So i noticed last night my Priv no longer was showing the bar on the edge of the screen. I unplugged and plugged back in and red bar starts to go around screen then it's like the app crashes. Any one else seeing these issues. also is any one else seeing artifacts on right side of the browser screen? It's like a row of pixels i can see the go up the edge of the screen. Also i have tried rebooting many times. And yes the option is settings is turned on.
    Andrew Finley likes this.
    11-07-15 10:18 PM
    Not sure if this is related, but one thing you might want to do is go into the Google Play Store, then go to My Apps, and choose All, then scroll through the list of apps installed checking for apps that say Update. I noticed my Priv stopped showing the charge bar last night, but didn't think anything of it. This evening I went through my list of apps in the store and noticed there were several that had updates available, so I manually updated them. Now my charge bar is back again.
    11-08-15 12:19 AM
    That's what i thought at first also, did all my updates just to make sure rebooted 3 times and still red bar starts to draw then just stops and no bar on screen when screen is off. Wonder if it's a bug.
    11-08-15 10:24 AM
    No issues with mine. Works fine.
    11-08-15 10:48 AM
    It seems to be a touchy item with the phone not always showing here either. I sure these bugs will get ironed out in a future update.
    11-08-15 10:50 AM
    I thought it only worked while charging. That's the only way I could get it to work.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 11:11 AM
    I thought it only worked while charging. That's the only way I could get it to work.

That's how it's supposed to work, yes, but the issue is that sometimes it won't show even while charging. I had this same issue when I plugged it in before going to sleep last night, indicator just refused to show.

In the morning though, after I went through my notifications and locked the phone, it showed up to tell me the phone was fully-charged. Not a clue what caused it to come back.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    11-08-15 11:16 AM
    Yes it will only show when charging when you first plug in it animates a red bar from the bottom middle of your screen and goes around counter clock wise to show the current charge of the device. Then when the screen goes to sleep it shows just a bar on the right curve of the screen and an ETA to how long to fully charged. This is the expected behaviour. For me the bar when screen is off used to show but now does not and the red bar that shows when you plug it in starts then just disapears like the app crashed.
    11-08-15 11:23 AM
    Mine was working at first but now it does not work at all. Updated apps and still nothing, sometimes the green bar will show up when it's first plugged in but then goes away.

***EDIT***

Just figured it out, if you plug in the phone and you're in a dark room, the battery edge bar won't show up. However when you're in a bright setting it will turn on.

I turned my lamp and and it started to work, however when I turned off the lamp it disappears.

Give it a try by holding a bright light up to the phone when its plugged in!
    Last edited by kodath; 11-08-15 at 11:42 AM.
    11-08-15 11:27 AM
    Are you in a dark room or dimly lit room when the battery edge indicator disappears? Because I noticed that my battery edge wasn't displaying when I plugged in my Priv this morning. After some searching I found this:

About the battery edge indicator - PRIV - 5.1
    "The indicator will automatically disappear when the room is dark. "

Turned on the lights in my room and *tada* the indicator was on. Turned off the lights and *poof* indicator gone.
    yyz321 likes this.
    11-08-15 11:37 AM
    I guess it is time to hold power and report a bug!
    11-08-15 11:41 AM
    Try what I posted above and see if it works for you!
    11-08-15 11:43 AM
    Perhaps there's a setting for it to stay on even in a dim room
    11-08-15 12:11 PM
    Perhaps there's a setting for it to stay on even in a dim room
    Hopefully, i would like it on most times

11-08-15 12:21 PM
    Mine only shows up when the phone is laying flat.

11-08-15 01:07 PM
    So awesome that brought back the line around the screen when i plug in my charger but it did not bring back when the screen goes to sleep so dark room was it because that is where i plug in my phone dark room at night. And no there is no option to turn tha feature on or off. So now have to figure out why when screen is asleep it does not turn on.
    11-08-15 01:08 PM
    Ok here's my issue
    Plug in priv under a room light that is on, indicator lights up but then turns off in under a min

Plug in priv under a room light that is on, indicator lights up, then I turn light off, indicator goes off, turn light back on under a min, indicator comes on for less than a min

If I turn off the light and don't turn it back on within a min, and turn it on say 5 mins later, Indicator will not show unless I unplug it and plug it back in again.

Sometimes I have to toggle it in settings to get it back.

Really annoying

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 10:49 PM
    So i noticed last night my Priv no longer was showing the bar on the edge of the screen. I unplugged and plugged back in and red bar starts to go around screen then it's like the app crashes. Any one else seeing these issues. also is any one else seeing artifacts on right side of the browser screen? It's like a row of pixels i can see the go up the edge of the screen. Also i have tried rebooting many times. And yes the option is settings is turned on.
    Is ambient display on? I think that also has to be on for it to work. Probably a bug.
    11-28-15 08:49 AM
    it would be great if there was an option to override the ambient light sensor so that the charging edge indicator shows regardless of the lighting conditions!
    11-28-15 01:57 PM
    Yeah, my battery indicator only displays for about 10second, then goes away. Phone is only 5 days old from AT&T store. It worked for a few days... I did update a handful of apps from playstore so maybe one of them had code that fixed the respective app, but un-coded the battery indicator
    12-02-15 08:43 PM
    Yeah, my battery indicator only displays for about 10second, then goes away. Phone is only 5 days old from AT&T store. It worked for a few days... I did update a handful of apps from playstore so maybe one of them had code that fixed the respective app, but un-coded the battery indicator
    Is �Battery edge� enabled in Settings?
    Is �Ambient display� enabled in Settings?
    Is the room well-lit and the charger plugged in?
    12-02-15 08:47 PM
    Hi ce71: battery edge and ambient display are both on. The room light on/off trick does seem to work... BUT the battery edge feature did not depend on room light when I first got the phone. Rather, when I first got the phone and the first 2-3 times I charged it, the battery edge would stay on the whole time it was plugged in... Regardless of room light.
    12-03-15 09:03 PM
    Let all wait for the update Tuesday and see if its fixed. We all know it's an issue of some kind or bug let's just hope they fixed it in the update
    12-03-15 09:21 PM
    battery bar and ambient display have to be on, the update seemed to have fixed mine. I'm good to go now. Only worked for the first day then stopped until update.. Sweet.....
    12-11-15 03:35 PM
    I disabled it anyway.
    I don't want burn-in on my screen
    12-11-15 03:53 PM
61 123