendar in one account only, leaving contacts and calendar synchronization enabled on the other five accounts is not a good use of battery life.

To review your account settings, go to the Hub, tap**in the top left corner followed by*Settings.*Within, tap on each account and review the*Sync*options.

You should also review the settings of any apps you install so you can better understand how frequently they synchronize data. For example, does your preferred news app need to check for updates every hour, or can it be set to a longer window of time such as 4 hours, or only update when the app is opened?

Spend some time to review your various apps and games as you may be able to make a significant difference to your overall battery life by turning down the frequency some apps check for updates.

Two device settings you’ll want to review in particular are your display and keyboard settings as some changes here can result in increased battery life.

Tap**Settings*followed by*DisplayVerify*Adaptive Brightness*is enabledTurn down*Brightness*(optional)Tap*Sleep*and select*15 seconds*or*30 seconds*for maximum battery lifeTurn off*Ambient display*(optional)If enabled, this feature will wake up your screen when you receive a new notificationTurn off*Lift to Wake*(optional)

Tip: Avoid the use of Live Wallpapers as these will use more battery than a standard wallpaper

By default, your keyboard will vibrate and make a sound whenever you are typing. Consider turning these off to save some more battery life.

Tap**Settings*followed by*Language & inputTap*BlackBerry Keyboard Settings*followed by*Key press feedbackTurn on, or off the*Vibrate*and/or*Sound*switches
    One comment... ambient display off will stop battery edge from showing
    05-24-17 03:28 PM
    One comment... ambient display off will stop battery edge from showing
    Nope. Mine is off and only the battery edge is on. But it shows if there is light in the room though.
    05-24-17 04:30 PM
    What alternative keyboard can I replaced it with?
    Some alternative vkb's are: google keyboard (gboard), Swiftkey, and flesky.
    05-24-17 05:06 PM

This is great, thank you. As someone who has 5 email accounts, and just about every social media, and numerous other apps I use daily (no gaming), my battery life is pretty poor.

My only question is, what are the desired settings for Sync? If it's an account I don't need to check often.
    05-24-17 05:18 PM
    Priv battery life it terrible. I question statements about 5 hours SOT seen in these forums. I'm lucky to get 3 hours.

Took my Priv off the charger at 7 am. It's now 1 pm and I'm down to 23%.

If the Priv doesn't get Nougat to help with this, it will be unusable.

I laugh at all the suggestions to disable the Google account or do other optimizations. None of this matters.

The Priv is a hog. The 808 processor consumes way to much juice. The BlackBerry apps are the primary culprit, especially the BlackBerry Keyboard.

The Priv is not and will never be an "all day" device.

Dropped another 3% just writing this post.
    Couldn't have said it any better myself. (Also lost 1% typing this)
    05-24-17 05:31 PM
    Nope. Mine is off and only the battery edge is on. But it shows if there is light in the room though.
    You are correct, it was needed previously but apparently no longer... my bad
    05-24-17 10:22 PM
    This is great, thank you. As someone who has 5 email accounts, and just about every social media, and numerous other apps I use daily (no gaming), my battery life is pretty poor.

My only question is, what are the desired settings for Sync? If it's an account I don't need to check often.
    My suggestion is set it to never. You will get emails, but it is not going to be working in the background. I have two email accounts that sync. The others do not. I set one account to one hour. The other is at its default setting.
    05-25-17 06:52 AM
    Why though should we have to change/disable things to get our battery life back. They messed up something in April, all they need to do is fix whatever they changed. Mine had good battery life before the April update.
    05-26-17 06:30 AM
    There were also a whole bunch of app updates that coincided with, or were a couple days around the security update.
    Every time we get a security update, a handful of people start saying it killed this or that, while the vast majority of us have no problems at all. If the security update were at fault, it would be effecting the majority of us.
    Look at your apps and settings, all of them, while it's possible you had a bad install of the security update, it's most likely an app, (or 3).
    05-26-17 07:14 AM
    I have very few apps. And the all the same apps work fine on my old dell tablet or my old krocera phone, its something specific to the priv. Until April the priv was faster than either of my other devices, now its slower.
    My Dell tablet is the oldest having been purchased in 2013. I can open Google maps and be able to search in 2-3 seconds. The Priv I click on google maps and maybe 10 seconds I can actually type in the search box. Since April the everything has been extra slow no matter how often I reboot or clear cache.
    05-26-17 10:52 AM
    I'm pretty happy with Priv right now. Only 2 hrs SOT but battery is good to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life BlackBerry Priv-62238.jpg  
    chuckiev79 and Nathan Conley like this.
    05-26-17 02:35 PM
    I have very few apps. And the all the same apps work fine on my old dell tablet or my old krocera phone, its something specific to the priv. Until April the priv was faster than either of my other devices, now its slower.
    My Dell tablet is the oldest having been purchased in 2013. I can open Google maps and be able to search in 2-3 seconds. The Priv I click on google maps and maybe 10 seconds I can actually type in the search box. Since April the everything has been extra slow no matter how often I reboot or clear cache.
    Might be time to do a factory reset then load back your apps but not from backup.
    05-26-17 03:15 PM
65 123