Mine was fine when I first got it. I would take it off the charger at 6am and by 11pm was only down to 50%, I could stretch it to 2 days if needed. After the March update I'm lucky to even have 50% at 6am in the morning after being charged all night and have to keep it plugged in on my desk as if it was an iphone.
    07-01-17 06:26 PM
    Have all the same basic sentiments .
    I think the PRIV is a great phone totally ruined by the appalling battery life.
    I intend to go back to the Passport which to my mind is far. better.
    what. is the point of the. Priv's wonderful capabilities if you have to turn them all off.
    May be a case incorporating a portable charger is the only way forward for an otherwise brilliant phone
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-03-17 02:21 AM
    Have all the same basic sentiments .
    I think the PRIV is a great phone totally ruined by the appalling battery life.
    I intend to go back to the Passport which to my mind is far. better.
    what. is the point of the. Priv's wonderful capabilities if you have to turn them all off.
    May be a case incorporating a portable charger is the only way forward for an otherwise brilliant phone
    Interesting point of view. I get about the same battery life on both the Priv and the Passport. I have turned off all background synchronization and all notifications on the social apps. I am on my phone a lot: I find I use it for a lot of office work rather than my laptop. Battery life isn't terrible, but it could be better. Since I am not hooked up to enterprise, I will probably move from my Priv to a OnePlus 5.

I love my Priv, but next year will be new phone
    07-03-17 12:49 PM
    The only thing that can improve PRIV battery life is an OS upgrade to Nougat. The new DOZE feature will squeeze a few more hours of use out of it. Instead of waiting 30 minutes to kick in when the device is stationary, like in Marshmallow, Nougat will kick it in immediately and even if the phone is moving.

Nougat is the only hope at this stage.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-03-17 04:26 PM
    Or fix whatever made the battery life worse in March
    skinnymike1 and PHughes like this.
    07-03-17 05:01 PM
    I find I can get two days out of a Passport battery without any real thought.The PRIV on the other hand will only do about two thirds of a day with luck .
    I use my Priv with a flip case .It would be very easy to incorporate a dedicated power bank Thus more or less solving the problem. I am not attracted to Keyone as no slider.For my money the old 9810 was from a use point of view brilliant
    07-03-17 05:36 PM
    Interesting point of view. I get about the same battery life on both the Priv and the Passport. I have turned off all background synchronization and all notifications on the social apps. I am on my phone a lot: I find I use it for a lot of office work rather than my laptop. Battery life isn't terrible, but it could be better. Since I am not hooked up to enterprise, I will probably move from my Priv to a OnePlus 5.

I love my Priv, but next year will be new phone
    Saying you get the same battery life on the Priv as you do the Passport is a bit abstract. What you should do is see how much "Screen time on" you get in a full charge for the Priv. It's impossible to reach 5 hours of screen time on a single charge. If you're lucky, you'll see 4 hours.
    07-03-17 05:58 PM
    SOLVED: I figured out the battery issue! Since every potential answer dealt with shutting off GPS, vibration, dimming the screen, deleting apps, turning off wifi, turning off permissions, etc etc, .... I shut my PRIV off!!! Battery sure lasts all day now!!! When I want to make a phone call I just turn on the phone, wait 5 minutes for the phone to boot up, put my pattern in to unlock, wait 7 more minutes to finish boot, make my call, turn off the phone, then recharge! Amazing!
    In reality I just frequently charge it, wait for it to cool down, continue to charge it, etc etc. Its very routine for me just like breathing both ways. Maybe the KEYone is better but every slab phone including all my coworkers iphones are charged up at least twice a day for business use.
    Battery tech is not quite there yet for everything we do with these devices now. If these batteries where in a StarTac flip from 20 years ago it'd last all year! 20 years from now the batteries will power the PRIV for a year, but who will want a phone that doesn't teleport you around the world?
    07-20-17 12:37 AM
    Hello I get a full day battery life and my PRIV working perfectly. What I have done is a mix of the following:

-use GPS only when needed
    -turned off advanced interaction activate screen when notifications arrive
    -turned off adaptive brightness
    -turned off daydream
    -turned on advanced interaction flip to save power
    -changed animations re developer options from 1x to. 5x
    -charge from level min 10% to 90%
    -clear cache when reached 1gb internal memory after clearing always right away a device reset
    -uninstall Facebook and Messenger. Both are data and system hogs. If need Facebook great alternative is Friendly which has messenger built in.
    -turned off vibrating when not needed
    -check your sync intervals on apps.
    -also have cleared DATA from apps and right after a 32 second reboot holding power button for at least they period of time. Clearing DATA sometimes means you have to go thru set up process like when first installed. But this process clears up data.

By the way I have 6 email accts, twitter, Instagram, whatsapp, telegram, Slack, BBM..etc. I use the HUB for all services.

Good luck to all.

Posted via CB10
    Glad that has worked for you. I am just getting tired of constantly monitoring and tweaking the phone so that it runs cool and smooth. That is one reason I keep switching back to the iPhone. It seems to not require constant attention to ensure operation is smooth.

But after I switch back to the iPhone I do get bored with it and miss the Priv.
    Rico4you likes this.
    07-21-17 12:07 PM
    All my co-workers with iphones have to keep them on their desks plugged in all the time, they have pretty poor battery life.
    The priv used to have good battery life but that changed in March.
    07-28-17 03:42 PM
    Why such wide differences in experiences?
    I plugged mine out at 7 am this morning and it's now 4:27pm with it at 72%. I would say medium usage today, but this is fairly typical for me.
    It sounds like some people even if they unplug the phone and do not touch it, this is impossible. So strange...
    07-28-17 04:30 PM
    I just commented on the other thread. I get out of bed 5:30-6am. Before the March update I'd be at 50% by 10pm. After the march update I now have to charge it around 2-3pm or it will go dead when I get home from work.
    07-29-17 09:42 PM
37 12