I'm losing hope, and trying to make the best of my Priv...but it ain't happening.

Per attached, phone was unplugged at about 730ish (100%), brightness is on low.

Listened to music for about 35min, took a 45min conference call, and tried to upload pictures to IG (crashed 3 times)

Outside of that, 3.5hrs later I'm at 60%. I've dropped 1% while charging too.

2 days ago, plugged in at 25% before going to bed, to wake up to my phone only at 35% charge and it died that night (while charging)

I've tried some of the ways to boost the phone, but anyone have another tips?

Battery....how fast it goes-screenshot_20170628-102224.png
    06-28-17 09:31 AM
    Note my screen was on bright for 15minutes to edit some pictures
    06-28-17 09:32 AM
    Have you tried going in Development Mode and turning off animations? Has improved my performance and a bit battery life. Of course won't touch the Passport in that department. Also change your usb cable and make sure is an OEM BlackBerry one. I have noticed that charging is smoother compared to non BlackBerry one.

Get rid of unnecessary Apps as this increases background processes that drain your battery. Hope this helps!

Sent from my STV100-3 using CB Forums mobile app
    glwerry likes this.
    06-28-17 09:42 AM
    Have you tried going in Development Mode and turning off animations? Has improved my performance and a bit battery life. Of course won't touch the Passport in that department. Also change your usb cable and make sure is an OEM BlackBerry one. I have noticed that charging is smoother compared to non BlackBerry one.

Get rid of unnecessary Apps as this increases background processes that drain your battery. Hope this helps!

Sent from my STV100-3 using CB Forums mobile app
    Yep, I've done that and slowed down one of the (0.5) or something.

Going through and disabling a lot of apps in background.

Trying to figure what else to do.

I use a blackberry cable since day 1, no aftermarkets
    06-28-17 09:51 AM
    Do you have access to a BlackBerry Playbook charger? if so try charging with that one and try how the battery behaves
    06-28-17 09:53 AM
    Do you have access to a BlackBerry Playbook charger? if so try charging with that one and try how the battery behaves
    I had to chuck that cable out a bit ago, wasn't working well.

Still got my q10 cable on hand
    06-28-17 10:24 AM
    Turn off background data for apps that you do not wish to have it. Many apps will run in the background and collect data or sync and not show up in battery stats. Use a different battery stat app and see the difference.
    gqmovement likes this.
    06-28-17 01:21 PM
    Turn off background data for apps that you do not wish to have it. Many apps will run in the background and collect data or sync and not show up in battery stats. Use a different battery stat app and see the difference.
    Are particular app to get to monitor that doesn't have spam too lol
    06-28-17 01:38 PM
    My Priv has never lasted a day. It is a power hog plain and simple. I wireless charge it overnight and fast charge it on the dock after 5-6 hours (twice a day). It is what it is. Still a great phone that uses lots of power! I don't see a point of deleting apps or disabling things, etc. I bought the Priv to have the apps and the side effect is a 5-6 hour battery life! I will live with that.
    gqmovement, FF22 and andy957 like this.
    06-28-17 10:23 PM
    I used to get two days before the March update. I've posted on Verizon's forum asking how to roll back to the pre-march update so we can get some battery life back, as soon as I find out I'll report back.
    06-29-17 09:38 PM
    Hello I get a full day battery life and my PRIV working perfectly. What I have done is a mix of the following:

-use GPS only when needed
    -turned off advanced interaction activate screen when notifications arrive
    -turned off adaptive brightness
    -turned off daydream
    -turned on advanced interaction flip to save power
    -changed animations re developer options from 1x to. 5x
    -charge from level min 10% to 90%
    -clear cache when reached 1gb internal memory after clearing always right away a device reset
    -uninstall Facebook and Messenger. Both are data and system hogs. If need Facebook great alternative is Friendly which has messenger built in.
    -turned off vibrating when not needed
    -check your sync intervals on apps.
    -also have cleared DATA from apps and right after a 32 second reboot holding power button for at least they period of time. Clearing DATA sometimes means you have to go thru set up process like when first installed. But this process clears up data.

By the way I have 6 email accts, twitter, Instagram, whatsapp, telegram, Slack, BBM..etc. I use the HUB for all services.

Good luck to all.

Posted via CB10
    NightFire likes this.
    06-29-17 10:33 PM
    I used to get two days before the March update. I've posted on Verizon's forum asking how to roll back to the pre-march update so we can get some battery life back, as soon as I find out I'll report back.
    I'm not sure if you can go back that far in terms of older OS versions.

Check out if any Autoloaders are available in the date range you want and for your carrier version.
    06-29-17 11:46 PM
    Thats when I need to go back to through. Everything worked back then and I've had nothing but problems since the march update, not just poor battery life. I can't reliably wireless charge, can't take pictures with flash, etc.
    06-30-17 05:46 AM
    Thats when I need to go back to through. Everything worked back then and I've had nothing but problems since the march update, not just poor battery life. I can't reliably wireless charge, can't take pictures with flash, etc.
    I would suggest you tweet @blackberryhelp. They are very good about helping you get things running right. You may have to do a factory reset, but they are great to work with.
    06-30-17 08:23 AM
    I never use the Facebook app, I only have a shortcut to the webpage. Facebook is horrendous for using up battery life. I do have Messenger, and it seems to be OK. Just yesterday I was at 42% battery life with over 4 hours of screen time. Got through the whole day, put it on the charger at 20%, and had just under 6 hours screen time throughout the day. I've found the battery on this thing to be pretty impressive, hope you find something that fixes your issue.
    06-30-17 08:39 AM
    try rico4you suggestions above. that is pretty much the same thing I do except I have facebook app but no permissions granted. I'll turn on the fb location if I want to do a check in or something but then turn it back off. also look at dtek and see what other apps might be accessing location a lot and turn location off for those. uber might be another one...i stay logged out of it until I want to use it.
    06-30-17 08:44 AM
    I would suggest you tweet @blackberryhelp. They are very good about helping you get things running right. You may have to do a factory reset, but they are great to work with.
    I did the factory reset a few days ago and still have the same issues. All the issues started after the march update so something is fubar there.
    06-30-17 10:55 AM
    I'm losing hope, and trying to make the best of my Priv...but it ain't happening.

