Yeah the battery edge only works when you're in a well lit environment. If not, it won't appear. That's just to save your eyes from getting the nasty blue light radiation when you're in a dark room.

Also, the battery edge indicator won't stay for lit up forever, it has some time out to prevent the screen from burning out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-16 07:12 PM
    You have to have wake to gestures, ambient turn on, and edge on. Then the edge will work. Also if you plug it in with a wired charger it might go off for a few seconds then my edge will show back up.

09-17-16 08:14 PM
    Where is "WAKE to gestures" item? Do you mean "tap to wake" ??
    09-17-16 08:36 PM
    I've noticed that it will flash the charge percentage and then will later flash to say how long before the device is fully charged. I believe it is normal for it not to stay lit continuously and also normal that it is only lit in well lit places.

Sorry it is not functioning properly for you. I am running the most recent update for beta on at&t, which has been released to all.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 01:00 PM
    Mine was working at first but now it does not work at all. Updated apps and still nothing, sometimes the green bar will show up when it's first plugged in but then goes away.

***EDIT***

Just figured it out, if you plug in the phone and you're in a dark room, the battery edge bar won't show up. However when you're in a bright setting it will turn on.

I turned my lamp and and it started to work, however when I turned off the lamp it disappears.

Give it a try by holding a bright light up to the phone when its plugged in!
    This is how it's supposed to work.

09-18-16 06:32 PM
    All the folderol over the curved edge is a joke... it's a costly & unnecessary fluff piece pricing the Priv out of the market. It could be useful, but nothing is on it other than a battery notification... a waste while a sturdy metallic or carbon fiber frame would be protection from accidents ... BlackBerry doesn't get the market at all... cluelessness & superciliousness are their forté & they refuse to change that... the market is replete with boring slabs... the keyboard could sell, fixed or slider... it needs an ergonomic redesign, a plethora of options & features, and more advantages of the capacitive aspect of the PKB. The BlackBerry 10 OS should be reformulated as an overlay to stock android beneath it. Secure items would live in the BlackBerry portion walled off from Android. BlackBerry apps would make the phone a stand-off flagship, while straight android ideas with some BlackBerry features like Hub could sell at a lower price point to address that sector... BlackBerry 10 phones of yore ( i.e Classic, Passport, DTEK) could be fitted with this combination of software (bb10 overlay on Android base or bb10 android apps on Android base.
    Last edited by patapoof; 05-08-17 at 04:45 PM.
    09-19-16 10:10 AM
    Burn in? That's not a concern for a non-plasma screen of any sort.
    05-08-17 11:02 AM
    ALL screens can burn in. The battery edge drops to black after a short time. There were rumbles of news & weather and notifications & more for the edge... nothing happened.
    05-08-17 04:47 PM
    There is one condition that doesn't seem to be noted here. And, yes, the edge display 's absence is why I'm here. So that everyone can benefit from my experiments, here it is: When Daydream is on, the edge meter does not appear as described elsewhere. It still works, without the time estimate, of course, when waking the Priv.
    05-09-17 06:17 AM
    It also seems to disappear if you disable the navigation bar through Adb shell like in the one guide.
    05-09-17 11:08 AM
    So i noticed last night my Priv no longer was showing the bar on the edge of the screen. I unplugged and plugged back in and red bar starts to go around screen then it's like the app crashes. Any one else seeing these issues. also is any one else seeing artifacts on right side of the browser screen? It's like a row of pixels i can see the go up the edge of the screen. Also i have tried rebooting many times. And yes the option is settings is turned on.
    no worries... when your mobile in the dark room it will not shows, if it is in lighting it shows. once try it
    05-23-18 07:41 PM
61 123