Per attached, phone was unplugged at about 730ish (100%), brightness is on low.

Listened to music for about 35min, took a 45min conference call, and tried to upload pictures to IG (crashed 3 times)

Outside of that, 3.5hrs later I'm at 60%. I've dropped 1% while charging too.

2 days ago, plugged in at 25% before going to bed, to wake up to my phone only at 35% charge and it died that night (while charging)

I've tried some of the ways to boost the phone, but anyone have another tips?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170628-102224.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	426097
    Look, you just have to accept the fact that the battery life on the Priv is awful.

Sure, you could try all the tips and tricks... turn this off, turn that off, uninstall this, uninstall that, change this, change that, disable this, disable that, stand on your head, pray to the Battery God, etc.... But at the end of the day, it is what it is - an OK phone with terrible battery life.

Accept it. I had to. I had to get used to several midday charges. Get used to carrying around one of those portable chargers. Get used to taking advantage of every charging opportunity I could find throughout the day.

That's just the reality of life with the Priv. Accept. It.

(Or get a KeyOne. 27 hours off the charger and still going)
    07-01-17 08:33 AM
    Well I accept the fact that get a full day of battery life and 4 hours min SOT. With a gorgeous screen and size.
    And yes will get a KEYᴼᴺᴱ .
    FF22 likes this.
    07-01-17 09:35 AM
    Look, you just have to accept the fact that the battery life on the Priv is awful.

Sure, you could try all the tips and tricks... turn this off, turn that off, uninstall this, uninstall that, change this, change that, disable this, disable that, stand on your head, pray to the Battery God, etc.... But at the end of the day, it is what it is - an OK phone with terrible battery life.

Accept it. I had to. I had to get used to several midday charges. Get used to carrying around one of those portable chargers. Get used to taking advantage of every charging opportunity I could find throughout the day.

(Or get a KeyOne. 27 hours off the charger and still going)
    I keep trying not to accept, looking for something positive.

But yeah, I still charge whenever, put battery saver on all the time, charge on the go, and even carry my classic as a backup.

Working on the getting the Keyone...if anyone would have stock...smh
    07-01-17 09:45 AM
    I keep trying not to accept, looking for something positive.

But yeah, I still charge whenever, put battery saver on all the time, charge on the go, and even carry my classic as a backup.

Working on the getting the Keyone...if anyone would have stock...smh
    I understand. I was in the same boat. I did everything imaginable. But eventually, living with a terrible battery just became a fact of life. On my best days, I could squeeze 4 hours of screen time, but on average it was about 3.5. I still believe the real problem is not the battery, it's the processor, but that's a tired topic.

Don't get me wrong, the Priv has/had incredible potential if it were not for two primary things: terrible battery and lagging performance. The performance was not something I even realized until I switched to a K1, which for some reason, is noticeably faster than the Priv.

Have you considered a portable charger? It might be smaller... more discreet... than carrying around your Classic.
    07-01-17 09:57 AM
    Heavy use (for me) I've managed just over 6 hours SoT.
    Light use: 3 hours 41 mins plus idle time 2 days 2 hours 45 mins with 4% left
    That's with location and Bluetooth off and using the pouch case with sleep magnet when phone not being used.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    07-01-17 10:12 AM
    I understand. I was in the same boat. I did everything imaginable. But eventually, living with a terrible battery just became a fact of life. On my best days, I could squeeze 4 hours of screen time, but on average it was about 3.5. I still believe the real problem is not the battery, it's the processor, but that's a tired topic.

Don't get me wrong, the Priv has/had incredible potential if it were not for two primary things: terrible battery and lagging performance. The performance was not something I even realized until I switched to a K1, which for some reason, is noticeably faster than the Priv.

Have you considered a portable charger? It might be smaller... more discreet... than carrying around your Classic.
    Yeah need to buy another, lost mine in a move.

But I honestly love using my classic, the build quality is hands down sooo much more than the Priv. The classic works fine, minus not getting some app updates (sport scores, formula, twitter IG, snapchat, few other aps)

Well, hopefully can get a K1 sooooon
    07-01-17 10:42 AM

If the battery hadn't been awful before March it might be acceptable now. But since the battery life was decent before March then it should still be. BB simply needs to fix whatever they messed up in the March update.
    07-01-17 03:48 PM
    If the battery hadn't been awful before March it might be acceptable now. But since the battery life was decent before March then it should still be. BB simply needs to fix whatever they messed up in the March update.
    Battery was awful since day one... when I paid top dollar for a device that's now barely $250. Initially, I swore I must have had a defective device. So, I opened a ticket with BB support... the ticket was escalated up the chain a few times... ultimately I spoke with some team-engineer-whatever he called himself. His final word on the topic was that - "We ask our phones to do a lot these days. There's only so much you can put inside." I took that as him admitting it was what it was. I nearly felt betrayed because I did not believe a phone with such a hefty price tag should only provide a few hours of screen time. Eventually... I accepted it at face value - a phone with 3-4 hours of screen time.

Since I've been using the K1, I haven't looked back. The grass is greener on the other side.
    gqmovement likes this.
    07-01-17 06:15 PM
37 12